Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 66. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 553
It's up right now, happy hunting.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
Any word when Bittrex wallets will be back up?

In my experience Trex is usually pretty conservative on these things, so I wouldn't hold my breath.  I'm sure soon, but honestly given the current market volatility paired with the functionality of the new Block DEX and what the impact that may have I'm guessing we may be looking at days rather than hours.  (Thinking back to my experience with the ZCL/ZEN split).
Activity: 138
Merit: 14
Any word when Bittrex wallets will be back up?
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
Looking at Coinmarket cap chart, BLOCKNET is just about to hit it's next wave up. Draw a line from all the last few buy support lows. Looks like we just hit the bottom on the next wave up. Get cheap coins while you can! I'm not a master at reading charts, but the pattern is very clear.

Looks clear to me as well. But in regards to the recent news, the whole Alt-market is a bit challenged.

I sold at 0.055 and reinforced at 0.00475. Got lucky today bc the coin is already at 0.005 and moving up
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Looking at Coinmarket cap chart, BLOCKNET is just about to hit it's next wave up. Draw a line from all the last few buy support lows. Looks like we just hit the bottom on the next wave up. Get cheap coins while you can! I'm not a master at reading charts, but the pattern is very clear.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
how to start linux version? i downloaded archieve and whatever file i try to start i get an error message that says "cant open: binaryfiles corrupted"

a readme would be nice
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Is it actual possible to open a XCurrency wallet.dat in this Blocknet version, or do we still have to wait?

Greetz
Activity: 29
How do we make staking active on the new wallet?

Encrypt the wallet first. After it closes open it again, go to settings→unlock wallet. Unlock it with the passphrase you used for the encryption. Staking should activate automatically (you can check by hovering your mouse cursor over the arrow icon in the bottom right corner. It should also turn green when staking activates).

WARNING! The current version of the wallet will completely unlock by default when you use your password to unlock it.  Please be sure to check the "Unlock for staking and anonymization only" checkbox in the unlock popup dialog window before unlocking.
Activity: 276
Merit: 250

Encrypt the wallet first. After it closes open it again, go to settings→unlock wallet. Unlock it with the passphrase you used for the encryption. Staking should activate automatically (you can check by hovering your mouse cursor over the arrow icon in the bottom right corner. It should also turn green when staking activates).

did that, icon is still greyed out

funds need at least 60 confirmations before they stake

if that doesnt work out:
Tools > Open Wallet Configuration File > staking=1 > close > restart wallet and unlock it for staking again

a lot of documentation about BLOCKNET is found here:
https://github.com/BlocknetDX/blocknet-docs
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

did that, icon is still greyed out
Activity: 490
I think a more noticeable warning advising users to backup their wallet.dat before update would help users avoid those problems.
Activity: 276

If you fuck any of this up so long as you have copies of your old blocknet wallet.dat file are you 100% safe?

as long as you have copies of your OLD private keys (for example old wallet.dat) you are 100% safe
they did a complete snapshot of the old chain and added it to the new chain
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
So just to get this straight before i try this out i will put the new parts Im not sure about in RED

Steps for migrating from old chain to new chain

backup your wallet.dat before you doing anything (make 2 separate copies)
    unlock wallet from the UI (fully unlocked, not just for staking)
    Use the debug console and type dumpwallet filename.txt (replace "filename.txt" with a name of your choice). The file will be located in the directory you launched the wallet from

Download New Wallet

launch wallet
    in debug console importwallet filename.txt replace filename.txt with that you used with the dumpwallet command (so you copy that filename.txt to the new folder from which you are launching the new blocknet wallet)?
    verify addresses (what is this?)
    via debug console type listreceivedbyaddress 0 true

When to move your wallet.dat and start using the new wallet (when you move you old wallet.dat to the new blocknet directory in app data?)

it is not important when you download the new wallet, sync up, and move your wallet.dat to its directory.
    however, your new wallet's balance will remain zero until the migration on 1 September.
    a snapshot will be taken on 1 September, after the final block on the old chain. The first block to be created after 08:00 PDT (15:00 UTC) shall be the final block.
    once the snapshot is applied to the new chain, your balance will reflect in the new wallet
    you can expect (centralized) exchanges to re-enable trading once they have confirmed that the new chain is functioning as expected.

Funds will arrive on Sept 1

If you fuck any of this up so long as you have copies of your old blocknet wallet.dat file are you 100% safe?

I am just replacing a new wallet.dat with my old wallet.dat and everything is Ok.)) Even have received my first stake in a new chain.))
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
So just to get this straight before i try this out i will put the new parts Im not sure about in RED

Steps for migrating from old chain to new chain

backup your wallet.dat before you doing anything (make 2 separate copies)
    unlock wallet from the UI (fully unlocked, not just for staking)
    Use the debug console and type dumpwallet filename.txt (replace "filename.txt" with a name of your choice). The file will be located in the directory you launched the wallet from

Download New Wallet

launch wallet
    in debug console importwallet filename.txt replace filename.txt with that you used with the dumpwallet command (so you copy that filename.txt to the new folder from which you are launching the new blocknet wallet)?
    verify addresses (what is this?)
    via debug console type listreceivedbyaddress 0 true

When to move your wallet.dat and start using the new wallet (when you move you old wallet.dat to the new blocknet directory in app data?)

it is not important when you download the new wallet, sync up, and move your wallet.dat to its directory.
    however, your new wallet's balance will remain zero until the migration on 1 September.
    a snapshot will be taken on 1 September, after the final block on the old chain. The first block to be created after 08:00 PDT (15:00 UTC) shall be the final block.
    once the snapshot is applied to the new chain, your balance will reflect in the new wallet
    you can expect (centralized) exchanges to re-enable trading once they have confirmed that the new chain is functioning as expected.

Funds will arrive on Sept 1

Activity: 16

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
Current list is: BAY BTC BLK BLOCK DASH DGB DOGE DYN PIVX LTC MUE NMC SYS VTC VIA BRK BRX ETH NLG QTUM DCR POT PPC

Videos of various trading pairs on the test net: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCDBoR9fHb21bLH7FGvFrQg
So 23 coins so far?

Those are just the tested ones.   Most coins that support BIP65 and JSON-RPC should work.

Ethereum and ERC20 tokens will work in conjunction with the 0x protocol (as well as Ethfinex in the near future)

Do you know if Zcash, Momero and Lisk will be on DEX?

And do not forget about Horizon(HZ) implementing. I remember that was planned in early Blocknet.
Activity: 1037
Merit: 253
Ah shit, i just sold my block a week ago.  Cry Cry learn to fucking hold. dammit man

Buy now Wink

0.01 will be soon
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
Ah shit, i just sold my block a week ago.  Cry Cry learn to fucking hold. dammit man

Buy now Wink
Activity: 727
Merit: 501
You can already stake!
Any ETA for the staking function in a new BlocknetDX wallet?
I have already found my first block today at 4 am UTC Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: