Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 240. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Can someone please direct me to the Blocknet windows wallet.

I can see it on Github but I am on a windows machine and don't trust myself to compile it correctly.

Why don't you just download the wallet Zip file straight from http://theblocknet.com/

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 211
Merit: 100

I can see it on Github but I am on a windows machine and don't trust myself to compile it correctly.

Why don't you just download the wallet Zip file straight from http://theblocknet.com/
legendary

Activity: 211
Pleased to see the Blocknet schedule  Smiley
So the tasks with the orange dots, are the ones currently being sorted out right now?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Whats this all about on the subreddit? http://imgur.com/4V8mier

That, my friend is -

1) FUD

2) Irrelevant

edit -

But genuine, hard questions are very welcome here.

The federal tax lien document was a fake?

I'm not in a position to tell.

But you can read my full response to Leewilson in a FUD thread.

Basically his/her post was an argument based upon that alleged tax lien document, rather than just a presentation of the document.

The argument presented was Lee's usual overextension of hypotheses beyond what the facts can support. Its claim, in a nutshell:
- a tax lien against Dan puts all the Blocknet's funds (and BLOCK) at risk [incorrect: they do not belong to Dan and will not be under Dan's control.]
- therefore Dan is unethical.

So it was yet another piece of insinuating, conspiracy-theorist-style FUD from Leewilson attempting to masquerade as legitimate argument.
Oh, and it was an attempted doxxing. Delete on sight.
And Lee is banned here. Delete on sight.

So Lee's post failed on multiple counts, and should stay in a FUD thread where it belongs.

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

I have an open mac wallet.
It is open since 8.07 a.m.
Does staking starts alone without any command?

Where is the command panel? I am not able to find it.

Thanks for advice Smiley

12 hours and no stake  Huh
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Whats this all about on the subreddit? http://imgur.com/4V8mier
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
So when are we getting a roadmap or any updates soon?  Smiley
legendary
Synechist can you clarify whether staked Block tokens will be allowed to be kept or not?

I vaguely remember something about the staking wallet being meant only for storage.
legendary
I've been reading up on the Blocknet, and I'm glad the ITO was successful! However I am having difficulty understanding exactly how I would get paid as a BLOCK token owner (I don't currently own any BLOCK, but it looks like I could still buy some from an exchange even though the ITO is over).

From the article:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/blocknet-works-initial-token-offering-rules/

"Once the Blocknet is ready to start paying fees to token-holders, Blocknet tokens may be redeemed for Blocknet assets on the NHZ asset exchange."

^^ I don't really understand this, but I also am not very familiar with NHZ, so please excuse my ignorance.

Does this mean your BLOCK still needs to be exchanged for an NHZ asset (another coin?) for you to get paid for Blocknet fees?

I understand that the Blocknet is not yet a reality, and that in the meantime one can trade BLOCK similar to any other coin. However I am more interested in getting paid for Blocknet services rendered whenever Blocknet is implemented, and I can't seem to find much information on how that works other than the quote above.

Hey hey

Yes, you'll need to redeem your BLOCK for a NHZ asset at the appropriate time in order to earn revenue from Blocknet services.

There will be information on how this will be done once the technology has been developed.

Today there'll be a new OP for this thread and it'll include a timeline so you can get a rough sense for when things will be ready.

Does this mean that our Blocknet token will become then NHZ asset ? or, will we have still Blocknet assets ? Soory, but it is not so clear to me.

Yes, the plan is for NHZ's asset exchange to be the service provider for Blocknet assets.

Thanks synechist as always for the prompt information! I look forward to the new OP with timeline.

Yes, this seems to be different than staking - looking at the NHZ exchange it looks like you can get things like BTSX and PTS, which I also tried to understand and failed (this stuff is complicated!) - but I believe they are something like stock in a company. In the case of Blocknet, I am imagining that these "shares" pay a dividend periodically (which I guess is like staking, come to think of it), but I could be completely wrong.

Yes, Blocknet tokens will be analogous to shares.

The different between them and shares is that the Blocknet is a network (or a DAPP), rather than a company.

Blocknet tokens will, if I'm correct, distribute service provider fees to shareholders relatively directly. This is akin to dividends, but done immediately rather than periodically.

legendary

Introducing the Blocknet Subreddit!

Feel free to populate this with all sorts of relevant stuff folks!

Activity: 422
Meow
I've been reading up on the Blocknet, and I'm glad the ITO was successful! However I am having difficulty understanding exactly how I would get paid as a BLOCK token owner (I don't currently own any BLOCK, but it looks like I could still buy some from an exchange even though the ITO is over).

From the article:

"Once the Blocknet is ready to start paying fees to token-holders, Blocknet tokens may be redeemed for Blocknet assets on the NHZ asset exchange."

^^ I don't really understand this, but I also am not very familiar with NHZ, so please excuse my ignorance.

Does this mean your BLOCK still needs to be exchanged for an NHZ asset (another coin?) for you to get paid for Blocknet fees?

I understand that the Blocknet is not yet a reality, and that in the meantime one can trade BLOCK similar to any other coin. However I am more interested in getting paid for Blocknet services rendered whenever Blocknet is implemented, and I can't seem to find much information on how that works other than the quote above.

Hey hey

Yes, you'll need to redeem your BLOCK for a NHZ asset at the appropriate time in order to earn revenue from Blocknet services.

There will be information on how this will be done once the technology has been developed.

Today there'll be a new OP for this thread and it'll include a timeline so you can get a rough sense for when things will be ready.

Is this different than staking?

Thanks synechist as always for the prompt information! I look forward to the new OP with timeline.

Yes, this seems to be different than staking - looking at the NHZ exchange it looks like you can get things like BTSX and PTS, which I also tried to understand and failed (this stuff is complicated!) - but I believe they are something like stock in a company. In the case of Blocknet, I am imagining that these "shares" pay a dividend periodically (which I guess is like staking, come to think of it), but I could be completely wrong.
Activity: 435

From the article:

Hey hey

Does this mean that our Blocknet token will become then NHZ asset ? or, will we have still Blocknet assets ? Soory, but it is not so clear to me.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

I have an open mac wallet.
It is open since 8.07 a.m.
Does staking starts alone without any command?

Where is the command panel? I am not able to find it.

Thanks for advice Smiley
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
It will be nice to see the XC thread open so this thread can be used for what it was intended. We have a lot of coins on the Blocknet and more to come.
Jump to: