Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 48. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
if not already posted, here is an impressive list of coins on blocknet exchange, many tested and working...

https://block-node.info/index.php
Activity: 240
Merit: 101
Is it risky to hold coins and stake with the same pc than running a service-node, should i use different machines for both tasks ??

You need a separate IP address to run a service node. Keep coins on your local machine and run the node on a cheap vps.

If just staking you have to use your wallet with the coins.

Yeah, it is the public IP and fully unlocking the wallet that makes it more dangerous to stake with Snode server i guess. Interestingly staking with Snode server was proposed in the setup instructions  Grin
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Is it risky to hold coins and stake with the same pc than running a service-node, should i use different machines for both tasks ??

You need a separate IP address to run a service node. Keep coins on your local machine and run the node on a cheap vps.

If just staking you have to use your wallet with the coins.
Activity: 240
Merit: 101
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
Have you considered that to prevent network congestion to have users look at the mempool either in the client or online and recommend a certain # of trades per day? I would do that considering that you could get unexpected volume. Also I'm sure you are considering other trading pairs besides Bitcoin?! Since congestion can actually cause an atomic trade to fail by overstepping the time limit set by each side of the trade causing loss for one of the parties. I'm sure you are setting your time limits to very long like a few weeks just in case. But still it's good practice to avoid users getting stuck. Also for Bitcoin you might want to calculate based on websites online since fees have been skyrocketing lately.

Hope all is well... just a thought! Still rooting for ya.
im going to re-post this from 86b in slack, think it really highlights some major advantages of blocknet:

"You’ll be able to choose your confirmations.  There seems to be a lot of talk about network fees being expensive/etc and this is very misleading as it really only applies to BTC and is a flat fee no matter the amount of BTC you’re trading.  For example Litecoin:  you can get into the next block paying a miniscule $0.01 mining fee... and I believe that is the 2nd most expensive.

The real value here too is not having to sell to Bitcoin, then selling that Bitcoin for an alt - you’ll experience trading fees + slippage premiums in the book - and this gets increasingly more expensive if you have to deposit/withdraw from exchanges.  Also, when transferring from exchange to exchange to chase alts not supported on 1 exchange but supported on the other, you’re relying on the speed of the exchange to process your withdraw itself and paying a high enough mining fee to get you into the next block all while being charged a withdrawal fee at the same time... then you’re waiting on confirmations from the receiving exchange to process.

Lastly - our DX gives you total control of your security, and that’s something many traders are willing to pay for.  All in all though the whole expensive part of it only applies to BTC trading (for now - like basedgod pointed out).  Another benefit is not having to worry about exchange withdrawal limits without giving copies of your identity to exchanges who frequently get compromised along with your personal info."
Nice graphics. Access to bitfinex order books is huge.  owning a blocknet service node is going to be one of the most golden things in all of crypto.... some newly minted whale will go in and snap up the thin amount of block still on the market no doubt soon !
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Hy, can you post a Slack Invite link that work?

Thank you

We moved to Rocket Chat:

https://webapp.blocknet.co
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
A writeup on our upcoming decentralized exchange

Activity: 151
Hy, can you post a Slack Invite link that work?

Thank you
Activity: 771
Merit: 521
Hello, is there any guide to install the wallet on Linux? I can't seem to find one on the website and I'm having a rough time trying to install the wallet. Any help would be appreciated.

Please join the wallet support channel here and someone will help you out.  https://rocket.blocknet.co:8443/home
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Can someone tell me how this project is "feeling" now?

Is someone using their decentralised exchange?
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Hello, is there any guide to install the wallet on Linux? I can't seem to find one on the website and I'm having a rough time trying to install the wallet. Any help would be appreciated.

What type of trouble are you having?   
all we need is a little bit of marketing.....

Does this project have a marketing fund as such?

What sort of marketing do you think would benefit it once the exchange and mobile apps are released?

Yes it does. Part of the voted funds. Once the UI comes out. Marketing will happen. No point marketing without substance. Patience. Long hold. Once transactions start to share with the stakers blocknet will continue to rise.
Activity: 75
Merit: 2
Activity: 1008
Merit: 253
Has a UI date been projected at all? Havent been around in a while, just curious

It seems they are fixing some bugs there hopefully we will hear good news about this upcoming product. Dev can you post the status of progress of UI I also waiting for this release.
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
HigH coin Symbol HIGH coingecko or stocks.exchange
Truxton you should look into the Bolenum project ! BLN on coinexchange.com

Before they launch there exchange.

There is a very small supply left that will be split between both exchanges.

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
all we need is a little bit of marketing.....

Does this project have a marketing fund as such?

What sort of marketing do you think would benefit it once the exchange and mobile apps are released?
although this is apparently crashing into oblivion there are only 8 service nodes worth left for sale on bittrex in total?

is this correct?

seems a tiny % of the minting for sale.

Best time to buy something when it is low and everyone hates it. I'm btc terms this is very low. Buying opportunity.

The UI will probably come out q1. Supposed to be this month I think but who knows
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
blocknet fans

come and vote here

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-only-alts-that-are-real-projects-here-current-july-2018-poll-2479595

also if you can keep discussion going on this thread it will benefit this project because it is one of a handful of REAL projects as defined by the OP in that thread.

Keeping this attention to real projects will obviously filter the field of view of new persons looking for REAL projects among the masses of dreams and talk promises and fantasies that other projects are providing.

so post on that thread when and often as you can
Pages:
Jump to: