Author

Topic: [ANN][Checkcoin] Explore the world using Checkcoin [PR PHASE] - page 108. (Read 237657 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Dear investors,

Thank you for all of your input. This is exactly why we decided not to make this call on our own and share both roadmaps with our community. We have been going over every e-mail, pm and post and would like to you all to know that we have come to a decision.

Our ICO will end tomorrow on the 18th of september at 24:00 GMT +1.

This means we will be following roadmap B (see: http://bitsend.nl/checkcoin) and will add additional company funds for further development, testing and PR in the coming months. The ~20 BTC gathered will help us speed up development and start up a strong PR campaign.

For the record: All remaining Checkcoins will be publicly deleted by C-CEX admins! Also note that we are not able to refund any BTC after our wallets release and CKC hits the public exchanges.

A big thank you to all investors and everybody involved, we look forward to hearing about your first experiences.

Sincerely yours,

Bitsend
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Allergic to false promises
I’ve had some time to think about this overnight and my previous Shark / Blood comment was a little OTT. I know where it came from though. Frustration. Apologies.

A look over at C-Cex will show you that a new ICO has started with Darktoken (https://c-cex.com/?p=dt-btc), at precisely the same price as CKC, 1000 sats. It’s eating through BTC like it’s going out of fashion. The problem here is that this is another day, another P&D shitcoin. Sigh!

DT has a 24-72 hour lifespan after it starts trading before it’s dumped and bobbing up and down between 100-200 sats before it slowly dies. I know it, everyone knows it. Its code is even lifted directly from Icebergcoin:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndt-darktoken-nist5-powpos-785420

What does this prove? That Crypto is short-sided and riddled with scammers and whales who basically control the market. They’ll be another coin just like DT out in a few days which everyone will jump on again.

Checkcoin IS NOT a P&D or a scam. I believe 100% in what you guys are trying to create here, and feel there is the potential for CKC to reach 1:1 with either the dollar or Euro, perhaps even further, but I feel you have fatally misjudged the steps between launching and scheduled intended PR.

I am happy to talk more about this in detail. My only interest is my own personal investment and a wish to see a quality coin succeed in a sea of steaming shit. @crypticious
I can see that you're definitely not new to this crypto wild west. Got a good view of the scene as it is nowadays imo. This isn't your first account here at BCT, isn't it?
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Ubermaster
I would want a full refund of my 0.5BTC if the ICO was extended any further on C-Cex.

On the other hand I am happy to stay onboard once I know exactly what I'm signing up to. Specifically, I would be looking for the following:

1. A full-Time Dedicated Community Manager in place focused on Twitter, IRC and Bitcointalk.
2. A clear marketing strategy, including giveaways that can be redeemed for goods and services to the general, non-tech savvy public.
3. A dated, detailed real-world roadmap for rollout including introduction of iOS and Android wallets/apps
4. More CKC given to early adopters such for taking a continued risk*

*Point 4 is optional, but would be very much appreciated.

T

Work in progress Smiley

With all due respect, crypto is a vicious sharkpit. Saying that CKC is a work in progress and hoping for the best is like dipping a towel in blood, tossing it in the water and thinking life is good.

Point taken! Realize though that CKC is a work in progress. There's a lot of people that have been working hard on getting Checkcoin to where it is now. This does not happen by sitting around and hoping for the best. We have not yet talked to C-CEX about extending our ICO. If this is something the people want, we will introduce a refund policy that will allow you to get a full refund of your BTC.

Hope you'll stay on board.

I’ve had some time to think about this overnight and my previous Shark / Blood comment was a little OTT. I know where it came from though. Frustration. Apologies.

A look over at C-Cex will show you that a new ICO has started with Darktoken (https://c-cex.com/?p=dt-btc), at precisely the same price as CKC, 1000 sats. It’s eating through BTC like it’s going out of fashion. The problem here is that this is another day, another P&D shitcoin. Sigh!

DT has a 24-72 hour lifespan after it starts trading before it’s dumped and bobbing up and down between 100-200 sats before it slowly dies. I know it, everyone knows it. Its code is even lifted directly from Icebergcoin:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndt-darktoken-nist5-powpos-785420

What does this prove? That Crypto is short-sided and riddled with scammers and whales who basically control the market. They’ll be another coin just like DT out in a few days which everyone will jump on again.

Checkcoin IS NOT a P&D or a scam. I believe 100% in what you guys are trying to create here, and feel there is the potential for CKC to reach 1:1 with either the dollar or Euro, perhaps even further, but I feel you have fatally misjudged the steps between launching and scheduled intended PR.

I am happy to talk more about this in detail. My only interest is my own personal investment and a wish to see a quality coin succeed in a sea of steaming shit. @crypticious
legendary
Activity: 1162
Allergic to false promises
Since I see nothing that proves the contrary, I assume that the ICO will end tomorrow.
Let's see how trustworthy the POD 5+ will turn out to be.
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
The plan was, and is still, to delete the remaining ICO coins at C-CEX and Bitsend don't need them to develop CKC...
I don't see why any change should be made.

Changing the plans as this point will not build trust, no matter the pressure from the community.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
As a early investor I do have to agree with most people here.

If the ICO goes on it only hurts those who currently hold and you would seemingly be faced with a ton of demands for refunds.

Looks to me that B is the less stressful path for everyone.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
The main questions I'd have for the devs, which others have brought up too, is why do you assume if the ico is extended that it will make any real difference? Do you plan a marketing campaign or something?

And if not extended, why do you assume you can raise the funds on your own?

I'd need to see definite answers before putting any real money into this.

Since it'll be like 5-6 months or so before a working checkcoin is released, assuming you find the funding somewhere, you probably would have been better off going with something like the Nem model instead ... cheap stakes, put a max per person, and just get by with whatever sums are brought in. At the very least, I would expect the coin would have gotten a ton more exposure than it has.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
As you are violating the original TIME plan and TERM of ICO at C-CEX if you proceed to Plan A. As investor, I'm demand a full refund without delay.
Activity: 258
If you are changing the ico terms you have to offer a refund period or this coin is doa.
Activity: 308
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
 I appreciate your honesty about the timeline. I feel a refund policy is necessary if you want to stay in good terms with your business. If you need a certain amount of capital then that's what you need, but understand that with no product ready to go for months everyone here knows their investment will be worth a fraction of what they paid and could buy cheaper in a downtrend.
  The only way I believe you can raise the kind of money you need for your project is to offer value to the coin in the beggining. Or you could just lie and scam investors, but nobody would do that in crypto. Wink
Activity: 233
who the fuck is letting all these hand drums in here lately?
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
If there wasn't enough interest so far, how is it reasonable to assume interest will grow given more time?
There has been no talk of a change in approach, or additional PR that I have seen.

Are you just going to change plans again if there isn't enough interest?

I feel like setbacks have been handled quite reasonably, though only so many setbacks can be understood when investment decisions are made based on the information given. I bought a bit of the current ipo, but I know several people who were waiting until the last day to buy. I was planning on buying more on the last day as well.

In my opinion, if the ipo is pushed back a month, it must absolutely proceed after that no matter what.
A month might also be too much additional time.
How about pushing it back a week, and putting more effort in getting the word out?

Just my two cents, I am only a simple conga.
I would want a full refund of my 0.5BTC if the ICO was extended any further on C-Cex.

On the other hand I am happy to stay onboard once I know exactly what I'm signing up to. Specifically, I would be looking for the following:

1. A full-Time Dedicated Community Manager in place focused on Twitter, IRC and Bitcointalk.
2. A clear marketing strategy, including giveaways that can be redeemed for goods and services to the general, non-tech savvy public.
3. A dated, detailed real-world roadmap for rollout including introduction of iOS and Android wallets/apps

T

Work in progress Smiley

With all due respect, crypto is a vicious sharkpit. Saying that CKC is a work in progress and hoping for the best is like dipping a towel in blood, tossing it in the water and thinking life is good.

Point taken! Realize though that CKC is a work in progress. There's a lot of people that have been working hard on getting Checkcoin to where it is now. This does not happen by sitting around and hoping for the best. We have not yet talked to C-CEX about extending our ICO. If this is something the people want, we will introduce a refund policy that will allow you to get a full refund of your BTC.

Hope you'll stay on board.
Ubermaster

T

Work in progress Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1120
B.

Unless you decide to award earlier investors with more CKC, otherwise they will be punished with dillution.

And let's say you decide on A. Are you sure you're going to gather enough funds if you weren't able to do it in one whole month? Do you think people are going to invest a whole lot more than they did in previous month? Let's say you got 50B instead of 20. Surely that's not enough is it?

I don't think your problem is not enough funds raised. That's just an effect. Do you see how much B people throw at some projects out there? In what areas are those projects different than yours? If you plan on getting a bunch more B invested in one more month of fundraising without changing much ... i think you'll be getting more of the same.

Oh btw. I find it a bit strange that you planned on raising 140B, which is rounded 70k$. So your company, which I assume is a good standing company, doesn't have this funding on their own?

T

Work in progress Smiley
Activity: 326
great to see everybody's putting out different idea's, i really suggest you take all the advice you can get here dev. this community will help you get really far.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
I've been on the fence whether I want to invest in this or not, but I do suggest that you should decide if you extend or not... BEFORE the current ICO ends. It'd just annoy people if you wait until the ICO is over, then tack on another month.

Looking at that roadmap I see sort of a major problem, whichever road you take. That long delay between wallet release/exchanges + development of geolocation software. 2-3 months is like 2-3 years in crypto time. You really need to put in some short term goals, or I expect a lot of dumping after the ICO ends.

Saying it won't be until Feb/April of 2015 before the product is fully functional is sort of a scary thought, to be honest.
Activity: 350
i would prefer extending the ico and having everything finished sooner

but : what happens if the ico is extended but sells out earlier ?
Ubermaster
Whichever path you do choose to take, PR has to start as soon as trading begins, and must remain in place indefinitely.
Once you're listed on an exchange you can't just leave the coin to market forces. It will struggle and it becomes extremely vulnerable to FUD.

If you take what happened with Syscoin, once the price dips beyond the ICO price, all hell breaks loose and with new coins being introduced daily, it becomes an upward struggle to turn things around.

T
Jump to: