Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 47. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!
Do not forget Blockent and XC share same dev, meaning if blocknet explodes, so will XC.

if Blocknet explodes, it'll be because DEV managed to provide a usable soft, but why XC 'll explode? just because its 've the same DEV?! that's absurd, XC was supposed to be an anonymous currency, for now the only thing it offers is to be able to send an picture in the transaction. do you think people 'll buy XC to send encrypted pics?!

I lost a lot in XC, and I hope to be able to recover on Blocknet but to say that XC 'll succeed just because it has the same DEV as Blocknet!
XC is abandoned, it's sad but it's the reality, we must not give false hopes to people, let's look forward and hoping that Blocknet will succeed before a competitor erases it from the scene.

Hey, no fair! XC wasn't abandoned, Dan even stated that. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18992272

It's just that nothing has happened for 6 months, that's all! There's no need to be concerned!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
So rather than PM the devs they make a big public statement like that "look how great we are" 😂
I'm sure blocks devs have already found it

It’s public because it’s a bug that could potentially cause investors such as yourself to lose money. As a community, we felt responsible to let investors and developers know about the bug so developers can be proactive (instead of reactive) in addressing it. Like I mentioned, it is a simple bug.

Surely, if Blocknet was aware of a GUI bug that could cause an untold number of investors throughout various crypto projects to lose money, they would tell the community, or at least those projects it is likely to affect directly...

Bugs are commonplace here. Is it really that shocking or is it just my alarming header?
Activity: 776
Merit: 557
So rather than PM the devs they make a big public statement like that "look how great we are" 😂
I'm sure blocks devs have already found it
Activity: 371
Merit: 252
I'm sorry but I feel like I just got a pop up saying my computer may be infected. Where do I download your fix? Roll Eyes
Activity: 56

***  ALERT * WATCHONLY-GUI BUG * ALERT ***

Greetings, friends at Blocknet! As Komodo Platform has been working around the clock to fine-tune the multiple GUI's that are the face of our Agama multiwallet and BarterDEX atomic swap protocols, there have obviously been many bugs found and many debugged. However, one bug in particular was found not only in our Agama GUI wallet, but also in the zcash4mac GUI swing wallet. It is a simple bug, but it warrants your attention. This is a potential money cost bug.

Blocknet (BLOCK) - As a Bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrency, your GUI wallet(s) may be susceptible to this bug.

ISSUE: 'watchonly' addresses appearing as your own in GUI wallet; users could potentially send funds to the address, unaware it is not theirs or available for withdrawal.  You can import and it becomes a 'watchonly' address. The GUI will display the address as yours, add its funds to your balance, and accept deposits, but cannot be withdrawn. This could be a normal address, my address, a p2sh address, satoshi's address, etc. This can be confusing to an end-user and will lead to many headaches for the developer, as is always the case with misplaced funds.

FOUND: in Komodo Platform's Agama multiwallet (fixed) and zcash4mac GUI swing wallet (@jl777b: "newest QT wallet seems ok about watch only, but not sure of older and when it was fixed")

ex. @grewalsatinder found the bug in his zcash swing wallet: https://i.imgur.com/sVd0QTL.png

Quote from: jl777B
"satinder used zcash4mac, ie. the zcash osx GUI, not ours... the assumption is no GUI out there properly handles watch only addresses, until proven that they do... agama also had this bug, which we found and fixed, so it seems a very common bug to have"

SOLUTION: For the 'watchonly' address or any address not yours, the value 'ismine' returns false. Any such address gets filtered out.

QUESTIONS:
  • How does your recommended GUI deal with watchonly addresses?
  • Does your GUI display watchonly addresses as different than actual addresses in the wallet?

We need to experiment a bit to see which approach gets a better response triggering the bug. People WILL lose money if they send funds to a watchonly address.

Quote from: jl777B
"the t3 addresses in the 'Own Addresses' column! and they absolutely cant be as they are p2sh addresses. it is clear proof that the bug is very real and anybody that understands a p2sh address will understand it cant be something in your wallet. it is usually a multisig address, so only if it is a 1of1 multisig (possible but very silly) can you have a p2sh address that is spendable, but the wallet wont even know it... normal addresses can also be watchonly, which makes this even worse. in that case it would appear in the list of addresses just like all the others. even if you are able to spot p2sh addresses visually, it wont be enough"

I've been tasked with spreading awareness and facilitating discussion of this bug, so please let me know if you have any questions. I'll get you some answers and we can minimize the impact. We wanted to reach out directly to the developers of the 60+ coins featured on Agama and BarterDEX as the bug may have a direct impact on you (via your own GUI wallet).

- Jay
Activity: 686
Merit: 266
Do not forget Blockent and XC share same dev, meaning if blocknet explodes, so will XC.

if Blocknet explodes, it'll be because DEV managed to provide a usable soft, but why XC 'll explode? just because its 've the same DEV?! that's absurd, XC was supposed to be an anonymous currency, for now the only thing it offers is to be able to send an picture in the transaction. do you think people 'll buy XC to send encrypted pics?!

I lost a lot in XC, and I hope to be able to recover on Blocknet but to say that XC 'll succeed just because it has the same DEV as Blocknet!
XC is abandoned, it's sad but it's the reality, we must not give false hopes to people, let's look forward and hoping that Blocknet will succeed before a competitor erases it from the scene.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
Activity: 122
Wish i had another 6 btc, I will get another 5000 blocknet
Activity: 119
Are we saying the new UI and lite version is possibly out this month?

Also It is very strange that only 25k -35k is even left for sale? that is 5 to 7 masternodes?

Is this right I mean people are holding on to this tight. The order books on the sale side are  tiny.

It would be nicer to get more frequent updates  but then again if it really comes out fully functional looking as good as those pics and with the light version too it will be a nice big shock to crypto.

Supposedly, we should see "something".   The team is working hard on it supposedly and usually with Blocknet, a long quiet time means something big is happening.    People are running nodes and staking like crazy because the community are such hodlers.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Are we saying the new UI and lite version is possibly out this month?

Also It is very strange that only 25k -35k is even left for sale? that is 5 to 7 masternodes?

Is this right I mean people are holding on to this tight. The order books on the sale side are  tiny.

It would be nicer to get more frequent updates  but then again if it really comes out fully functional looking as good as those pics and with the light version too it will be a nice big shock to crypto.

Activity: 141
Merit: 116
if not already posted, here is an impressive list of coins on blocknet exchange, many tested and working...

https://block-node.info/index.php

Any ETA of SAFEX being introduced as one of Blocknet trading currency pair ?
Considering this...

it may be well worth the effort to bring it in ASAP.

Activity: 371
Merit: 252
Amazing, there's only 37K Block up for sale on Bittrex. I remember when it was over 150K not too long ago. Who's going pick up those last 7 nodes?
Activity: 756
Merit: 269
The Trouble with Centralized Exchanges…

As the Cryptocurrency environment matures, the inherent problems with centralized exchanges present themselves on an almost daily basis and highlight why the need for decentralized exchanges is now more urgent than ever
https://twitter.com/The_Blocknet/status/940535912731172864
Activity: 14
Is there any release date (or range) for the DEX yet?
Technically the DEX is already released, if you're talking about the UI then they said it is likely it will be released this month however not guaranteed
Activity: 294
Activity: 55
Is there any release date (or range) for the DEX yet?
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
truxton, thanks for the clear explanation.
Activity: 771
Merit: 521
Regarding fees, I am cross-posting this from our RocketChat as it is useful information for the wider community.

Yes you’ll be able to choose your confirmations.
There seems to be a lot of talk about network fees being expensive/etc and this is very misleading as it really only applies to BTC and is a flat fee no matter the amount of BTC you’re trading. For example Litecoin: you can get into the next block paying a miniscule $0.01 mining fee... and I believe that is the 2nd most expensive.

The real value here too is not having to sell to Bitcoin, then selling that Bitcoin for an alt - you’ll experience trading fees + slippage premiums in the book - and this gets increasingly more expensive if you have to deposit/withdraw from exchanges. Also, when transferring from exchange to exchange to chase alts not supported on 1 exchange but supported on the other, you’re relying on the speed of the exchange to process your withdraw itself and paying a high enough mining fee to get you into the next block all while being charged a withdrawal fee at the same time... then you’re waiting on confirmations from the receiving exchange to process.

Lastly - our DX gives you total control of your security, and that’s something many traders are willing to pay for. All in all though the whole expensive part of it only applies to BTC trading (for now - like basedgod pointed out). Another benefit is not having to worry about exchange withdrawal limits without giving copies of your identity to exchanges who frequently get compromised along with your personal info.

In addition to the above as it also applies: Bittrex charges you both directions, so moving from DGB to BTC costs you 0.25%, then BTC to LTC costs you 0.25% again. On the DX, it’s _one_ charge. So the DX is actually *less expensive* on large orders.
Activity: 47
yes, all ERC20 tokens will be available on blocknet with an integration of Ox protocol
Activity: 46
if not already posted, here is an impressive list of coins on blocknet exchange, many tested and working...

https://block-node.info/index.php

I assume the 'not compatable' Ethereum tokens are just a tempory matter. As I thought ERC 20 tokens were in the roadmap.
Pages:
Jump to: