Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Curecoin beta pool test - user limit lifted - Lets hit the Mile Stone 1200R - page 2. (Read 12833 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I just found out about core 17.  Upgrading to it was a pain.  I had to put the flag in, install the core manually, delete the old work and database, and even hide Core 15 in order for my computer to resort to using Core 17.  Now, I've got slightly higher PPD, but it still seems like nothing compared to what others are getting.  Does 31K for Quadro K5000M sound right?

did you put the flag in on the shortcut? or in the client option menu? the flag is in too spots, and you have to change the option on the shortcut or it will try to boot into another option.

I did see someone else has a similar problem... The curecoin.us site is up, we will be putting guides there soon.
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
I just found out about core 17.  Upgrading to it was a pain.  I had to put the flag in, install the core manually, delete the old work and database, and even hide Core 15 in order for my computer to resort to using Core 17.  Now, I've got slightly higher PPD, but it still seems like nothing compared to what others are getting.  Does 31K for Quadro K5000M sound right?
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
For some reason, my 7970 cards are only reporting around 80000 on core 17. My 7950s report around 75000 for themselves.

For anyone curious, XFX 7970 GHOST cool cards, no custom firmware, slight slight overclock, no undervolt (can't without custom FW), on a single-core processor. I'm wondering of that Sempron 145 Sargas is screwing me up. Anyone here have some insight into the folding world as to what a 'balanced' system is, and whether two GPUs can run fine from a unicore machine? Cheers Cheesy

Edit: I'm guessing it's related to the single-core, as there are times when that core jumps up to 100%. I am of course not telling the machine to fold on the processor, but 100% folding from a core_17 running isn't conducive to multi-gpu setups on single-core CPUs. Smiley
glc price is doing good... i guess its time to up the payout though....

Upping payout to 8000 GLC per round from 4000 !!!!  this leaves enough for another ~14 days of folding, and at this point should be well worth it to help the team out.

Dont forget about the bounties... it looks like its about equal to 100$ usd in bounties ( search curecoin bounty thread)
Activity: 126
Guys - even though this is just the test pool, I think it's the beginning of something that's going to make history in the crypto/distributed computing world.

Check this out: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=224497
Report generated on    20:58:24 August 04, 2013
Date of last work unit    2013-08-04 09:08:02
Active CPUs within 50 days    133
Team Id    224497
Grand Score    5034623 (certificate)
Work Unit Count    2249 (certificate)
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate)    1813 of 218636

This TEST pool has driven the Curecoin group to 1813th of over TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND teams in what? Ten days? As of this post, there's only 66 members on the team. I've been keeping my eye on the team ranking and it continues move up in ranks. If you're not interested in throwing some GPU power (or even a CPU) toward this project for the current payouts of GLC/profit, consider hoping on board because this is very likely just the beginning.

I've just been a hobbyist miner with just a single 7850 (and perhaps I've also been a bad investor in LTC), but this idea and what could become of it is the first time I've thought about buying a additional hardware to hash/fold. It took me all of five minutes to download the F@H client and register there and with the pool - look at the OP, and jump on board - you can be part of this.

Yeah, this team is making some big waves and we only got a few big rigs on here! Currently I feel the GLC is not a great incentive (I personally donate it back to the pool) but its enough to keep some of them on. Rank 1200 in ~1 week if we don't get any resurgence in folding power.
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
So what's the tentative day for the release of the Coin For Disease Control (beta thingy)?

we are trying to get the payout system tuned fairly, still a work in progress.

One a good note, team curecoin has hit 5,000,000 + point mark. currently around rank 1800.

Gratz to the folders, your team is kicking ass!

Take a look at the pool, payout logic has been adjusted again, and is more evenly disturbed now.
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Guys - even though this is just the test pool, I think it's the beginning of something that's going to make history in the crypto/distributed computing world.

Check this out: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=224497
Report generated on    20:58:24 August 04, 2013
Date of last work unit    2013-08-04 09:08:02
Active CPUs within 50 days    133
Team Id    224497
Grand Score    5034623 (certificate)
Work Unit Count    2249 (certificate)
Team Ranking (incl. aggregate)    1813 of 218636

This TEST pool has driven the Curecoin group to 1813th of over TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND teams in what? Ten days? As of this post, there's only 66 members on the team. I've been keeping my eye on the team ranking and it continues move up in ranks. If you're not interested in throwing some GPU power (or even a CPU) toward this project for the current payouts of GLC/profit, consider hoping on board because this is very likely just the beginning.

I've just been a hobbyist miner with just a single 7850 (and perhaps I've also been a bad investor in LTC), but this idea and what could become of it is the first time I've thought about buying a additional hardware to hash/fold. It took me all of five minutes to download the F@H client and register there and with the pool - look at the OP, and jump on board - you can be part of this.
back to normal  Grin todays points are updated

Any reason my valid points dropped from ~35k to 19547? Might still be that bug lingering :p I'm not worried but dunno if it affects anything/other users.

Keep up the good work!

i made an adjustment to how many days back points are counted against. the end result will be a system that pays based on points going back 24 hours, since this is the longest a WU  usually will take.

With the first payout schedule the little folders were not getting there fair share, since we were taking total points from a 5 day period.

so the payout system is looking more like what the curecoin plan is now, payout per 24 hours of folding. You should see a more even spread of the share now to all the folders.

Thanks for the explanation. Maybe change it from "Your Total Folding Points" to "Folding Points within 24 hours" as to avoid confusion?
CureCoin Lead Dev
So what's the tentative day for the release of the Coin For Disease Control (beta thingy)?

there is still about 140k GLC in the folding pool fund, we plan on using it up to make sure the payout logic is going to be stable and reliable before the beta curecoin.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
CureCoin Lead Dev

Any reason my valid points dropped from ~35k to 19547? Might still be that bug lingering :p I'm not worried but dunno if it affects anything/other users.

Keep up the good work!

i made an adjustment to how many days back points are counted against. the end result will be a system that pays based on points going back 24 hours, since this is the longest a WU  usually will take.

With the first payout schedule the little folders were not getting there fair share, since we were taking total points from a 5 day period.

so the payout system is looking more like what the curecoin plan is now, payout per 24 hours of folding. You should see a more even spread of the share now to all the folders.

Keep up the good work!
pool is down ?

Having one really small glitch that is turning out to be a big pain in the ass.... working on it...

ah... fixed it... will be back up and going in a few minutes.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Since we need some extra steam to get to that 1200 rank quick, I am putting up a bounty!

The person with the highest 24 hour total once we hit rank 1200 will get 0.15 BTC! I will be using kakaostats (http://kakaostats.com/tsum.php?t=224497) to get this information. Lets get to rank 1200 Cheesy

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean 24 hours prior to the rank 1200. So say we hit 1200 on Aug 5 at 04:00 UTC, all points from Aug 4 at 04:00 UTC to Aug 5 at 04:00 UTC will count.

Awesome, the bounties for folding are really starting to stack up. We got a donation of Prime coin to give out too!!!

please add your bounties you create in the bounty thread so so everyone can see all the bounties in one spot
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=193084.60

Project is coming along nicely, the current pool has a total of 160k GLC in it to give out to folders !

Latest donation to the cause by forum member yeltz - donated another 50k !

With the increase in price of glc, and its addition to cryptsy, this project is starting to get profitable for folders already in its alpha testing stage.... i cant wait until the day i post official curecoin builds, we are going to make a huge difference in medical science.

I've already done this, if you could add it to the OP that would help as well Smiley
CureCoin Lead Dev
Since we need some extra steam to get to that 1200 rank quick, I am putting up a bounty!

The person with the highest 24 hour total once we hit rank 1200 will get 0.15 BTC! I will be using kakaostats (http://kakaostats.com/tsum.php?t=224497) to get this information. Lets get to rank 1200 Cheesy

Edit: Just to clarify, I mean 24 hours prior to the rank 1200. So say we hit 1200 on Aug 5 at 04:00 UTC, all points from Aug 4 at 04:00 UTC to Aug 5 at 04:00 UTC will count.

Awesome, the bounties for folding are really starting to stack up. We got a donation of Prime coin to give out too!!!

please add your bounties you create in the bounty thread so so everyone can see all the bounties in one spot
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=193084.60

Project is coming along nicely, the current pool has a total of 160k GLC in it to give out to folders !

Latest donation to the cause by forum member yeltz - donated another 50k !

With the increase in price of glc, and its addition to cryptsy, this project is starting to get profitable for folders already in its alpha testing stage.... i cant wait until the day i post official curecoin builds, we are going to make a huge difference in medical science.
CureCoin Lead Dev
is 115k PPD for a 7970 @ 1039/1600 (is folding core or memory intensive ?) and i5 2500K @ 4.3 GHz a little low ?

thanks for pointing a 7970 our way  Wink
is 115k PPD for a 7970 @ 1039/1600 (is folding core or memory intensive ?) and i5 2500K @ 4.3 GHz a little low ?

This sounds like a decent ppd for the 7970 and i5 2500k, but you could probably squeeze some more performance out. Make sure to leave a core open for the GPU to use, it still needs some access to CPU functions. Also this will vary on work units, some have high ppd and some a bit lower.

As for the core/memory intensive, this really depends on what the work unit is doing. Providing a good balance would be best, as you can't control with work units you get.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: