Author

Topic: [ANN][C2.1] Coin2 | Pow/PoS | ChainOfConflict[FPS] The Future of Gaming is Now - page 272. (Read 499723 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1415
400 million in a public account might scare some off....just thinkin
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
www.cd3d.app
OK WE NEED INPUT:

WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT US TO DO?

1. Start a new coin, reimburse the exchanges, and keep a bigger "safety wallet"
2. Try to get people to pull their coins from exchanges and make sure they are staking.  This will still leave Mintpal short and we might lose them as an exchange.  It will also leave the attacker with all of the stolen coins. 

WE NEED SUGGESTIONS FROM THE COMMUNITY.

If you started a new coin would we get an equal amount of the new coin as we have of NC2?

Yes same as before....this time we would make roughly 500 million and keep 400 million in a public account where everyone can check on it.  This would give us enough coins to reimburse Mintpal and all C2 users.  This time someone would never be able to buy a 51% of the total staking coin.

500 million will make our investment priceless?

is there anyway to keep same amount as before?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
CS Student - BC Logo Guy
Don't do that, the value of the coin would be extremely diluted. Have you looked into the setup blackcoin has to help prevent double spends? Maybe you could fork the current blackcoin repo into a new coin with 50 million?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Joel honestly whichever way you choose will make some people mad and some happy. You and your teams competence might take a hit from someone on the outside looking in. But for everyone who has been here knows the deal. Not to defer but im with you either way. Keep strong fundamentals keep trucking with current projects.  Im pretty sure im speaking for a bunch of people.

If you made a new coin....how would you distribute that huge wallet?...

One thing I do know is that I would prefer to see that person/group lose out on all coins!!!!

I agree, If there was a way I would love to make all of his/her coins useless, but its not possible.  I think of it as the same as when people counterfeit fiat.  You cant find counterfeit fiat until it ends up in circulation.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
OK WE NEED INPUT:

2. Try to get people to pull their coins from exchanges and make sure they are staking.  This will still leave Mintpal short and we might lose them as an exchange.  It will also leave the attacker with all of the stolen coins. 

If you started a new coin would we get an equal amount of the new coin as we have of NC2?

Yes same as before....this time we would make roughly 500 million and keep 400 million in a public account where everyone can check on it.  This would give us enough coins to reimburse Mintpal and all C2 users.  This time someone would never be able to buy a 51% of the total staking coin.

that is a an interesting idea
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
www.cd3d.app
OK WE NEED INPUT:

Joel

start a new coin for following concerns:
1. invalidate this son of bitch
2. make sure no more attacks
3. stick to exchanges, we are strong with mintpal

question:
1. the total coins will minus 28million?  so we will have 32 million coins?
2. how to do change over.  personally i have coins both on exchanges and wallet

Thanks again. we have to survive and succeed.
OK WE NEED INPUT:

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1415
Joel honestly whichever way you choose will make some people mad and some happy. You and your teams competence might take a hit from someone on the outside looking in. But for everyone who has been here knows the deal. Not to defer but im with you either way. Keep strong fundamentals keep trucking with current projects.  Im pretty sure im speaking for a bunch of people.

If you made a new coin....how would you distribute that huge wallet?...

One thing I do know is that I would prefer to see that person/group lose out on all coins!!!!
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
Seems like someone is trying to sabotage this coin. they do see this a real threat. crazy that this happened which is really hard to do too.  shows POS is not as secure as one would think.
Activity: 398
Stop trading on all exchanges.

Start again from scratch.

I will be here and I will support you. You haven't let us down yet and I believe you have the passion to make this coin succeed.

You dont think that makes the coin (mainly ME) look bad?  I think that we are being attacked because we have a game coming out and that threatens other coins and miners.  But, being attacked twice makes it look like I dont know what I am doing.  What do you all think?

ok, this is a view from someone who is new to this. I dont understand everything, might not be bad, as there are alot of guys like me around:

People buy so much random crap and 4 weeks in this crypto business is like 2 years somewhere else. There are scams with ipos, yet people seem to never learn. I think those who will come new will not care, many of those around will not care about it after a month. Sure, its not great, but i think starting a new coin can be a success again.

May concern is that while this 28m wallet is around, you can have a saftey wallet as big as you want, this guy could always dump the coin to death if he felt like it. So if there is anyway to get rid of this wallet, do that.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10

I will be here and I will support you. You haven't let us down yet and I believe you have the passion to make this coin succeed.

You dont think that makes the coin (mainly ME) look bad?  I think that we are being attacked because we have a game coming out and that threatens other coins and miners.  But, being attacked twice makes it look like I dont know what I am doing.  What do you all think?

I see it as the only option. Option 2 doesn't have much going for it really lol.

Come on, we've done it before. We can do it again.

Let's take our time and get it right. Make sure nobody loses out. What difference does it make if it takes a few weeks. This is a long term project.

P.S. Love the username! COYS!
Activity: 114
This sucks - I was going to invest in NC2 on MP, seemed like a decent and innovative coin - my vote is a reissue.
Activity: 578
Merit: 274
By the way, has anything like this ever happened in the crypto world?

Are we breaking new ground here?

You know, I kinda like that.

I see it as the only option. Option 2 doesn't have much going for it really lol.

Come on, we've done it before. We can do it again.

Let's take our time and get it right. Make sure nobody loses out. What difference does it make if it takes a few weeks. This is a long term project.

Activity: 336
CS Student - BC Logo Guy
OK WE NEED INPUT:

Activity: 91

+1 good

OK WE NEED INPUT:

Why is this coin still trading on bter? What's to stop another colossal dump?
Jump to: