Author

Topic: [ANN][C2] Coin2 | POS | Official Thread | BF3 | BF4 | CS:GO | Chain of Conflict - page 127. (Read 484345 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1415
Nick when will the game contest take place.  How ling will someine have to submit a game?

Im not that familiar with construct2.  Could a game built in unity3d be submitted?  do we have the ability to Integrate c2 in a game built in unity3d?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1415
Nick when will the game cintest take place.  How ling will someine have to submit a game?
legendary
Merit: 1001
that is what I'm using. its a pig too. I need to upgrade my whole machine soon. its about to blowup. lol

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
legendary
Radeon HD5450, not really good enough for most modern games, but better than integrated graphics.

is it better then a nvida gforce 210?  
Radeon HD5450, not really good enough for most modern games, but better than integrated graphics.
legendary
I like it. Smiley

for the 2nd prize is that a choice of 1, or do they get all 3?   it would seem to be a better prize then the 100.00 dollar 1st prize.

depending on the type of components.

All 3. They are low end components. Well the Mobo is decent, but the cpu is 2.6 ghz sempron and the gpu only a 1gb. It probably is of nearly comparable value. I tried to sell the mobo and cpu on ebay for like $70 with no takers.
legendary
I like it. Smiley

for the 2nd prize is that a choice of 1, or do they get all 3?   it would seem to be a better prize then the 100.00 dollar 1st prize.

depending on the type of components.

This is what I came up with for the jam to be posted on the Construct2 forum. What does everyone think?

C4 Game Jam
Coin2 + Construct2 = C4, explosive possibilities.

What is Coin2?
Coin2 or C2 is a digital crypto currency made for indie games. It was distributed for free to 1000 Facebook users to bypass the need for expensive mining equipment. The backbone of C2 is the online wallet and arcade. This is a platform designed to host browser based video games which can automatically process transactions in Coin2. As a game maker you can offer payouts of crypto coins to your users to reward high scores or time spent playing the game. This can potentially add incentive to play. You can also offer in game crypto coin purchases to enter tournaments, buy power ups, or new game content. It’s essentially the freemium model of gaming without the hassle and cost of processing fiat currency via a service like paypal. Such services have a relatively high percentage cost and days of waiting for money to transfer to a bank account.

Coin2 is sponsoring it’s first game jam specifically for the Construct 2 community. The games entered in the Jam will be voted on by the Coin2 and Construct2 communities to find the winners. The prizes are as follows.

1st Prize: 0.5 BTC or equivalent cash value no less than $100 regardless of current bitcoin price.
2nd Prize: Computer components 1 mobo, 1 AMD CPU, one video card.
3rd Prize: ?

Suggested judging criteria are as follows. It’s going to be up to the community to decide, so these are just suggestions.
50% playability
25% originality
25% visuality

In addition to the above mentioned prizes, each winner will get 100,000 C2 to get them started with payouts for their game and be given assistance integrating the game into the Coin2 arcade. As the first 3 original games available on the Coin2 Arcade, they will be featured prominently on the Coin2 website for no less than a month.

Anyone who signs up for a Coin2 Online Wallet account will get 1000 free coins and is welcome to interface their game with it using our gaming API and submit it for approval to be added to the Coin2 Arcade.

The first game with this functionality was made in Construct2 using the Fishy Flyer sample game as a proof of concept to show how this system can work. The interface and features of the online wallet and arcade are being actively developed and will continue to improve and expand.

So join the Jam and get in on the ground floor of a new platform for indie games.
Crazy that BTC went below $200.

I'm adding the Game Jam logo to the new website and doing a writeup for it. We should know by Monday whether we will launch it along with the Global Jam, or wait until some other things are in order. If we end up waiting, maybe a count down clock on the site would be cool.
legendary
it looks really nice, we finally have constant progress

looks like we are on a bit different time zones

i don't really have a sleep schedule though, i posted that at like 2 in the morning i think
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
it looks really nice, we finally have constant progress

looks like we are on a bit different time zones
legendary
actually never mind about me pushing something out tonight, turns out when i exported the abandoned village roslin created, half the textures screwed up and some of the models did as well so i am having to go back and fix things, but here is a screenshot of inside the church.. it used to be all one texture after the export.. lol.. its came a long way in the last hour or so, and the minimap is giving away the size of the village.

legendary
i didnt know, lol

i cant offer you much help in way of developing things, i lack of knowledge and time very soon, but i can buy from you surplus coins you got and that way you guys can have btc to hire someone or something, i dont sell coin2 and amount i buy can stay on public wallet, i can use them later when things start moving to promote Coin2 via giveaways or bounties

i can stretch and buy 1M for 0.5btc

it is important to have someone who will controll and direct board members, like in any bussines, there must be one person above others who will be conection between everyone and who will know at any moment who is doing what, i run a bussines with 10 employes for many years, there needs to be a strong hand

it is hard when you dont pay those people, but this is different thing because all of you allready work for free and if you guys organize yourself, there might be a payment waiting for you as product of your work

Well currently there are about 10 board members, some of them are inactive atm, and 8 people that were hired to help from the coin2 reserves, its not easy to keep up with all of them, but somehow I manage, I also have zyronx helping me in that area. You are right though most of us do this for free weekly, im not even really concerned over getting paid honestly, but I know the other guys would like to see something in their pockets. I'm more concerned with getting my name out there, then work will flow.. lol. Tonight could be a good night as well so check this forum hourly.. I will be pushing something out tonight.

Also thanks for the offer to buy the coins from us, I'm sure nick will get in touch with you soon.

I waited and waited for you to reply back early this morning and seems i fell asleep right before you did. I had exhausted myself hauling firewood earlier, laid down expecting to take a 2 hour nap and it turned into a 6 hour nap.. lol
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
i didnt know, lol

i cant offer you much help in way of developing things, i lack of knowledge and time very soon, but i can buy from you surplus coins you got and that way you guys can have btc to hire someone or something, i dont sell coin2 and amount i buy can stay on public wallet, i can use them later when things start moving to promote Coin2 via giveaways or bounties

i can stretch and buy 1M for 0.5btc

it is important to have someone who will controll and direct board members, like in any bussines, there must be one person above others who will be conection between everyone and who will know at any moment who is doing what, i run a bussines with 10 employes for many years, there needs to be a strong hand

it is hard when you dont pay those people, but this is different thing because all of you allready work for free and if you guys organize yourself, there might be a payment waiting for you as product of your work
legendary
Speaking of the OP though, I plan on redesigning it to be more of a showcase of what Coin2 has to offer. Screenshots of the Games in development, links to google docs containing old news, links to tutorials in case someone wants to help out with CoC, links to our exchanges obviously, An updated board member list, and links to our social media sites.

I find something seriously wrong with this picture as well. Goldpoints or whatever it is, is just all talk atm, talk of using scripts for dice games and such, talk of creating an mmorpg eventually, where is the originality and what makes all that talk worth 10k sats besides no premine or ICO... Hyper has nothing original about it, yet its worth 19k sats last I looked, sure they have a working copy of counterstrike.. but wtf.. its not original..

All that said what should Coin2 be worth having 3 original games so far even if their in development still? We have Coin Quest by ZyronX, Hitbox by NickQuest, and Chain of Conflict by me..  surely 40 sats can't be the price for originality.. something is seriously wrong in this picture..

Either way I have nothing better to do and chain of conflict will be continued cause I just want a game out there and be able to say "I did that"  Grin
legendary
i asked king who is in team with him-who is working on coin for free, then he mentioned nickquest as one of them, wich doesnt mean he is board member, BUT, i really see him as active member here and he is indeed putting his effort into this, as many other guys arround

maybe it is time to think about enlargening dev team with members of comunity who are active and can help to move things forward and then change the op, each one of devs should have their own tasks and it should all be nicely stated in that op

zyronx looks like a guy who could take care of OP

actually i think we need manager here

Whether you know it or not you are so dead on accurate with your assumption.

ZyronX already controls the OP, =P

NickQuest was a Board Member already, he just didn't realize it.

I am the manager of the board, aside from being the Chain of Conflict game dev.. I took over the moment Joel became greedy.

Are you offering help? I have been considering a few people to join the board, but haven't discussed it with anyone yet.
Jump to: