Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 362. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Good news: Bter has now disabled selling on the BLOCK:BTC pairing.

legendary
This is just another clone of SC wallet,nothing new.

The wallet is indeed just a fork of some other coin. But that is irrelevant because the wallet only serves as a place to store the BLOCKs while the tech is being developed to exchange them for NHZ assets.

How is this irrelevant when the wallet is almost the only criteria if the ITO is successful or not. See:

Quote from: Bittrex
* Once the ICO is over we will verify there is working wallet, blockchain, and block explorer.

Block explorer is even easier to clone than a wallet, so this simple task of cloning some other wallet is what allows the funds of 0.3-1 million US$ to be spent or not. At least be honest about that it is relevant, when the dev team haven't troubled themselves to write the whitepaper what they want to develop. Pretty graphics with some marketing mambo-jumbo is far from optimal development starting point.

The wallet is *not* a criterion for the ITO's success.

How does an interim wallet have any bearing on the Blocknet's tech? It doesn't.

If you don't like what we offer, don't buy it. It's as simple as that. We've been very clear what we have and what we don't yet have.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Hi synechist you doing great job on this thread keep up the hard work.
I want to know once everyone get nhz asset for blocknet tokens
When can we expect steady monthly income based on blocknet tokens example let's say if I have 2500 blocknet
What can I expect in return if I keep holding it.

You'll get a monthly salary of $3000 to $4000 dollars a month, plus a free ticket to Disneyland.

Jimmy Zed
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
This is just another clone of SC wallet,nothing new.

The wallet is indeed just a fork of some other coin. But that is irrelevant because the wallet only serves as a place to store the BLOCKs while the tech is being developed to exchange them for NHZ assets.

How is this irrelevant when the wallet is almost the only criteria if the ITO is successful or not. See:

Quote from: Bittrex
* Once the ICO is over we will verify there is working wallet, blockchain, and block explorer.

Block explorer is even easier to clone than a wallet, so this simple task of cloning some other wallet is what allows the funds of 0.3-1 million US$ to be spent or not. At least be honest about that it is relevant, when the dev team haven't troubled themselves to write the whitepaper what they want to develop. Pretty graphics with some marketing mambo-jumbo is far from optimal development starting point.
legendary
When can we expect steady monthly income based on blocknet tokens example let's say if I have 2500 blocknet

Hey hey. Thanks. :-)

The plan is to redeem BLOCK for NHZ assets once the tech is ready to deliver fees to asset-holders.

If we do this, there shouldn't be any delay in receiving income.

However income might not be large initially, as this will depend on how popular coins' services are. I expect Blocknet services to become more popular as they mature.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
legendary
Great stuff. Really impressed with the BlockNet project.
Time will tell with this project. If the developments of XC reflects on this project, then I think there is a good chance of success.
I bought some BlockNet tokens last night to help round out my portfolio a bit.

Thanks!

We're pretty excited about this. When the Blocknet launches it will benefit both the participating coins and all of crypto.
legendary
Staking is necessary to secure the network. If we would't stake, you'd be bitching about how unsecure this POS coin is.
It's a compromise to sell the tokens and generate some money to further develop the technology. If you don't believe or rather invest when the product is ready.. just buy in Q2 2015. Risk is the name of the game pal

The POS interest will be canceled by in some form when the BLOCKS are being exchanged for NHZ assets.
I think that the smartest way to do this, is to make sure that everyone stakes (most secure) and that the moment of exchanging for NHZ assets will caclulate the total amount of BLOCKS available and set a conversion rate based on that.

Let's see what the team has in mind about this

Dan has told me that we will destroy an amount of BLOCK equivalent to however much is staked.

This will most likely be when BLOCK is redeemed for NHZ assets.

But, can't people simply just take the extra staked coins and start trading them on the open market? Seems like quite the can of worms...

How can you destroy them when they've been traded?

We will not destroy the stakes people get.

We'll destroy an amount equivalent to the stakes people get.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Staking is necessary to secure the network. If we would't stake, you'd be bitching about how unsecure this POS coin is.
It's a compromise to sell the tokens and generate some money to further develop the technology. If you don't believe or rather invest when the product is ready.. just buy in Q2 2015. Risk is the name of the game pal

The POS interest will be canceled by in some form when the BLOCKS are being exchanged for NHZ assets.
I think that the smartest way to do this, is to make sure that everyone stakes (most secure) and that the moment of exchanging for NHZ assets will caclulate the total amount of BLOCKS available and set a conversion rate based on that.

Let's see what the team has in mind about this

Dan has told me that we will destroy an amount of BLOCK equivalent to however much is staked.

This will most likely be when BLOCK is redeemed for NHZ assets.

But, can't people simply just take the extra staked coins and start trading them on the open market? Seems like quite the can of worms...

How can you destroy them when they've been traded?
Activity: 224
CryptocoinTools.com
Great stuff. Really impressed with the BlockNet project.
Time will tell with this project. If the developments of XC reflects on this project, then I think there is a good chance of success.
I bought some BlockNet tokens last night to help round out my portfolio a bit.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Massage from Bittrex:

RYAN HENTZ (Bittrex)

Oct 30 05:22

Hi,

The terms are clear on the blocknet ico that trading and withdraws
would not happen. The developer failed to properly make the terms with
the other exchanges. We must follow our terms.

Thank you,

Ryan

So Bittrex user could not stake  Cry
Activity: 238
Distribution List / Richlist

I have created a distribution list (Richlist) for Blocknet, Hope you guys like it.
Drop me a PM if you need anything.

http://www.richlist.eu/blocknet

Nice, when I get my coins from Bittrex I could be in the top 100  Smiley

Im in top 100 too. Smiley

Wow the top 10 spent an insane amount of BTC!
especially #3 and #4

There are some distribution (source) addresses in there too. It's still pretty impressive how much faith some of those top holders have.
All comes down to percentages of a portfolio off course. Either way, interesting times. I wonder how we look at these figures in a year or 2 years from now. How much BLOCK you need for a steady monthly income based on fee's of the Blocknet Cheesy
Can you explain synechist about how much block needed for steady monthly income??
Activity: 68
So the project needs 850 BTC to get all the features developed

It would be wise to leave all the remaining BTC to be held in escrow by the exchanges. These extra funds should be released only if the project would need more funding then the initial 850 BTC. If these funds are not needed exchanges might use em to support the price by putting up buywalls later. This will not allow the price to drop below ICO (who in the right mind would sell coins cheaper if there's a guarantee he/she will be able to sell em for ICO price)

Not to mention extra funds held in escrow would be an additional guarantee that dev is around and not abandoning the project

The entire amount, not just extra funds, will be escrowed and transparently spent.

Check out the document on the OP. Click on the contents page, download it, and go to the "Accountability measures" section.

I've red about it, but it isn't clear what person will be holding the funds? The entire dev team?
I would trust bittrex to hold the funds in escrow
SYScoin trusted MP to escrow 750BTC

It is a different story. It is not the software that is trusted but people who run it. Bittrex guys are known and trusted. They are not going to disappear with the funds
Activity: 163
Do you all now that you have to wait for months on some revenue from blocknet?

Jup Smiley happy with that
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Do you all now that you have to wait for months on some revenue from blocknet?
Activity: 978
Merit: 250

It would be wise to leave all the remaining BTC to be held in escrow by the exchanges. These extra funds should be released only if the project would need more funding then the initial 850 BTC. If these funds are not needed exchanges might use em to support the price by putting up buywalls later. This will not allow the price to drop below ICO (who in the right mind would sell coins cheaper if there's a guarantee he/she will be able to sell em for ICO price)

Not to mention extra funds held in escrow would be an additional guarantee that dev is around and not abandoning the project

The entire amount, not just extra funds, will be escrowed and transparently spent.

Check out the document on the OP. Click on the contents page, download it, and go to the "Accountability measures" section.

I've red about it, but it isn't clear what person will be holding the funds? The entire dev team?
SYScoin trusted MP to escrow 750BTC
Activity: 658
Does bittrex user get 10% discount?

no. it one only coin gateway. If you want discount block try an exchange with open trading.

that sucks
Activity: 68

Yes, we definitely won't leave the funds at Bittrex.

We'll announce the details of whatever escrow plan we go for asap.

The community will of course have opportunity to comment on our plan here, and maybe even improve on it.

why not let bittrex hodl the funds? These guys are the most trusted people in entire crypto scene

Personally I'd be happy with a multisig escrow deal with them. But as far as I know they don't do that. (I haven't been the person liaising with them directly though.)

Man, if there's going to be Bittrex involved in  the funds escrow I would most likely invest
As for now I'm undecided.. If the devs will receive all the funds and "escrow" em by themselves there's not going to be an incentive to further develop this awesome project
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

no. it one only coin gateway. If you want discount block try an exchange with open trading.
Activity: 658
Jump to: