Author

Topic: [ANN][C2] Coin2 | POS | Official Thread | BF3 | BF4 | CS:GO | Chain of Conflict - page 128. (Read 484345 times)

Activity: 676
Merit: 500
i asked king who is in team with him-who is working on coin for free, then he mentioned nickquest as one of them, wich doesnt mean he is board member, BUT, i really see him as active member here and he is indeed putting his effort into this, as many other guys arround

maybe it is time to think about enlargening dev team with members of comunity who are active and can help to move things forward and then change the op, each one of devs should have their own tasks and it should all be nicely stated in that op

zyronx looks like a guy who could take care of OP

actually i think we need manager here
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Here is a simple mission anyone can help with that could give the price a little boost. Log onto bter.com and give Coin2 a good review. Of course you should write whatever you think is fair, but there are some good things in the works currently. It would be nice to have some reviews that reflect the new push and direction of this coin. Maybe you want to put a pin into it until after something has come to fruition. That's fine. I am antsy for things to happen. I'm sure many of you are as well. Apparently I'm an official Dev and didn't realize it. LOL. Must have missed the memo.

Anyway I fully understand why people weren't falling over themselves to donate BTC with me for the game jam prize. People have already invested and don't want to put in any more. Fortunately the other Devs have agreed to put in a mill C2 so I think we can go ahead with this plan. It's possibly a little lighter than I would have liked, but close. If anyone wants to put in a little BTC to top it off, that would be appreciated. That or if anyone want's to buy the 1mill C2 here on the forum for 0.4 BTC, that would be another way to support this endeavor.

There are some other logistics to work out to determine whether our game jam will coincide with the Global one or be a couple weeks later. Ideally it will coincide, but either way I'll keep people posted on the progress and continue to share my designs. I will be making a page on the new site for the Game Jam.

Still got alot of adjusting to do to make the village fit in, but at least the model is in the map now, that should make things a bit easier for me tomorrow when i have to fix the terrain from where i made the village fit in, and remove trees and junk that dont belong, fix the water too cause it fucked up, and readd the water fountains spray and the fire to the torch pots, lol.. but all in all the village actually fit in pretty good compared to the hut i added a few weeks ago before i went to my cousins..

Cool, glad you could get it imported.
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto
I also made this for myself.

I love your NES style man, nice work!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Still got alot of adjusting to do to make the village fit in, but at least the model is in the map now, that should make things a bit easier for me tomorrow when i have to fix the terrain from where i made the village fit in, and remove trees and junk that dont belong, fix the water too cause it fucked up, and readd the water fountains spray and the fire to the torch pots, lol.. but all in all the village actually fit in pretty good compared to the hut i added a few weeks ago before i went to my cousins..
Activity: 318
All these ideas are awesome. I'm excited there is more activity here. Let's keep up the good work everyone! Smiley

good ideas and good plans,
we will see.
Officially, its me, Kalisto20022002(w.e his name is here), nickquest, zyronx, n3lz0n, dailymodo, and nrigo. There are others but they have been silent for a bit and not going to mention names cause some of them are just on break from crypto in general. Unofficially on the team but volunteering to help when they can is OldandGrey, Wheelz1200, Nikhil and RoslinBMS.

Am I officially in team now? That's news to me. I have been actively trying to get something going lately, but most definitely have been volunteering my time to remake the website like oldangrey has done with the online wallet. My motivation is entirely due to the fact that I am a holder of coins and have a vested interest in the platform succeeding.

So what exactly is the distinction between those "in team" and those "volunteering"?

I have made suggestions several times in the past about what to do with the surplus coins from the last swap which were mostly ignored, so I don't feel like I have had any official say in the actions of this coins dev team and would have wanted things done very differently many times in the past.

That is all fine of course. I didn't have a particular right to that kind of say so. I made suggestions and moved on. It was my choice to buy the coins and to continue holding them when the price continued to drop to where it is today. I feel the need to clarify my position here.

If I am to have more of an official role i.e. responsibility to other coin holders, then I would want some additional authority over decisions made. I'm on the facebook board and definitely have some voice for making suggestions on there and chat with Brian regularly, but I would want the team to have real system in place. If there are 7 official team members, then I think there should be a vote between them for all major decisions including things like coin swap and the reserve fund. If a consensus can not be reached internally, a public vote should be held on the forum. Then the team sticks to whatever decision is reached. People here might be more likely to get involved if they get a vote sometimes that carries real weight. Also, if anyone deserves a say in important matters at this point it's oldandgrey. He has put a lot of time into the online wallet with built in game transactions for no compensation. That wallet is currently the only functional thing Coin2 has going for it which virtually no other coin has.

I wouldn't have suggested all this, but if I am being included as an official Dev now, then this would tie my name and reputation to the actions of the whole team and the future success of the coin. I take that seriously. If that is so, I would want some changes made, or at least clarifications on policy. Otherwise I would prefer to remain a contributor and leave the final decisions to the rest of you.

Sorry to get all serious, but that's how I feel about it and it seemed necessary to state it publicly. Whichever way it goes, I will continue to hold my coins, work on my game, and help the coin when I have the time.
legendary
Merit: 1001
All these ideas are awesome. I'm excited there is more activity here. Let's keep up the good work everyone! Smiley

Activity: 357
Officially, its me, Kalisto20022002(w.e his name is here), nickquest, zyronx, n3lz0n, dailymodo, and nrigo. There are others but they have been silent for a bit and not going to mention names cause some of them are just on break from crypto in general. Unofficially on the team but volunteering to help when they can is OldandGrey, Wheelz1200, Nikhil and RoslinBMS. If Im forgetting anyone I am sorry. There is always room for more people on the unofficial side of things, we need someone to take charge and lead the community. Anyways I asked roslin for permission to take the abandoned village and add it into my tropics map, will help to give the map more flavor since I am steering away from small maps. He gave me permission, so thats my goal tonight. I need a break from the hitbox crate monster, arms and legs are a pain in the ass to model so I will finish that up tomorrow.. lol.

Yes, just to confirm, I'm still here in case anyone had any doubt. Have just been beavering away at the wallet making lots of changes. I'm really excited about some of the things I have planned for the wallet but as has been already been said the key is content. Without content, Houston we have a problem. We need people to create content be it games or whatever. Anything that people can buy with c2. So come on make your hobby into a business and talk to me to see if we can give you a shop store within the wallet. Get your imagination working overtime. Or join with pagona and help fund others to do it on your behalf.
legendary
hi, i`ve been away for a while

just my few thoughts

i like the idea of swapping coins, and it is something that needs to be done, but not yet, we dont even have someone to compile the wallet

king arbin, can you tell us who is currently in team, or who is voluntering with you?

nickquest, do you think it is time to spend money on promoting coin, there is no much we can offer

we need someone to work on coin but you cant find them for free, so i will donate 0.2 btc to fundation to hire someone who can help king arbin

lets collect money we need to pay someone to finish something what could take devs months to do, but it is important to get things rolling

Officially, its me, Kalisto20022002(w.e his name is here), nickquest, zyronx, n3lz0n, dailymodo, and nrigo. There are others but they have been silent for a bit and not going to mention names cause some of them are just on break from crypto in general. Unofficially on the team but volunteering to help when they can is OldandGrey, Wheelz1200, Nikhil and RoslinBMS. If Im forgetting anyone I am sorry. There is always room for more people on the unofficial side of things, we need someone to take charge and lead the community. Anyways I asked roslin for permission to take the abandoned village and add it into my tropics map, will help to give the map more flavor since I am steering away from small maps. He gave me permission, so thats my goal tonight. I need a break from the hitbox crate monster, arms and legs are a pain in the ass to model so I will finish that up tomorrow.. lol.

Edit: this is like an hour later but I just now seen you offered to donate to hire someone to help me, thanks man. Mostly I just need to have the coin integrated after I figure out the weapons systems, someone that knows unity3D really well, I mostly do landscaping on there and have just recently got into doing my own models, like less than a months time playing with blender. I also had to learn how to create a minimap from scratch to make it easier to navigate my map, and had to look up how to do the underwater affects which i then modified to look better. Next up is studying the FPS kit and replacing the models in it with the ones nikhil created for us, and adjusting them so they work right in game. Then I need to learn how to add character models in game. I have always had trouble with getting characters in the game and working correctly. Even though I have made some huge steps since my days toying with unity when kalisto was still on the CoC project and not the dragonball one.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
hi, i`ve been away for a while

just my few thoughts

i like the idea of swapping coins, and it is something that needs to be done, but not yet, we dont even have someone to compile the wallet

king arbin, can you tell us who is currently in team, or who is voluntering with you?

nickquest, do you think it is time to spend money on promoting coin, there is no much we can offer

we need someone to work on coin but you cant find them for free, so i will donate 0.2 btc to fundation to hire someone who can help king arbin

lets collect money we need to pay someone to finish something what could take devs months to do, but it is important to get things rolling

Thanks. It may be that it's more important to get our ducks in a row than to coincide with the global game jam, though I think it could bring a lot more publicity to sync and register with the Global community.

If we can't get these minimal funds together for a prize in time, it may be better to wait until we can. Though I fear the time to strike is now. With so many new game coins around these days, Coin2 needs to establish itself or be forgotten.

legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1415
Nick I think this is a great idea.  I know its not a business but advertising has got to be big.  Some people dont know what they want until its right in front of them.  With that being said I currently have no btc but am willing to donate my c2.  I would also consider something for that 2nd or 3rd prize if its not too much.  Let me know how much c2 you think we need.

Thanks wheelz1200, but unfortunately at current prices it would take like 1,300,000 C2 to be equivalent to the 0.4 additional BTC I want to raise. Personally I think if anyone should shell out that kind of C2 for the community, it should be taken from the reserve fund. Not being a dev, I don't have any say over that, but I wouldn't imagine them being too keen on dumping that much C2 at these prices to fund this little experiment.

This endeavor is advertising, but it's also much more than that. We would be essentially paying for new content all while making it a fun social event. We tried offering C2 for new games for a while with no takers. We want the Coin2 arcade to be a viable platform for indie games like newgrounds or kongregate only with Coin2 as the life blood of the whole system. We need people to be willing to integrate with the wallet and trust us to host their game on our server. Once there is an established case of this working and content available, it may attract content creators on it's own. But for now it is completely unproven and theoretical. It needs a monetary incentive other than the very currency it is trying to promote.

Understand completely.   Let me see what I can scrape up together. 
Nick I think this is a great idea.  I know its not a business but advertising has got to be big.  Some people dont know what they want until its right in front of them.  With that being said I currently have no btc but am willing to donate my c2.  I would also consider something for that 2nd or 3rd prize if its not too much.  Let me know how much c2 you think we need.

Thanks wheelz1200, but unfortunately at current prices it would take like 1,300,000 C2 to be equivalent to the 0.4 additional BTC I want to raise. Personally I think if anyone should shell out that kind of C2 for the community, it should be taken from the reserve fund. Not being a dev, I don't have any say over that, but I wouldn't imagine them being too keen on dumping that much C2 at these prices to fund this little experiment.

This endeavor is advertising, but it's also much more than that. We would be essentially paying for new content all while making it a fun social event. We tried offering C2 for new games for a while with no takers. We want the Coin2 arcade to be a viable platform for indie games like newgrounds or kongregate only with Coin2 as the life blood of the whole system. We need people to be willing to integrate with the wallet and trust us to host their game on our server. Once there is an established case of this working and content available, it may attract content creators on it's own. But for now it is completely unproven and theoretical. It needs a monetary incentive other than the very currency it is trying to promote.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1415
As some of you may be aware, the Global Game Jam http://globalgamejam.org/ is coming up in a couple weeks. I really want Coin2 to sponsor an online jam on the Construct2 forum to participate in this. The winner "decided by votes on this forum" gets some BTC, help integrating their game into the C2 wallet, and some C2 for payouts from their game. Potentially runner ups could get some other prizes that we would need to donate. I've got a mobo, CPU, GPU I could donate. If anyone else has any gear collecting dust that could make a good 2nd or 3rd place prize, that would be cool.

We need everyone who is on the board and those who are invested in C2 like myself to come together to create a pot of BTC for this event. I'm as broke as anyone, but I'm willing to put up 0.1 BTC for this cause if we can raise at least 0.5 BTC for the prize.

I think we all know that C2 needs some new buzz. This is how we do it. We could be the Game Jam Coin.

The new website http://nickquest.com/coin2/ is just about ready to go. It's official release could coincide with the Jam. Sorry it took so long to get it together, but it was hard to budget much time for it without compensation. I think it looks pretty good, but it's still light on content. We need games. I've finally made some progress integrating HitBox (a Stencyl game) into the wallet, it's not there yet, but it's close. Brian is keeping at it with Chain of Conflict, but we need some original content in the arcade like pronto.

Let's make this happen.

We need people to be willing to pledge a little BTC with me to make this worth doing. I won't go forward if there is no interest. I know lot's of people have invested lots of dollars in Coin2 already, but this is a chance to be proactive with your investment. If you think the C2 game jam idea is a good one, then support it with that few Satoshi you've got lying around.

legendary

Sure this is the crate monster from hitbox.. but he/she is gonna be included in Chain of Conflict.. Gotta have some great characters for the game other than the banker and sigorne croft, lol, so yeah I backed off from putting out a new demo and I have been working all day on modeling this from Nick's character from hitbox..
I also made this for myself.
Activity: 257
[insert trending meme] 人
keep up the good work any way
I came up with this as a possible logo for the Construct2 centered game jam. Construct2 + Coin2 = C4. Explosive possibilities!
Of course I'm still not going to go through with this if I can't get some people to put up a very little BTC with me for a prize to be awarded to the best game made for C2, with C2. We can't just offer C2 at this point. The price is too low.

I will reiterate. I'll donate 0.1 BTC. I would like to have a pot of at least 0.5 to offer as a prize and incentive for people to make games for Coin2. Please just post here to pledge with me or PM me. If there is any interest here, I will post a BTC address for deposits.

To all those out there like me who took a chance on an interesting yet risky investment. Help me to make it pay off.
Jump to: