Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CRC] Craftcoin - Portable Minecraft Game Currency w. Economy Plugin - page 20. (Read 92271 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100
Actually the update did not affect the coin any. The update won't even cause a fork. @Russ this patch is perfect for your coin. It is an easy fix that will prevent flash mining by 3 hour block readjusts:36 blocks.
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
I realize it is not my place to discuss what other miners and pool owners are doing for or against this coin. I feel that it is imperative that we all are on the same page.
FYI there was discussion on an exchange where people were placing a high priority on this unapproved "fix", they were trying to get a new pool established with the new code. It is very likely that these 5 or so people have already done damage to this coin. I am sure I don't need to name names.
Activity: 156

It's not a "No" but it's definitely not a "Yes" - Lets just say I'm keeping our options open for a day or two.

Rapid adjustment can, on the one hand, simply allow any attackers or hopping pools to push the diff even higher before abandoning the coin again.  I wish I had better input to give but I'm stumped by this one - as long as it's coins vs miners it seems most other types of development and innovation are going to have to stop (or at least slow way down) until someone figures out a long term fix for this.

This is exactly my reservation with this type of fix.
Activity: 196

It's not a "No" but it's definitely not a "Yes" - Lets just say I'm keeping our options open for a day or two.

As one of the only alts to try and develop a unique infrastructure before announcing yourselves, I think there are plenty of people happy to give you the time you need.

Rapid adjustment can, on the one hand, simply allow any attackers or hopping pools to push the diff even higher before abandoning the coin again.  I wish I had better input to give but I'm stumped by this one - as long as it's coins vs miners it seems most other types of development and innovation are going to have to stop (or at least slow way down) until someone figures out a long term fix for this.

In the meantime a sudden attempt to hard-fork someone else's coin while the dev is still actually working with it is a pretty lame-ass maneuver.
Activity: 156
Someone hardforked craftcoin and went back 50 blocks to reset difficulty.
I had to delete my blockchain for this to take effect.

addnode=199.180.115.100

+

Quote from: justin7674
To be honest. Blindfolded fucked the network. He literally ditched it. I am the developer for the java plugin and he has just up and left. HE IS GONE THIS COIN IS DEAD AND DOESNT DESERVE ITS SLOT ON CRYPTSY

I am removing the java plugin and making it compatible for bottlecaps. Everyone move on from this thread.

+

There is no risk in testing the client from another computer. But, your loss. There is a pool that has reviewed the code and is agreeing to post a new pool to set the chain in place and unfreeze it. Nobody's transactions or money will be lost!

It's pretty (very) obvious that you do not really know what's going on. Essentially anyone on this forum could have implemented your 'fix', it's a temporary measure at best and needlessly introduces potential risks. Releasing the client and attempting to gain hashrate without approval is definitely on the edge of malicious.

"Your loss." Hm right, because those who do not decide to join your little fork would be left with devalued coins. Nice.

Forgive me if I do not find your references very impressive, especially after your baseless little outburst.

Anyways, as SaltySpitoon already mentioned,  nodes with a seemingly better height are going to be seen by the client and they will not be rejected immediately. The lack of node consensus is  not going to help anything, as such an insignificant edit means this will not be the last crc fork and the needless division of non-malicious network hashrate is entirely counter-productive. 

I say that you should all wait for a *real* fix, not a simple reduction in adjustment period.  Empirical evidence has already shown such a simplistic change is not a long-term solution to the problem of highly variable hashrate and introduces new potential risks.

Anyways, I hopefully didn't need to point any of the above out and you are all aware of what highly irregular coin generation can do to small economies.

This is a good springboard for what I wanted to reply. One of the reasons I haven't been quick to apply this fix is because I am unsure of its effectiveness. Simply lowering the max re-target, and shortening the time span for re-target isn't a real fix IMO. A patch? possibly (possibly not)... The simple fact is that this doesn't fix the root of the problem. In fact it could compound it even more if the network gets 2-3 solid days of high hashrate (which is likely to happen).

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1084
Until these 2 sites get updated with the "new" wallet I will not be doing any downloading of the files.

https://github.com/craftcoin/craftcoin

http://craftcoin.net/download.html

Exactly, the update is being "reviewed", that isn't a reason to put it into usage.

If it is rejected, then all mining on the fork is wasted.
efx
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Someone hardforked craftcoin and went back 50 blocks to reset difficulty.
I had to delete my blockchain for this to take effect.

addnode=199.180.115.100

+

To be honest. Blindfolded fucked the network. He literally ditched it. I am the developer for the java plugin and he has just up and left. HE IS GONE THIS COIN IS DEAD AND DOESNT DESERVE ITS SLOT ON CRYPTSY

I am removing the java plugin and making it compatible for bottlecaps. Everyone move on from this thread.

+

There is no risk in testing the client from another computer. But, your loss. There is a pool that has reviewed the code and is agreeing to post a new pool to set the chain in place and unfreeze it. Nobody's transactions or money will be lost!

It's pretty (very) obvious that you do not really know what's going on. Essentially anyone on this forum could have implemented your 'fix', it's a temporary measure at best and needlessly introduces potential risks. Releasing the client and attempting to gain hashrate without approval is definitely on the edge of malicious.

"Your loss." Hm right, because those who do not decide to join your little fork would be left with devalued coins. Nice.

Forgive me if I do not find your references very impressive, especially after your baseless little outburst.

Anyways, as SaltySpitoon already mentioned,  nodes with a seemingly better height are going to be seen by the client and they will not be rejected immediately. The lack of node consensus is  not going to help anything, as such an insignificant edit means this will not be the last crc fork and the needless division of non-malicious network hashrate is entirely counter-productive. 

I say that you should all wait for a *real* fix, not a simple reduction in adjustment period.  Empirical evidence has already shown such a simplistic change is not a long-term solution to the problem of highly variable hashrate and introduces new potential risks.

Anyways, I hopefully didn't need to point any of the above out and you are all aware of what highly irregular coin generation can do to small economies.

Activity: 213
Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s
Me 2... Intently!!! i have placed my backup rig on your pool in case i miss the time you update! when you do i will also place my larger rig on crc.scryptmining

http://crc.scryptmining.com will update whenever official github is updated.

Watching this thread.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
http://crc.scryptmining.com will update whenever official github is updated.

Watching this thread.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
Speaking as a CRC user, the thing that concerns me most here, is not Justin's ability or intentions, its that if for whatever reason Blindfolded disapproves of the change, and the forked chain has already gone ahead and made any significant amount of traction, it will be a massive pain trying to fix the fix. It will be node hell, upon the return to the original, the client will be looking for the best height and difficulty, and will not know to ban the existing nodes created by the fork, causing all sorts of syncing errors and issues.
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
Until these 2 sites get updated with the "new" wallet I will not be doing any downloading of the files.

https://github.com/craftcoin/craftcoin

http://craftcoin.net/download.html
so what your saying is it's time to put my 2 mhash to it?  how long do you think 10 blocks would take at 16mhash (network speed once i join)

The diff doesn't seem to be changing. What's holding it?

The update changes the diff calculations.  It updates faster than before.  However, there is still a need to actually find the next few blocks at (relatively) high diff.

There still hasn't been an official confirm, just that the change will be looked at.

+1 should be about 10 more blocks and it readjusts. After this it will readjust every 36 blocks. We repaired the max mint every day because the previous wasn't matching the amount of blocks generated every day.

The update changes the diff calculations.  It updates faster than before.  However, there is still a need to actually find the next few blocks at (relatively) high diff.

There still hasn't been an official confirm, just that the change will be looked at.

+1 should be about 10 more blocks and it readjusts. After this it will readjust every 36 blocks. We repaired the max mint every day because the previous wasn't matching the amount of blocks generated every day.
It would be best if you point your miner at : http://198.50.233.9:8830/static/

naw i'd rather stick with scryptmining i can't stand p2pools
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1084

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
It would be best if you point your miner at : http://198.50.233.9:8830/static/
wait does all this mean i should point my miners back @crc.scryptmining again?
Activity: 196
I would highly advise against downloading the new client for this moment. Justin, I'm glad you are helping, but I think it would be a good idea if before releasing the client, you allow Blindfolded to check it over. If nothing else, to just double check to make sure there aren't any mistakes and that your solution will truely help the situation in the more than immediate future.

+1 for that.

As soon as I can pull this from the official craftcoin repository I'll be happy to move forward with it.
Sorry, I will have that corrected tonight.
Pages:
Jump to: