Author

Topic: [ANN][CRYPT] CryptCoin x11 + PoS | P2P Anonymity | 0% Premine | Commander - page 127. (Read 512674 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
idling irc is your best source of news.  mindfox pops on occasionally.

the general consensus is something is brewing.

as far as i am aware he is focusing on actually working, rather than hyping rumor news etc.

In general if a dev sets a deadline and misses it a shitstorm ensues.  So in this case no news is good news.

Also if its a ninja news release, there is no buy on rumor sell on news bs that you usually see.  If the features are genuinely good we should see a nice spike in buys and thus price.

Cheap as chips now.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
No news about ETA or how much time we have to wait till release?Anything from mindfox about development stage?
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
optical illusion
Saw this today: "The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

buying / hodling crypt, yes plz!
Activity: 955
Merit: 1004
Liberals are scammers.  I'm a republican.  I'm a con man if anything!   Grin
Activity: 28
Cant a guy make a joke???
Activity: 42
Dammit vidarh, you're blowing my plan!  I was hoping I could bullshit someone into thinking they got the most fantastic deal ever, while making a fair 470,000 satoshi per coin profit for myself.

Some of my schemes would work better if the other people involved were dumber.

Oh well, it was worth a try!   Grin

Well well, Sr. Member ..  Scamming scum you are.. What's the matter ? Can't make a profit trading ?
Activity: 11
Dammit vidarh, you're blowing my plan!  I was hoping I could bullshit someone into thinking they got the most fantastic deal ever, while making a fair 470,000 satoshi per coin profit for myself.

No. It wasn't.

Activity: 37
Not entirely.  If someone arranges to buy from me at X satoshis per, and the price of CRYPT blasts way over that price right after, then I could conceivably end up paying MORE for the coins than what they do.  Then they have coins they essentially got at a discounted price, and I would be the one paying out the ass for them.

See the benefits now? Roll Eyes

No, we don't see the benefits now, because it is essentially handing you free money, since nothing stops you from covering instantly, so you are proposing a ridiculous markup for a risk window that could be as low as minutes depending on how you structure the deal.

The amount of time the contract gives you to cover is pretty much irrelevant with the insane example markups you're suggesting.

It makes no sense for anyone to pay you _anything_ more than the market rate, instead of simply buying at the market rate. In fact, it would be more reasonable if you offered below current market rates, given that people take the risk that you will prove *unable* to cover, and there is no benefit for them in taking the deal unless they'll pay less than buying in the open market right now.

And your claim that they'd essentially get the coins at a discounted price is simply nonsense - if your price is higher than the current market rate, and the price goes above your price, then people would get an even greater discount by just buying at the market rate now. Less risk, lower cost.

Not entirely.  If someone arranges to buy from me at X satoshis per, and the price of CRYPT blasts way over that price right after, then I could conceivably end up paying MORE for the coins than what they do.  Then they have coins they essentially got at a discounted price, and I would be the one paying out the ass for them.

See the benefits now? Roll Eyes
My examples of cover times in 15 day increments are only for example purposes.  We could make it 11 days, 27 days, 31 hours and 15 minutes, etc.  Whatever amount of time the buyer / investor wants it to be.  

I also understand the skepticism on the side of me getting the BTC payment first.  Short of escrow, all I can say for that is that I have thought out this plan and I know it can work out very well.  And irrespective of the amount I pay for the coins to fill the order, when the coin price goes above the buyer's cover price they still make a nice profit.

The cover price is also flexible, and was stated as 500,000 satoshis for illustration in this example.  We can make it 300,000, 400,000, 650,000, whatever.

I'm the one who is taking the responsibility of delivering to the customer the agreed on amount of coins, and my investor has enough resources to make it happen.  My worst case risk is that I end up owing him if the coin price skyrockets overnight while I'm in bed.

You are asking people to bet on the price of crypt, and on you...  People can buy cryptcoins now, and have a safer bet, than what your offering, and they don't have to take the extra risk of betting on you.
My examples of cover times in 15 day increments are only for example purposes.  We could make it 11 days, 27 days, 31 hours and 15 minutes, etc.  Whatever amount of time the buyer / investor wants it to be.  

I also understand the skepticism on the side of me getting the BTC payment first.  Short of escrow, all I can say for that is that I have thought out this plan and I know it can work out very well.  And irrespective of the amount I pay for the coins to fill the order, when the coin price goes above the buyer's cover price they still make a nice profit.

The cover price is also flexible, and was stated as 500,000 satoshis for illustration in this example.  We can make it 300,000, 400,000, 650,000, whatever.

I'm the one who is taking the responsibility of delivering to the customer the agreed on amount of coins, and my investor has enough resources to make it happen.  My worst case risk is that I end up owing him if the coin price skyrockets overnight while I'm in bed.

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.
Latium coin. hmmm sounds quite ok...

http://latium.cc/?a_aid=53b87c5c83d1e

stop spamming this shit in all these threads

that coin is shit
Activity: 37
I am bringing a new level of speculation to this coin.  With the help of an investor, I am short selling CRYPT coins with a 0-90 day cover time.  The price on the coins will be 500,000 satoshis each.  I can either fill the orders by buying the coins or taking them from my own stock.

The way this works is, you will place an order with me now for X number of coins, at a price of 500,000 satoshis each.  Then that order is paid in full.  It is then agreed that I have up to 90 days to deliver the coins to you.  The risk for me and the gain for you is when the coin price rises, you end up making profit.  If the reverse happens, it is my risk and my loss.  

Either I'm badly misunderstanding you, or you're describing this really badly, or you're out of your mind and/or looking to fleece someone.

The current price on Cryptsy is <30,000 satoshi. There's no upside for anyone but you in entering into an arrangement like the one you appear to have described instead of simply buying in the market. While you *could* of course take the risk of waiting for a further drop, you could also turn right around and buy. Even if the volume is high and you end up driving the price up to, say 50,000 the contract you outline would give you a 10x return overnight with very low risk.

Setting a long time to cover in this scenario only makes sense if the intent is to make people think you're taking a risk, as the "risk" for you is that the price rises over 500,000 satoshi from you receive the funds from a customer and until you manage to turn around and buy to cover. Given the massive spread between the market price and the price you state, that risk is miniscule, given that you could turn right around and buy even fairly large volumes in minutes and still get a crazy margin.

For this contract to make *any* sense for anyone but you, the price needs to be lower than the current market price, to reflect the increased risk a buyer takes over buying directly in the market.

Did you shift a decimal point?

I am bringing a new level of speculation to this coin.  With the help of an investor, I am short selling CRYPT coins with a 0-90 day cover time.  The price on the coins will be 500,000 satoshis each.  I can either fill the orders by buying the coins or taking them from my own stock.

The way this works is, you will place an order with me now for X number of coins, at a price of 500,000 satoshis each.  Then that order is paid in full.  It is then agreed that I have up to 90 days to deliver the coins to you.  The risk for me and the gain for you is when the coin price rises, you end up making profit.  If the reverse happens, it is my risk and my loss.  

We can change the duration of the contract time if you want.  15, 30, 45, 60, 75 days, etc.  Depending on the price of CRYPT coins I anticipate being able to cover the deals in a much shorter time frame, but the short sale time frame is the amount of time I have, as a maximum, to deliver within.

PM me with how many coins you want.  Payment in BTC is accepted.

This makes no sense , anyone can buy crypt now for under 500,000 sat
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

We can change the duration of the contract time if you want.  15, 30, 45, 60, 75 days, etc.  Depending on the price of CRYPT coins I anticipate being able to cover the deals in a much shorter time frame, but the short sale time frame is the amount of time I have, as a maximum, to deliver within.

So you're betting Crypt is not gonna arrive till 500,000 satoshis for the next 90 days. Can I know why you're doing this?

Anyway it sounds like you can take my coins and run away.

Activity: 6
Wait!(week-two) and you be rewarded. no more comments.
Activity: 490
Merit: 280
I've been away from CRYPT for a little. Has there been any bigs news or anything?

What's the status of anon at this point? Is the commander headed for a full release?
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Very good points! I agree with you here. I do have coins at that address owned by Cryptsy and yes this would seem the case. My point was to create something outside of Cryptsy that I would hope CryptCoin is working on. I was just showing how it transpires currently and I think this would be the best way to Anonymize. You wouldn't need a mixer just an internal ledger that bases its address creation from your main wallet. So that only the send or receive addresses would link to you and relate itself to the BlockChain to create the sum of your wallet. The Sender and Receiver would be the only ones able to access their transaction info.

If some entity really wants to defeat a coin wouldn't they just block the IP's on the ISP? Authorities could shut off access.

Block which IP's? It's peer to peer. They'd have to block way too many IPs to get anywhere, with massive collateral damage.

I don't agree that an internal ledger is a viable way to anonymise for the reasons I gave: They are too easy to compromise. Too big targets. Especially if you're a government and can serve subpoenas.  Many, independent nodes is better, but then too you have the problem that the nodes needs to be trustworthy, even though a compromised or unreliable node would cause less damage.

Ultimately I don't think true 100% anonymity will be feasible. *Maybe* theoretically possible, but not even that is certain, but the constraints necessary to e.g. avoid weaknesses down to network analysis and timing attacks are so severe that I doubt any coin will manage to get there. At least not the first 10 tries. The question we're left with is how much anonymity is enough for it to be worthwhile over just trusting a suitable exchange.

Oh I was talking about blockchain nodes being blocked. Isn't there distributed pools or node list to protect against 51% attacks? I see DDoS and unassociated packets happen all the time on certain coins.
Jump to: