Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 44. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
BridgeCoin has now passed Blocknet in market cap. Is anyone else also concerned about the future of Blocknet with a project like BridgeCoin out there?

What I don't understand is... Cryptobridge is telling me to send my BTC to some address...

Blocknet won't ask you to send your coins anywhere.   It will allow you to trade out of your own bitcoin wallet.   That's the whole point of decentralization.

Nice and subtle way for you to try to shill your coin though.
No shill here, just regretting not buying Cryptobridge a few weeks ago when it was sub-$1. It looks like a real threat to the future success of Blocknet

lol not sure if serious~?

blocknet when they get it fully released will be a genuine top 10 project.

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
BridgeCoin has now passed Blocknet in market cap. Is anyone else also concerned about the future of Blocknet with a project like BridgeCoin out there?

What I don't understand is... Cryptobridge is telling me to send my BTC to some address...

Blocknet won't ask you to send your coins anywhere.   It will allow you to trade out of your own bitcoin wallet.   That's the whole point of decentralization.

No shill here, just regretting not buying Cryptobridge a few weeks ago when it was sub-$1. It looks like a real threat to the future success of Blocknet
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

Activity: 10
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
I've heard they are introducing decentralize exchange by the end of Jan 2018, anyone have more specific information please let me know...
If that becomes true, price of BLOCK would be double at least, right??

The beta UI is supposedly coming mid to end of Jan, 2018.  That's correct.  Nobody can predict price of Blocknet... BUT... the marketcap of Blocknet now is under 200 mil... You do the math. Smiley

The dex already works. They are just working on the user interface to make it easier for the average persom
I've heard they are introducing decentralize exchange by the end of Jan 2018, anyone have more specific information please let me know...

The beta UI is supposedly coming mid to end of Jan, 2018.  That's correct.  Nobody can predict price of Blocknet... BUT... the marketcap of Blocknet now is under 200 mil... You do the math. Smiley
Activity: 190
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
xcurrency XC still have some value/use in this project or overall?
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Yeah there are lots of heavy buys just today. Whales entering again or someone knows something...maybe it will be added to another major exchange soon?

Maybe, just many people are buying BLOCK just to get their node and stake it. Getting a lot of value from staking at the moment
A good project cannot be flying under the radar for this long. Wink  It's going to be discovered.  This is just a preview of what fomo for block will be like when the UI is released in Jan.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Yeah there are lots of heavy buys just today. Whales entering again or someone knows something...maybe it will be added to another major exchange soon?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Blocknet just hit $56.00!  Previous ATH was $43.00.  Almost everything else is in the red.  Woohoo!

2018 will be the year of interoperability. I suspect decentralized exchanges will need to use some form of this technology. Actually many blockchain technologies have a dependancy on some kind of interoperability protocol. If I could scrape up some money then I would put it in these projects asap  Grin Grin
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
Blocknet just hit $56.00!  Previous ATH was $43.00.  Almost everything else is in the red.  Woohoo!

Activity: 771
Merit: 521
They recognise that Decentralized exchanges are the way forward and want to be proactive which is obviously good business sense.
Who is to say that in 5 - 10 years, DX may overtake centralized exchanges?
It makes sense to prepare for this eventuality and is prudent to do so. Nobody wants to be left behind.
They spotted Blocknet is the MOST decentralized option that exists right now. (Indeed, it is the ONLY truly decentralized option)   
It will be mutually beneficial for both projects.  And remember, Blocknet is a protocol. The DX is only the first thing built on that protocol.

This is what they say about it:

Phase 2 of our roadmap focuses on the implementation of the Hybrid Decentralised Exchange Model, designed to accelerate the development of trustless exchanges.

As the field of on-chain exchange matures and new exchange protocols materialise, Ethfinex hopes to act as a zone for experimentation and innovation, accelerating industry-wide learning and facilitating the development of optimal exchange protocols.

Ethfinex will distribute APIs and open-source smart contract tools through which to integrate & interface with other projects and exchange protocols throughout the Ethereum ecosystem. Planned integrations currently include the likes of Melonport, 0x, Blocknet and more.

https://blog.ethfinex.com/the-ethfinex-roadmap-7c7cd82c835c
Activity: 133
Merit: 101
Res Et Non Verbum
1. Yeah, but I guess in general, some exchanges might be afraid of Blocknet because it might take away market share from trading volume (I think many suspect this is why Poloniex delisted Blocknet?).

Exactly, It seems like a LOSE-WIN situation (BFX loses, Blocknet wins). Why would they be interested in doing business with us? what are their gains? Still don't understand why a centralized exchange would be involved! what are their moto / interest? Please explain me what I'm missing. What do we have that they're so interested and cannot get / achieve themselves ?

Unless, Blocknet is a secret project of BFX for gaining intel and by occupying a necessity the whole crypto-ecosystem is looking for...
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Hi, I'm eager to get involved in the community by running a masternode. This is a great opportunity for getting a good deal per BLOCK ($34 / .0021).  Grin

I have some questions:

1- Why would Bitfiniex / Ethfinex associate with a decentralized exchange? are you considered a threat for them? (i mean competition). What does prevent BFX to not cancel the deal / partnership? (end of business relationship). what if then for some cause (regulation) you cannot do business with BFX? did you consider other alternatives?

2- According to the following graph obtained from a website dedicated to masternodes. Who can explain the reasons of those pits / shutdowns of several MN's? why is this happening and how can be prevented?

Code:
https://imgur.com/a/rGu2Y

3- Does the protocol support withdrawals to native segwit addresses? what kind of wallets / cold storage are you using for securing the assets on a decentralized ecosystem? I'm I going to be able to stack other PoS coins (like NAV) on your exchange? and the most important one: Do I own my private keys? if not who does?

cheers

1. Why wouldn't they? Blocknet is likely to gain a lot of volume, since it will support ETH tokens and most other currencies unlike Ethfinex. By allowing blocknet access to their order book they have a chance to significantly increase their liquidity. I don't think anything prevents bitfinex calling off the deal but I don't see why it would be in their interest to. Blocknet has partnerships with other people besides BFX and they're actively looking for other projects to integrate with.

2. It could be a misreading, but it is most likely some whale had to turn off their nodes for some reason, it seems they came back on anyways.

3. With Blocknet you don't deposit your coins anywhere. They stay in your wallet and until the exact moment you trade, they are in your full control. This means you can stake, you have your private keys etc. At the moment you have to download full wallets in order to trade but SPV is on the way so you won't have to download the full blockchain. I don't think you will be able to use cold storage(since doesn't cold storage have to stay offline?).

1. Yeah, but I guess in general, some exchanges might be afraid of Blocknet because it might take away market share from trading volume (I think many suspect this is why Poloniex delisted Blocknet?).

2. I noticed this too, I think whales might just be moving or consolidating coins in their nodes.

3. Yeah, you can't use cold wallet unless you import the private key into a connected desktop wallet (which then defeats the purpose of it being cold storage). But I believe it is theoretically possible to use a hardware wallet e.g you just need to physically confirm the trades, just as you would when sending coins.
Activity: 14
Hi, I'm eager to get involved in the community by running a masternode. This is a great opportunity for getting a good deal per BLOCK ($34 / .0021).  Grin

I have some questions:

1- Why would Bitfiniex / Ethfinex associate with a decentralized exchange? are you considered a threat for them? (i mean competition). What does prevent BFX to not cancel the deal / partnership? (end of business relationship). what if then for some cause (regulation) you cannot do business with BFX? did you consider other alternatives?

2- According to the following graph obtained from a website dedicated to masternodes. Who can explain the reasons of those pits / shutdowns of several MN's? why is this happening and how can be prevented?

Code:

3- Does the protocol support withdrawals to native segwit addresses? what kind of wallets / cold storage are you using for securing the assets on a decentralized ecosystem? I'm I going to be able to stack other PoS coins (like NAV) on your exchange? and the most important one: Do I own my private keys? if not who does?

cheers

1. Why wouldn't they? Blocknet is likely to gain a lot of volume, since it will support ETH tokens and most other currencies unlike Ethfinex. By allowing blocknet access to their order book they have a chance to significantly increase their liquidity. I don't think anything prevents bitfinex calling off the deal but I don't see why it would be in their interest to. Blocknet has partnerships with other people besides BFX and they're actively looking for other projects to integrate with.

2. It could be a misreading, but it is most likely some whale had to turn off their nodes for some reason, it seems they came back on anyways.

3. With Blocknet you don't deposit your coins anywhere. They stay in your wallet and until the exact moment you trade, they are in your full control. This means you can stake, you have your private keys etc. At the moment you have to download full wallets in order to trade but SPV is on the way so you won't have to download the full blockchain. I don't think you will be able to use cold storage(since doesn't cold storage have to stay offline?).
Activity: 133
Merit: 101
Res Et Non Verbum

I have some questions:

Code:

cheers

Pages:
Jump to: