Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 363. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
I've just been through the 208 BLOCK transactions on coingateway: https://coingateway.net/transactions.php

At the top of that page it states that the total number of transaction is 687 with a total value of 317.1729 BTC and that's for all transactions, not just BLOCK, going back to 02/08/14. The 2,000,000 BLOCK is worth 500 BTC.

The total BLOCK bought is showing as 1,327,039.93. As they hadn't paid the extra 10% with those transactions then that's a total of 1,459,743.92 meaning there's a difference of 540,256.08 not accounted for from the 2,000,000 they started with.

NHZ was sold on Polo and XCash did not make it to coin gateway in time so it's shares are probably still held back until that is ready.

Any answer to this?

If funds have been held back for XCash to be included then that would mean there would need to be about 2,250,000 XCash (135BTC) to fill the remaining 540,256.08 BLOCK. There are only 2,400,000 XCash in total.

Funds weren't held back for XCash.

The 20% funds allocated to alts were, however, split between the NHZ pairing on Polo and the other coins on CoinGateway.

We're working on the ITO figures and I hope to present them to you all pretty soon.

legendary
So the project needs 850 BTC to get all the features developed

It would be wise to leave all the remaining BTC to be held in escrow by the exchanges. These extra funds should be released only if the project would need more funding then the initial 850 BTC. If these funds are not needed exchanges might use em to support the price by putting up buywalls later. This will not allow the price to drop below ICO (who in the right mind would sell coins cheaper if there's a guarantee he/she will be able to sell em for ICO price)

Not to mention extra funds held in escrow would be an additional guarantee that dev is around and not abandoning the project

The entire amount, not just extra funds, will be escrowed and transparently spent.

Check out the document on the OP. Click on the contents page, download it, and go to the "Accountability measures" section.

I've red about it, but it isn't clear what person will be holding the funds? The entire dev team?
I would trust bittrex to hold the funds in escrow

Yes, we definitely won't leave the funds at Bittrex.

We'll announce the details of whatever escrow plan we go for asap.

The community will of course have opportunity to comment on our plan here, and maybe even improve on it.

why not let bittrex hodl the funds? These guys are the most trusted people in entire crypto scene

Personally I'd be happy with a multisig escrow deal with them. But as far as I know they don't do that. (I haven't been the person liaising with them directly though.)
bbr
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
I've just been through the 208 BLOCK transactions on coingateway: https://coingateway.net/transactions.php

At the top of that page it states that the total number of transaction is 687 with a total value of 317.1729 BTC and that's for all transactions, not just BLOCK, going back to 02/08/14. The 2,000,000 BLOCK is worth 500 BTC.

The total BLOCK bought is showing as 1,327,039.93. As they hadn't paid the extra 10% with those transactions then that's a total of 1,459,743.92 meaning there's a difference of 540,256.08 not accounted for from the 2,000,000 they started with.

NHZ was sold on Polo and XCash did not make it to coin gateway in time so it's shares are probably still held back until that is ready.

Any answer to this?

If funds have been held back for XCash to be included then that would mean there would need to be about 2,250,000 XCash (135BTC) to fill the remaining 540,256.08 BLOCK. There are only 2,400,000 XCash in total.
legendary
lol synechist...I invested in your project and you are deleting my posts?

Yes. Your complaint generated an uninformative and emotive spat between a number of people (including you).

I cleaned the thread of this as it was unhelpful and taxing to read.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Another day of cry baby whining.
Synechist, hang in there.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

It would be wise to leave all the remaining BTC to be held in escrow by the exchanges. These extra funds should be released only if the project would need more funding then the initial 850 BTC. If these funds are not needed exchanges might use em to support the price by putting up buywalls later. This will not allow the price to drop below ICO (who in the right mind would sell coins cheaper if there's a guarantee he/she will be able to sell em for ICO price)

Not to mention extra funds held in escrow would be an additional guarantee that dev is around and not abandoning the project

The entire amount, not just extra funds, will be escrowed and transparently spent.

Check out the document on the OP. Click on the contents page, download it, and go to the "Accountability measures" section.

I've red about it, but it isn't clear what person will be holding the funds? The entire dev team?

The community will of course have opportunity to comment on our plan here, and maybe even improve on it.

why not let bittrex hodl the funds? These guys are the most trusted people in entire crypto scene
Activity: 442
lol synechist...I invested in your project and you are deleting my posts?
legendary

legendary
Apologies to everyone whose comments were deleted as a result of Moonchaser's squabbling.

Let's just keep the thread free of this if possible. It's very taxing for readers to wade through.
legendary
@synechist

Please explain the relation between Blocks, Total stake weight and Network stake weight?

If you have in your wallet xxxx Blocks, how calculate the Total stake weight or Network stake weight?

Do it read this correct? After the ITO every Block have to change on NHZ Assets ?

Thanks

Stake weight and network weight are terms pertaining to how proof-of-stake works in general.

You can read up on PoS on Wikipedia. Alternatively a good explanation is given here: http://agroff.github.io/posv/

You'll redeem your BLOCK for NHZ assets when the Blocknet launches. This will be some time after the ITO. Read the OP.

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
thats how an ito should originally work. You buy in, wait out the ITO period, and only then get your bought shares. wtf is the problem with you lot?

Devs could have been more clear on this also.

Why was I able to withdraw from Polo? a glitch from the start, but a minor one. Relax and wait a year
of course..they fucked up big time..and people lost money. I support the project, but I'm not going to hide the fact that people lost money, including me, because of their ill prepared launch...period.

This was just Polo and allcoin being greedy raking in fees and padding their volume count instead of doing the right thing and disable trading like Bittrex.  Has nothing to do with the dev.

No one lost any money.  Just a lot of people taking advantage of the 10% discount.  Buying at 10% discount then dump just below ITO prices.  This was why a lot of people were bitching about their 10%.  

-tb-

Activity: 475
Merit: 251
@synechist

Please explain the relation between Blocks, Total stake weight and Network stake weight?

If you have in your wallet xxxx Blocks, how calculate the Total stake weight or Network stake weight?

Do it read this correct? After the ITO every Block have to change on NHZ Assets ?

Thanks

legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
thats how an ito should originally work. You buy in, wait out the ITO period, and only then get your bought shares. wtf is the problem with you lot?

Why was I able to withdraw from Polo? a glitch from the start, but a minor one. Relax and wait a year
of course..they fucked up big time..and people lost money. I support the project, but I'm not going to hide the fact that people lost money, including me, because of their ill prepared launch...period.

How have you lost money?

No funds have been lost. Nothing's gone amiss. What are you talking about?
Why do I have to repeat myself since its so obvious ? Its all over the forums. Is not just me.
By the time I got to buy from coingateway, I had already amassed sums of participating coins, the ones I support and others, in order to get the 10% discount and I only managed to buy a tinny part of block, before it was sold out. A very tinny part of the block was allocated to coingate.
The rest of the coins I had, dropped in value because of the same reason, people were dumping because they were not able to buy with them but only with btc.
You should have warned us several times in BIG BOLD LETTERS that only 20% of block is available for sale at coingateway, and more over,
ONLY a certain amount of block was assigned to each coin, depending on each coin market cap !!!
Second, even if you destroy the equal amount of the staked coins, my loooot of coins are hostages at trex, meaning I don't get to stake at all which equals lost.
I said people lost money in the process of buying block...not because they invested in block.

IMO it would be patronising of us to think that investors wouldn't do due diligence and *read the OP* before buying.

The information was supplied clearly, and in advance.

First come first serve. Don't blame us for not having done your homework.

I think I'm done discussing this now.

+1  Exactly.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

How have you lost money?

Why do I have to repeat myself since its so obvious ? Its all over the forums. Is not just me.
By the time I got to buy from coingateway, I had already amassed sums of participating coins, the ones I support and others, in order to get the 10% discount and I only managed to buy a tinny part of block, before it was sold out. A very tinny part of the block was allocated to coingate.
The rest of the coins I had, dropped in value because of the same reason, people were dumping because they were not able to buy with them but only with btc.
You should have warned us several times in BIG BOLD LETTERS that only 20% of block is available for sale at coingateway, and more over,
ONLY a certain amount of block was assigned to each coin, depending on each coin market cap !!!
Second, even if you destroy the equal amount of the staked coins, my loooot of coins are hostages at trex, meaning I don't get to stake at all which equals lost.
I said people lost money in the process of buying block...not because they invested in block.

You couldn't thoroughly read and understand the ITO rules that were published, how is that Blocknet's fault? 

I read it and understood the rules.  Why the need for hand holding and multiple statements in big bold letters when everything was already there in black and white?
legendary

How have you lost money?

IMO it would be patronising of us to think that investors wouldn't do due diligence and *read the OP* before buying.

The information was supplied clearly, and in advance.

First come first serve. Don't blame us for not having done your homework.

I think I'm done discussing this now.

Activity: 442

How have you lost money?

Activity: 140
ZEN

How have you lost money?

exactly.

who lost funds and how? i dont see it.
Jump to: