Author

Topic: [ANN][C2] Coin2 | POS | Official Thread | BF3 | BF4 | CS:GO | Chain of Conflict - page 126. (Read 484345 times)

Activity: 357
Merit: 250
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
THE NEW WEBSITE IS LIVE! I will be continuing to update it in the near future as more details of the upcoming game jam are released.
http://www.coin2.us/

Great job Nick, love the gamejam logo.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
THE NEW WEBSITE IS LIVE! I will be continuing to update it in the near future as more details of the upcoming game jam are released.
http://www.coin2.us/
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1415
In case anyone is interested, here is the game I made at the Purple Monkey Game Jam in Boston some months ago with a few other people over the course of 2 days. I've rebuilt it in Stencyl so I could continue developing it. Originally it was done in Unity. SO check it out. It could potentially go in the Coin2 Arcade as well once I add some more ongoing game play like more levels with less time to find and punch the werewolf each level.

WEREWOLF PUNCHER: A werewolf is hiding in a village town square amidst a crowd of villagers. Occasional lightning strikes reval it's true form. Find it and punch it before the timer runs out and it transforms to tear the villagers apart.

Try not to punch the villagers, you lose points. Your point loss is compounded if you punch during a lightning strike.
http://nickquest.com/werewolf_puncher_testing

Im gonna check it out when I get home. Sounds interesting though
Animated version of the C2 Jam Logo.
In case anyone is interested, here is the game I made at the Purple Monkey Game Jam in Boston some months ago with a few other people over the course of 2 days. I've rebuilt it in Stencyl so I could continue developing it. Originally it was done in Unity. SO check it out. It could potentially go in the Coin2 Arcade as well once I add some more ongoing game play like more levels with less time to find and punch the werewolf each level.

WEREWOLF PUNCHER: A werewolf is hiding in a village town square amidst a crowd of villagers. Occasional lightning strikes reval it's true form. Find it and punch it before the timer runs out and it transforms to tear the villagers apart.

Try not to punch the villagers, you lose points. Your point loss is compounded if you punch during a lightning strike.
http://nickquest.com/werewolf_puncher_testing
Of course it may not be very difficult to integrate from any engine, just involves a bit more work since it hasn't been done yet. I'm not against opening up to other platforms for this first Jam, but Oldandgrey may have to be willing to do the work to integrate with another platform, unless the game designer knows their stuff well enough to set up the JSON calls on their own.

What does everyone think? Should this first jam be opened up to all platforms? I thought we should play up the fact that both Coin2 and Construct2 go by C2 and form a kind of unofficial partnership with them, possibly encouraging more Construct2 games to use the Coin2 arcade based on Oldandgrey's model. However maybe further multi-platform support is more important. What say you all?
From my point of view I am happier to wait for a number of reasons :-

1. Really wanted to get the changes to the wallet fully completed and properly tested before rolling out. Almost every program within the wallet has required changing and that is a lot of work (been at it most nights from before Christmas). These changes broke almost everything and I have been painststakingly going through every page getting things working again. At the moment the wallet side of things is almost complete (existing pages working) but I need to now get the game side of the API working again (most of the changes now will be on the game side ).

2. Think that the game jam is a brilliant idea but feel two weeks was a little optimistic. People need longer to prepare.

3. As I said above, happy to integrate with anything. Should be enough experience in the forum to do it.

I might even add .5 BTC to the prize Wink

oldandgrey

I'm sure you're right. I got excited about the Global Jam, but getting things together first is way more important. I'll officially push the the site out later today rather than waiting for the Jam.

That would be awesome if you could contribute another 0.5 btc to the prize. A whole coin is a lot more enticing! Though if you do, you should definitely get some C2 for it. When the price makes a rebound, you deserve to benefit as much as anyone.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500

oldandgrey is working on few things for some time now, dont rush and leave projects half done so you can work on some new stuff

take it easy everyone, time is on our side Wink
Once finished I plan to upload the fully documented fishy flyer source to the site as an example of how to integrate. It's not the only way, but will hopefully give folks some ideas..
Of course it may not be very difficult to integrate from any engine, just involves a bit more work since it hasn't been done yet. I'm not against opening up to other platforms for this first Jam, but Oldandgrey may have to be willing to do the work to integrate with another platform, unless the game designer knows their stuff well enough to set up the JSON calls on their own.

What does everyone think? Should this first jam be opened up to all platforms? I thought we should play up the fact that both Coin2 and Construct2 go by C2 and form a kind of unofficial partnership with them, possibly encouraging more Construct2 games to use the Coin2 arcade based on Oldandgrey's model. However maybe further multi-platform support is more important. What say you all?
From my point of view I am happier to wait for a number of reasons :-

1. Really wanted to get the changes to the wallet fully completed and properly tested before rolling out. Almost every program within the wallet has required changing and that is a lot of work (been at it most nights from before Christmas). These changes broke almost everything and I have been painststakingly going through every page getting things working again. At the moment the wallet side of things is almost complete (existing pages working) but I need to now get the game side of the API working again (most of the changes now will be on the game side ).

2. Think that the game jam is a brilliant idea but feel two weeks was a little optimistic. People need longer to prepare.

3. As I said above, happy to integrate with anything. Should be enough experience in the forum to do it.

I might even add .5 BTC to the prize Wink

oldandgrey
Nick when will the game contest take place.  How ling will someone have to submit a game?
I was originally hoping for it to take place on Jan 23-25 as part of the Global Game Jam, but some things in the online wallet are being updated and the sample game is not currently functional. So I'm holding off until it is working. It was just unfortunate I didn't hear of the Global Jam until 2 weeks before it's launch. Registration seems to have lapsed now. Anyway it's more important to have everything working when we start advertizing in the Construct2 forum than to coincide with the Global Jam which is mainly an IRL Jam anyway.

As for games made with other engines, I thought this first attempt should be Construct2 only games just because Oldandgrey has already done all the integration work with the fish game. So it should be easy to integrate the winners using the sample game as a template. We need to get this arcade jump started and I thought this would be path of least resistance.

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
I need some people testing please

http://www.ermiscoin.com/FPS/11/CoC_Beta_v11.html

I will get on it when I get home.  Any software to download?

When I launch the link it just comes up with a screen with the unity logo in it.  How do I launch the demo?

nevermind got it......already found my hiding spots.  King nice work.  Like the shadowing.  Did you have to put them in or when you put the objects in the get the shadowing in?  Anyway nice large space to cruise around.  Like it.  Is the shooting mechanism going to be that blue laser?  or is that getting modified?

Thanks man, pm me, have a question to ask you..

thanks for letting me know man

The laser is just a stand in fake weapon until i do real ones. I am still kinda playing with it, even though I am working on a weapon model for it.

if you have a game written in unity then pm me and we will get it integrated asap :-)

Thats good to know that you can do that.

I'm not ready for integration, but I will let you know. Did the stuff I told u on skype about the daemon help?
He's good, just need to convince him its worth his time (has wife and couple kids as well so time is limited you know).  Anyway thanks I will let him know and hopefully I can get him on board, but no promises.

Wheelz better to talk to Nick about the gamejam. I can talk about the API but its Nick is the expert on the gamejams.
legendary
Nick when will the game contest take place.  How ling will someine have to submit a game?

Im not that familiar with construct2.  Could a game built in unity3d be submitted?  do we have the ability to Integrate c2 in a game built in unity3d?

Think that since this was being posted onto a construct2 forum on a thread specifically about gamejams that it is only reasonable to focus on construct 2 games. But if you have a game written in unity then pm me and we will get it integrated asap :-)

To answer your second question. Anything that can send and receive JSON can use the coin2 API. it could be any game development platform or any application written in C++, jave, PHP, .net, or any other language or application builder that supports JSON. I don't know unity, but I would guess that it supports JSON.

THanks Garfield.  Just a question, not for me but my buddy has spent parts of hte last 2 months learning unity 3d.  Still trying to get him to build us a game and thought the .5 BTC bounty for first place might entice him.  Told him about it today and havent heard back from him yet on building us a game.  He owns his own heating/AC company and has been busy, but Im still trying.  He's good, just need to convince him its worth his time (has wife and couple kids as well so time is limited you know).  Anyway thanks I will let him know and hopefully I can get him on board, but no promises.
legendary

I will get on it when I get home.  Any software to download?

When I launch the link it just comes up with a screen with the unity logo in it.  How do I launch the demo?

nevermind got it......already found my hiding spots.  King nice work.  Like the shadowing.  Did you have to put them in or when you put the objects in the get the shadowing in?  Anyway nice large space to cruise around.  Like it.  Is the shooting mechanism going to be that blue laser?  or is that getting modified?
legendary

When I launch the link it just comes up with a screen with the unity logo in it.  How do I launch the demo?
Nick when will the game contest take place.  How ling will someine have to submit a game?

Im not that familiar with construct2.  Could a game built in unity3d be submitted?  do we have the ability to Integrate c2 in a game built in unity3d?

Think that since this was being posted onto a construct2 forum on a thread specifically about gamejams that it is only reasonable to focus on construct 2 games. But if you have a game written in unity then pm me and we will get it integrated asap :-)

To answer your second question. Anything that can send and receive JSON can use the coin2 API. it could be any game development platform or any application written in C++, jave, PHP, .net, or any other language or application builder that supports JSON. I don't know unity, but I would guess that it supports JSON.
legendary

Jump to: