Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 64. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
Im looking to set up some nodes and read the guide and have some questions. I have a old computer which I used before to store my wallets that I would like to use to run the service nodes. But if I opened like 3/4 wallets at the same time on that pc it became very slow. If I understand correctly you have to download all the blockchains of the coins you want to be able to recieve fee from right? So if I want to support all coins or a majority should I buy a new pc with higher specs I think? What specs would be needed?

Secondly I read that a node is more profitable to run then just staking (if you have over 5000 coins) so the service nodes must get a larger % of the blockreward then I think since trading fee's would still be very low of any at the moment? So if trading on the dx would have more volume then more fee plus a % of the blockreward would be distributed amongst the service nodes that would excist in the future?
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Can someone confirm if the Blocknet token are just used to run a masternode ?

How about the collected "tiny" trading fees? How much is it and who earns them ? The community of masternodes ?
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Being able to generate a huge profit and limiting the number of possible nodes is not a good thing.  It just encourages the few people that were able to get nodes early to sell off their earnings from the node.  It's just going to be constant sell pressure that drives the price down.   

Really have you seen dash?

Blocknet had an actual use which will just be epic.
Activity: 602
Completely new to Blocknet, great stuff!
Especially when centralized exchanges are under pressure.

Still have to understand the dynamics of the token. Will study.
Activity: 322
Heres the numbers on node profitability as of this morning, pretty crazy stuff.

Very cool. Block is twice as profitable to ruin a node than Dash at half the cost. I don't expect that to last.

If I only had an extra 125k to buy a masternode. This would make some great passive income but the profits are considered at todays rates, if you held the reward it would be worth even more in the future. I get rewards from a partial masternode when dash was only 10$, .1 dash was only worth 1$ and now it's worth 35$. So the rewards in blocknet will be even more in a year
Activity: 771
Merit: 521
Click to play!

Demo of NEW Blocknet Wallet with Built-in Decentralized Exchange! Video showing and describing how MONA was traded for LTC on the Blocknet's Decentralized Exchange built into the new BlocknetDX wallet.

Activity: 134
Merit: 10
Shitcoin Bliss
what are the most popular trading pairs on the DX
Activity: 1328
Merit: 563
MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice
well im liking this project!
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Being able to generate a huge profit and limiting the number of possible nodes is not a good thing.  It just encourages the few people that were able to get nodes early to sell off their earnings from the node.  It's just going to be constant sell pressure that drives the price down.   
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Is there some kind of tutorial of how to make a trade using the blocknet?
Activity: 138
Merit: 14

Well, you should join Blocknet Slack for further advice on this, but two points immediately jump to mind:

1. It does take a while in general to sync the chain in a new wallet, and transactions and associated tokens in the wallet start appearing in temporal order as it syncs.  Couldn't tell for sure if you actually waited to see what happened when you were completely sync'd, but since you are in the new chain which is still now only a few days old then that shouldn't take very long, so I doubt that's your problem (but just thought I should mention it anyway).

2. Reading between the lines, it appears that you do not realize that the directory where you have your exe files is not the target data directory for your wallet, so a wallet.dat file placed there will not be used by the wallet software - most likely this is your problem.  The target directory will be by default inside your system user AppData folder if you are in Windows OS.  When starting up on a new computer you can let the wallet create a target directory upon first startup (it will prompt you for a path, or you can just let it go to AppData by default).  Then shut down the wallet, go to that newly created wallet data directory and either overwrite just the wallet.dat file, or you can also overwrite the entire target directory with one copied from your previous machine.  If you only use the wallet.dat, then the chain will have to download and sync again.  If you use the whole directory then the blockchain data from previously sync'd wallet is retained and your new installation will sync much faster.  (You could also copy in your whole directory before even starting the wallet for the first time, and then just target its path if not in the default path when you start the wallet up.)

Hope that helps.  

PS:  if you are not that technical, then you may also not know how to find the AppData directory because it is often hidden in Windows. If you go in Explorer to your user directory, and then type \AppData after your name in the path bar, then that directory should appear.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. Your first comment is probably not the issue, but quite possibly my problem may have something to do with the second comment you made.

The four .exe files and the wallet.data file are in a directory I completely made up. I dragged the wallet.dat file ( from computer 1 now in computer 2) to the Roaming folder in computer 2, and deleted the existing wallet.dat file that was there. But on wallet re-start, I see a new wallet.dat file pop into existence amongst the other files, so there are now 2 wallet.dat files. (When I say "other files" I am talking under BlocknetDX --> Roaming. There are 5 folders there [Backup, Blocks, Chainstate, Database, Log] and around 10 different .dat, .conf, and .log individual files).

But no matter what I do with the wallet.dat file from computer 1, the transactions do not show up on computer 2. In addition, the encryption I put in the wallet in computer 1 doesn't transfer to the wallet in computer 2, and it asks me for a new phrase or password instead of asking for the password I put in computer 1 (I guess maybe it's also part of the wallet.dat file?). Something seems to be lost in translation between computer 1, Dropbox, and computer 2.

If you think you see anything from what I've written, please let me know, otherwise I'll go to slack per recommendation. Thanks.

Edit: One more thing. I checked the db.log file, and the following is written

wallet.dat: unable to flush: No such file or directory
wallet.dat: No such file or directory
wallet.dat: unable to flush: No such file or directory

Cool

Wow very impressive profit.

Is there a step by step guide on how to set up a node?

Do I need to download DEX participant coins` wallets to set up a node?

Snode Setup Guide:
https://github.com/BlocknetDX/blocknet-docs/blob/master/blocknetDXservice-node.md

Do I need to download DEX participating coins wallets to run a service node? If yes, at least how many coins` wallets?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Breaking: Bitcoin Cash orders successfully placed on the Blocknet decentralized exchange!

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Hi all

Here's an update on last week's funding vote by the community:

The proposal as per https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ijOongxJRSj5jEbuLahQN5McGVLyJ9dtYWJYaaWi5q0/edit?usp=sharing was approved by the community by an overwhelming majority.

Here's to the future, where we'll use our new governance system, a demonstrably transparent and fair way to guide the development of the Blocknet!

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

Cool

Snode Setup Guide:
https://github.com/BlocknetDX/blocknet-docs/blob/master/blocknetDXservice-node.md
Activity: 371
Merit: 252

Very cool. Block is twice as profitable to ruin a node than Dash at half the cost. I don't expect that to last.
Activity: 490
Is it safe to assume that once ETH tokens are supported all ICOs will be supported?
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
Will ETH tokens be supported?

According to the update on slack that is planned and this is under process. Stay tuned soon we will hear good news about this testing when it will be ready this will be game changer moment.
Activity: 490
Will ETH tokens be supported?

Cool

Pages:
Jump to: