Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 69. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
@landwind: this occurs at the dumpwallet command?

Did you already save your private key?
Activity: 147
I get this Sad. Got  OSX wallet

Cannot open wallet dump file (code -8)

Does someone have the Same issue?
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
How big of a gamble do you think it is to buy Block now? At $30. I try not to buy tops these days. Seems to me there is a pretty good chance of it dropping back down. I dunno, maybe to .005 / $23?

Congrats to devs and others who got in early!

That will be me someday!  Cheesy

That would depend on your ability to hold long term. Once we get into the weekend, if the price is still over $20, that's means we've established a new level of support in the $20-30 level.  I actually believe we will continue to see slow growth over next 3-6 months which is actually what we want to happen.  These big swings draw traders into the market and those are not really the people blocknet is looking to attract.  Slow and steady growth will bring institutional investment which is what Blocknet really needs.  I would set a large buy order in at $25 and smaller ones now at the current price buying any small dips you see.  Once your in, stash the coins away on a wallet staking and leave them be for a long while.
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
As most crypto it is very volatile. try some low bids.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
How big of a gamble do you think it is to buy Block now? At $30. I try not to buy tops these days. Seems to me there is a pretty good chance of it dropping back down. I dunno, maybe to .005 / $23?

Congrats to devs and others who got in early!

That will be me someday!  Cheesy
Hey Arlyn, 100% agree on that!!  I have no interest in ARK personally because there isn't anything real or solid there yet.  I'm just looking at whatever could create more investor confidence in Blocknet.  Also I think it says a lot when someone gives criticism and you listen and change.  It's possible Carter might even take a second look at Blocknet and see it's far beyond ARK, all because you've made those simple changes.  Any recommendation from someone with a bunch of followers is a good thing!!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Hey Guys.... Blocknet got a mention on Youtube by Carter Thomas at Coin Mastery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYZsadeiTb0.  I know a lot of people that follow him and I think his input is very valuable to the project especially now that it's on the rise.  He currently has 18K followers!  He seemed pretty interested in Blocknet and it's use case, but he has one big issue was transparency with the development team.  To be honest, it's never really bothered me as a long time investor until now that he just mentioned it.  I've been investing in and watching Blocknet since the beginning in 2014.  In the last 3-6 months I've noticed that all the new coins that are really taking off and new ICO's are putting faces to the project.  I think this is something that has definitely changed and something that the Blocknet team should change too.  I think in the past with government regulation and such, developers were afraid to step in front of the camera for whatever reason.  I think now that mass adoption is occurring and people with big money are entering the market, this is something that needs to change for Blocknet to increase investor confidence.  I don't really see any negative drawback's to not doing it as there may have been in the past.  Again, that's my $.02, but I think the point is really valid.  I'm a member of the Slack group, so I'll probably pop over there at some point and mention it.

Again, in my opinion, we got a good mention on Youtube and I'm pretty sure more will follow soon!  I hope we keep up the solid momentum and Blocknet continues on it's upward trend!!  My holding is getting crazy valuable, but I still don't see any reason to let it go!!          

Thanks for telling us about that video!

Yes, our identities have been public since before we founded the Blocknet:
- Arlyn Culwick (me): https://www.linkedin.com/in/arlynculwick/
- Dan Metcalf: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dan-metcalf-b821a812/

I think Carter was more or less saying there was nothing on the website that he could find, that said who the developers are and what projects they have been involved with.  My advise would be to implement some small changes on the website to make that information more accessible and transparent.  Again, I think it creates investor confidence and shows there isn't anything to hide.  Also now that it's been mention by someone a lot of people are following, it would be great to see it changed so anyone looking back or researching the coin will see the concerns were heard and addressed.  His comparison to ARK was very apparent where it shows the development team, pictures of them and what experience they have to hep the coin move forward.

Again, I think we are on the way up and we need investor support.  Anything that could help that should be implemented.  I'm sure it's an easy change for you guys to the website.   

Yes, you're right.

On the other hand, that guy really didn't do his research.
For example, our tech is (a) actually real, and working, and (b) truly decentralized. That can't be said of ARK, and if he knew that it would've changed his assessment completely.
Hey Guys.... Blocknet got a mention on Youtube by Carter Thomas at Coin Mastery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYZsadeiTb0.  I know a lot of people that follow him and I think his input is very valuable to the project especially now that it's on the rise.  He currently has 18K followers!  He seemed pretty interested in Blocknet and it's use case, but he has one big issue was transparency with the development team.  To be honest, it's never really bothered me as a long time investor until now that he just mentioned it.  I've been investing in and watching Blocknet since the beginning in 2014.  In the last 3-6 months I've noticed that all the new coins that are really taking off and new ICO's are putting faces to the project.  I think this is something that has definitely changed and something that the Blocknet team should change too.  I think in the past with government regulation and such, developers were afraid to step in front of the camera for whatever reason.  I think now that mass adoption is occurring and people with big money are entering the market, this is something that needs to change for Blocknet to increase investor confidence.  I don't really see any negative drawback's to not doing it as there may have been in the past.  Again, that's my $.02, but I think the point is really valid.  I'm a member of the Slack group, so I'll probably pop over there at some point and mention it.

Again, in my opinion, we got a good mention on Youtube and I'm pretty sure more will follow soon!  I hope we keep up the solid momentum and Blocknet continues on it's upward trend!!  My holding is getting crazy valuable, but I still don't see any reason to let it go!!          

I think Carter was more or less saying there was nothing on the website that he could find, that said who the developers are and what projects they have been involved with.  My advise would be to implement some small changes on the website to make that information more accessible and transparent.  Again, I think it creates investor confidence and shows there isn't anything to hide.  Also now that it's been mention by someone a lot of people are following, it would be great to see it changed so anyone looking back or researching the coin will see the concerns were heard and addressed.  His comparison to ARK was very apparent where it shows the development team, pictures of them and what experience they have to hep the coin move forward.

Again, I think we are on the way up and we need investor support.  Anything that could help that should be implemented.  I'm sure it's an easy change for you guys to the website.   
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

I get this Sad. Got  OSX wallet

Cannot open wallet dump file (code -8)
for everyone:

Steps for migrating from old chain to new chain

backup your wallet.dat before you doing anything (make 2 separate copies)
    unlock wallet from the UI (fully unlocked, not just for staking)
    Use the debug console and type dumpwallet filename.txt (replace "filename.txt" with a name of your choice). The file will be located in the directory you launched the wallet from

Download New Wallet

launch wallet
    in debug console importwallet filename.txt replace filename.txt with that you used with the dumpwallet command
    verify addresses
    via debug console type listreceivedbyaddress 0 true

When to move your wallet.dat and start using the new wallet

it is not important when you download the new wallet, sync up, and move your wallet.dat to its directory.
    however, your new wallet's balance will remain zero until the migration on 1 September.
    a snapshot will be taken on 1 September, after the final block on the old chain. The first block to be created after 08:00 PDT (15:00 UTC) shall be the final block.
    once the snapshot is applied to the new chain, your balance will reflect in the new wallet
    you can expect (centralized) exchanges to re-enable trading once they have confirmed that the new chain is functioning as expected.

Funds will arrive on Sept 1
Activity: 102
So basically I just need to download the new wallet on September 1st and load my .dat file to recover my balance ?

Sorry if it has been explained before
Activity: 182
btw will blocknet prevent usage of trading bots?

Think Arlyn said that there will be API that supports bots to create liquidity...    That's also how block will be bought to support the fee structure of people trading without block.

ah crap, bots are ruining trading ... why to support them :/

Because they are 90% of the volume in crypto Wink

yes and no, if you have annoying bots which are overbidding your position by one cent every single time, it's just shitty.

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

Think Arlyn said that there will be API that supports bots to create liquidity...    That's also how block will be bought to support the fee structure of people trading without block.

Some are pretty easy to fool... to bring then from a good Sell position... towards the edge... byt putting 2 orders on each side and moving them up and up... before cancelling.

Build a bot that pushes bots to sell lowe(er) or buy high(er) and you start a nice bot wars :-)

Best way to avoid bot trading or bad behavior is to put a COST on the cancellation of a position.
Activity: 78

Think Arlyn said that there will be API that supports bots to create liquidity...    That's also how block will be bought to support the fee structure of people trading without block.

Activity: 119

Think Arlyn said that there will be API that supports bots to create liquidity...    That's also how block will be bought to support the fee structure of people trading without block.
Activity: 686
Merit: 266
https://imgur.com/a/Q7nQB
https://imgur.com/a/2rAo9

Blocknet Devs premined the new chain to allocate themselves over 100k BLOCK "Backpay". More than $2.5m At current prices.
Thank you for letting us know! That's about 2,5% of all BLOCKs. That is a lot, but some reward for the Dev is surely appropriate.

So what exactly does this mean? Is this common practice? Did they announce this to the community? Just curious.
Usually a coin is either premined or it isn't. Now that Blocknet moves to a new blockchain this is a chance for the dev to chance some things, just like a premine. A movement to a new blockchain ("production chain") isn't usual , but a premine is for some coins, because the dev team works on the coin fulltime and needs and deserves some money for it. Yes, he did announce it to the community with releasing the production chain sheet and writing the premine into the sheet. Also many Coins do a premine 10%<, so 2,5% is less than the usual.
Dev was already paid with XC premine without releasing nothing. And was paid with BLOCK ICO. Now dev want more premine coins?! I'll not be surprised if dev clames more premine in final release!!
Pages:
Jump to: