Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Curecoin beta pool test - user limit lifted - Lets hit the Mile Stone 1200R - page 4. (Read 12833 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
New user melnikalex1 just fired up the big rigs and popped up to 2nd place on the team in one day. Looks like they have 8 gpu's total pointed to the project, and already at 344738 points in about 24 hours. Awesome folding power !!! Thanks for joining the team. Its quite shocking to see the numbers of how a few bitcoin miners can compare to the big teams.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=224497

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=224497

It's exactly how I've been feeling about it so far.  It's a token system and not a cryptocoin.

As of right now it is just a "token system". Details are spread out amongst the posts, i know its sorta cluttered and hard to find all the current details in one spot, but yea, its not fully launched yet.

This is a test of the folding payout broadcast system, this is only a test.

The official curecoin will be released after a few options for payments to folders is tested.

Patience young skywalker....

Regardless of all the current short comings the fact remains that the folding team Curecoin is raising ranks faster than any other folding team.

Surely some credit is due somewhere. Its not like we are tricking you into doing something evil with your hash power or not trying to pay you at all...

current team rank 2,330

Ill update the 2nd post and try to explain this better so this info is easier to find. And please dont say we are intentionally misleading people, that is quite misleading.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
It's exactly how I've been feeling about it so far.  It's a token system and not a cryptocoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Curecoin team is exceeding all expectations of folding power for this test phase.

We are moving towards Rank #1 almost as quick as the 1200R milestone.

There will be at least 2 more stages before the official curecoin is launched. This is to not only perfect the coin but create a stable relationship between Team Curecoin's access to Stanford servers info, along with some extra cheat proof monitoring that Stanford is ready to do. ( I asked stanford to monitor the curecoin users closely for cheating, and they are preparing to do so as you read )

Many thanks to all the contributors.

The time that has gone into the design of the backbone of curecoin is many times that the time that was taken to create many alt coins. The amount of options that have been reviewed is very extensive. The only guarantee is that there has been much consideration and collaboration with professors, economists, biologists, nanoscience experts, the list goes on. Mainly we take input from doctors and med students, and I have a sibling with a masters in the medical field, Ive managed to get a lot of info from her. My cousin is getting a degree in some kind of biology... cant remember the specific field name, but I learned from listeninig to her too.

No worries about above troll post, Ive researched this more than anyone I know (except the research being done by stanford, I cant squeeze out the details of the secret Stanford coin project... They have slipped details but not enough to confirm much). Please understand my intentions are to stop more people from suffering painful non effective cancer treatments (Chemotherapy). If you read into the words of the Stanford Lab teams you will see they have good intentions. They intend to create a nuclear medicine to replace chemo that can target only cancer cells. This is one of many great goals they have, there is plenty of reading to do about folding, google folding@home + "any detail" and you will get answers to all your questions.

Please do some reading about the folding@home project, it is very inspirational, epic use of world wide distributed computing power.
All wonderful - I fully support folding @ home.  But you are being purposely misleading, this is not a cryptocurrency.  The folding is not used as PoW to prevent a doublespend.  You are merely going to hand out some sort of coin in exchange for submitting work units.  I am simply stating this is not a valid comparison to Primecoin. This will never be a P2P decentralized currency.  It is a centralized token system.

Why don't I make AlienCoin - I will give out some sort of "coin" in exchange for submitting work units to SETI@home?
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
Curecoin team is exceeding all expectations of folding power for this test phase.

We are moving towards Rank #1 almost as quick as the 1200R milestone.

There will be at least 2 more stages before the official curecoin is launched. This is to not only perfect the coin but create a stable relationship between Team Curecoin's access to Stanford servers info, along with some extra cheat proof monitoring that Stanford is ready to do. ( I asked stanford to monitor the curecoin users closely for cheating, and they are preparing to do so as you read )

Many thanks to all the contributors.

The time that has gone into the design of the backbone of curecoin is many times that the time that was taken to create many alt coins. The amount of options that have been reviewed is very extensive. The only guarantee is that there has been much consideration and collaboration with professors, economists, biologists, nanoscience experts, the list goes on. Mainly we take input from doctors and med students, and I have a sibling with a masters in the medical field, Ive managed to get a lot of info from her. My cousin is getting a degree in some kind of biology... cant remember the specific field name, but I learned from listeninig to her too.

No worries about above troll post, Ive researched this more than anyone I know (except the research being done by stanford, I cant squeeze out the details of the secret Stanford coin project... They have slipped details but not enough to confirm much). Please understand my intentions are to stop more people from suffering painful non effective cancer treatments (Chemotherapy). If you read into the words of the Stanford Lab teams you will see they have good intentions. They intend to create a nuclear medicine to replace chemo that can target only cancer cells. This is one of many great goals they have, there is plenty of reading to do about folding, google folding@home + "any detail" and you will get answers to all your questions.

Please do some reading about the folding@home project, it is very inspirational, epic use of world wide distributed computing power.

This has been confirmed in an email from Professor Pande. They cant stop cygnus from releasing it anyways, obviously the smartest choice is to be ready for when he does...

We have the green light for the next stages ...

The next stages?  I'm still a bit confused.  Is the 'official' Curecoin going to be a coin with PoS/PoW, or just non-beta pay per F@H work unit?

Great work so far by the way.  I like this graph http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=224497

Can anyone explain the F@H viewer to me?  It's not showing anything (other than the earth city lights at night), no protein though.  Bottom left corner says "Protien: Loading."  Is it not showing anything since I'm only 2% into my project?
Unfortunately, there is no way to do PoW with protein folding since it is not "easy to prove".  Instead, they will be giving out coins whenever you make a submission.  This is not a cryptocurrency like bitcoin.  This is like getting a gold star for sending in work units;)
Activity: 227

This has been confirmed in an email from Professor Pande. They cant stop cygnus from releasing it anyways, obviously the smartest choice is to be ready for when he does...

The next stages?  I'm still a bit confused.  Is the 'official' Curecoin going to be a coin with PoS/PoW, or just non-beta pay per F@H work unit?

Great work so far by the way.  I like this graph http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=224497

Can anyone explain the F@H viewer to me?  It's not showing anything (other than the earth city lights at night), no protein though.  Bottom left corner says "Protien: Loading."  Is it not showing anything since I'm only 2% into my project?
This is all very misleading - this Curecoin is impossible to do.
2 things are required for proof of work
1. Must be difficult to calculate (true)
2. Must be easy to verify (false)

Curecoin cannot be compared to Primecoin because it is not possible to easily verify the results.  Instead, they are simply giving out coins whenever a work-unit it submitted to folding@home. 

By this logic, I can make a SETIcoin based on submitting work units to SETI@Home, but that would be pretty dumb.

Stanford is already preparing for it. ( and probably making their own version as well)

This is all very misleading - this Curecoin is impossible to do.
2 things are required for proof of work
1. Must be difficult to calculate (true)
2. Must be easy to verify (false)

Curecoin cannot be compared to Primecoin because it is not possible to easily verify the results.  Instead, they are simply giving out coins whenever a work-unit it submitted to folding@home. 

By this logic, I can make a SETIcoin based on submitting work units to SETI@Home, but that would be pretty dumb.
interesting stuff about stanford and professor Vijay and bitcoin network

http://www.coindesk.com/should-you-mine-for-profit-or-proteins/
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
soemone tell me in layman's term what the heck is up with this project.

You're rewarded for using the Folding @ Home client and solving Work Units. (like mining shares/blocks for BTC/LTC mining)

And Folding @ Home (http://folding.stanford.edu/) specifically runs protein folding simulations to find cures for diseases like cancer.

Other users have been doing this for years but this is the first project to try to link coin rewards and F@H.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
soemone tell me in layman's term what the heck is up with this project.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Just signed up as "planarshift" on the pool and f@h, and joined the team as well. I'm getting about 32k PPD with my GTX 680. Is that good or bad or average? Tongue

That's the results that you should be getting with corev16(or -). Core v. 17 (with client 7.xx) should get you better performance (like 2x or so). A 680 will probably hit like near 80,000 PPD I think.

Running v7.3.6 ... Wonder why it's so low?

Did you launch it as an advanced client type? Smiley
Activity: 588
Just signed up as "planarshift" on the pool and f@h, and joined the team as well. I'm getting about 32k PPD with my GTX 680. Is that good or bad or average? Tongue

That's the results that you should be getting with corev16(or -). Core v. 17 (with client 7.xx) should get you better performance (like 2x or so). A 680 will probably hit like near 80,000 PPD I think.

Running v7.3.6 ... Wonder why it's so low?
legendary

Activity: 588
too make the pool a bit more fair and still reward the top users with a little extra, im going to implement a system that pays via PPP/PPS and PPLNS at the same time in a hybrid payout system Smiley

so the folders with little power can expect better payout soon, as well as the high power folders.

Also i just doubled the PPLNS payout again, now at 2000 GLC per round.
One of my litecoin rigs (2x7950) is hitting around 168,500 PPD. Sadly, they'll be turning off for the next week, but after that I should be able to contribute three to four of those rigs to the project, assuming it's somewhat profitable. 660,000 PPD would be awesome. Cheesy

wow 168500 ppd per rig.

so the people ive seen hitting 50mhash scrypt  could probably solo their way to the top of the folding list.... Its so great that ati works with folding so well now. Now the cryptocoin community has the upper edge against all the other folding teams. so cool.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=

the number one crusher of folding teams is making 38,448,463 PPD, the team name is [H]ardOCP .

so ~1 mhash script = 168,500 ppd  

so a 50 mhash set of rigs should put out 8,425,000 PPD

the team in 5th place TSC! Russia is putting out 8,341,070 PPD

So certain members of this very forum could literally solo against the #5 highest folding team. I hope the University has lots of extra Work Units for us to do!!!! wouldnt it be nuts if we just finished up all their work units lol. now that would be a good use of electricity. it would advance medical science by an insane rate.

Im guessing when the official coin comes out all the big rigs will get fired up.... i think i remember worldcoin hitting 600 mhash pretty quick after launch. 600 mhash scrypt should convert to 101,100,000 PPD ... which is 2 and a half times the ppd of the #1 ranked HardOCP team. giving the popularity of the first research coin prime coin, numbers could be even higher than WDC launch when curecoin officially launches.

first prime numbers, then medical science... the world is gonna owe the Crypto community a pat on the back!
legendary
One of my litecoin rigs (2x7950) is hitting around 168,500 PPD. Sadly, they'll be turning off for the next week, but after that I should be able to contribute three to four of those rigs to the project, assuming it's somewhat profitable. 660,000 PPD would be awesome. Cheesy
more room for folders

Since the project start a couple days ago the curecoin team went up ~250 ranks to #~2700

Teams in 1200th place have 9 million total points, we have 2.6 million already

Current PPD was just up at 170k, at that rate we are are rank 1200 in about 35 days...

Curecoin team is making more ppd then a bunch of the teams in the top few hundred spots !

I gave out some random bonuses to the little rigs on the team.

I wonder how bad the top teams are gonna QQ when the official curecoin comes out and the curecoin team zooms past all of them  Grin

Pages:
Jump to: