Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 287. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

A question :

If, Blocknet project starts, are there any other coins which have said they want to be part of it ?

Yes, lots have. I get a lot of PMs. :-)

Once the Foundation's Board is in place, we'll establish procedures for ratifying coins. We'll also publish a  schedule of regular meetings, at which coins can propose to develop Blocknet-relevant technology and apply for funding.

At this stage, we'll be in a position to consider adding new coins to the Blocknet. May there be many!

Any coins you guys already have considered? Last pm from dan on quark request was that he was going to relay it to the foundation and vet it out and vote on it. Any update on this?

I haven't kept abreast of that discussion. Too busy writing press releases and dealing with fud. :-)

But we haven't formalised the Foundation yet, so I'm guessing it'll be over a week before we're in a position to consider adding new coins.
Activity: 868

A question :

If, Blocknet project starts, are there any other coins which have said they want to be part of it ?

Once the Foundation's Board is in place, we'll establish procedures for ratifying coins. We'll also publish a  schedule of regular meetings, at which coins can propose to develop Blocknet-relevant technology and apply for funding.

At this stage, we'll be in a position to consider adding new coins to the Blocknet. May there be many!

Any coins you guys already have considered? Last pm from dan on quark request was that he was going to relay it to the foundation and vet it out and vote on it. Any update on this or coins in general that have been take into consideration?
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
  In a few month, we might realise that this Smear-Campaign was actually positiv. As it shows of what the altcoin world is made of.
One of the thruth about altcoin is, that a few small groups have been  stealing from others with all their lies and manipulations.
This is exactly why they there was so much FUD, as Blocknet is a threat to their robbery.
It was time that a project this like sees place, a lot might in the next month starts reconsiderating their thoughts about altcoins.
And I am very pleased as it seems that Blocknet will win the fight.  Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Question:

What stops people on bitrrex that sell for the refund to sell on the wall, buy a bit higher and sell again on the wall if they want to ruin the project?

Did you consider this? are you checking with bittrex? Are they checking all transactions? I don't think so.

Think about it. If they wanted to refund by buy wall trading should not have been allowed.

As well this can be done by all people that did not have blocks to begin with.

legendary
If this launches

Mitigating the huge obstacle that is slippage trustlessly without exploits and without decreasing anonymity set will be a challenge, many orders of magnitude more complex than say a chat feature.

Hey Illodin

You should quote the conversation we had earlier about slippage. There were some relevant remarks. I don't think it presents an issue.

Anonymity sets: in some cases I agree that this will be a challenge. But since the XBridge is end-to-end encrypted and because inter-blockchain communication either isn't stored on a blockchain or, if it is, it can itself be anonymised, I don't see a general or a significant issue here either.

But of course the details are what count. Are you a dev? Would you consider getting involved?

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Fibre Knight
Just for clarification and really need this clear before I head out.... we can still purchase blocks on bittrex with BTC, just not withdraw or deposit blocks and we can buy and sell on Polo from what is there, and buy from Coingateway with participating alts and what appears to be a sell wall on BTER. Thus, even refunding the coins at trex seems fair (right thing to do), but even so it seems like we are putting our fingers in the holes on all the other exchanges to steam the bleeding and thus being able to meet the goal. I have to say this is one hell of a strategy and with that salute Blocknet for getting it wright!

~ Did I miss something?
Activity: 435
A question :

Great news ! Well, with all those infos coming out, I think most are keeping their Blocks now  Grin
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
If this launches

Mitigating the huge obstacle that is slippage trustlessly without exploits and without decreasing anonymity set will be a challenge, many orders of magnitude more complex than say a chat feature.
Activity: 910
Merit: 508
Can you release the official number of Block sold in BTC please? thank you.

I don't have access to figures at the moment but here's my rough estimate:

Bittrex ~420

Bter: ~113

Polo: ~23

Polo (NHZ): ~34

Alts: ~500

Total: between 1000 and 1100 BTC.

- minus whatever is sold into the Bittrex buy wall of course.

About 1070 BTC collected as of now including Blocks sold into the buy wall

Whoever is selling thank you for lowering tokens supply Smiley

Much appreciated from all BlockNet investors

Absolutely! I also say: many thanks
legendary
Speaking of reasons to celebrate the Blocknet, this article came out this morning:

http://altcoinspeculation.com/blocknet-accountability-information/

Activity: 211
Woke up with a smile today  Smiley Thank you

Viva Blocknet!!
Activity: 324
People are so greedy.

That dude defending blocknet when it was fudding now reverting his position just because what exactly ? Because Syn have been promoting and defending blocknet this past week vs all this FUD and to promote the ITO.

SO Greedy.

Think at the bigger picture. If this launches, alts will be able to develop their own services that they will be able to offer in conjunction with others coins features. Instead of having 1 coin does it all , you will have plenty of entrepreneurs trying to launch services competing against each other.

In the end, you will have a huge infrastructure with services offered all over the place and generating fees for their own coin and the blocknet holders.
Activity: 235
Bittrex ~420

Right. I want to say my THANK YOU too.
With every single BLOCK sold back to bittrex - the value of my BLOCK entire wallet goes up, up, UP....
Thanks indeed.

To  make your refunding price more atractive - i'm putting a small new buy orders at 0.00025001 once in a while
I wish I could afford to make 'em larger.

legendary
Activity: 2310

Bittrex ~420

legendary
Reposting so everyone knows about this:

Introducing LuckyAlt's Blocknet Explorer

http://explorer.luckyalt.com:3006/

legendary

Bittrex ~420

For what I understood

Bittrex 420

Bter ?

polo?

alts 550
Activity: 868
A question :

Yes Quark is one i know of where its dev found Blocknet interesting and i have talked to Dan he was positive aswell now Quark is mentioned by Shaquille O'neal (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/video-nba-superstar-shaquille-oneal-mentions-quark-840691) and has the highest market cap of the already added coins on Blocknet. It would be a nice addition
A question :

A bitcoin Xbridge wallet surprise launch would be the trick right now
legendary
A question :

Jump to: