Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Curecoin beta pool test - user limit lifted - Lets hit the Mile Stone 1200R - page 7. (Read 12833 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Hmm, my GPUs are refusing to start folding but my CPUs are going along fine.

But at least I'm listed in the pool now.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
thanks all for testing with me! This is helping me sort out the functions we need!

Stats are a little more comprehensive now... you might see a pending balance by now, or maybe even have a balance. pls download the globalcoin client and input your address so the payout system tests can start

there is a rough estimate of teams total ppd now on the page , and active amount of folders in the team

Wow, I just got balance and future block estimate!!! Cool :-)

Have added my globalcoin address and set auto payout to 1 coin
EDIT: WORKS! received amount in globalcoins :-)

Side note: CDC is name taken by Cloudcoin which was released today

Awesome glad to hear its working. Thanks for letting me know  Smiley
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
thanks all for testing with me! This is helping me sort out the functions we need!

Stats are a little more comprehensive now... you might see a pending balance by now, or maybe even have a balance. pls download the globalcoin client and input your address so the payout system tests can start

there is a rough estimate of teams total ppd now on the page , and active amount of folders in the team

Wow, I just got balance and future block estimate!!! Cool :-)

Have added my globalcoin address and set auto payout to 1 coin
EDIT: WORKS! received amount in globalcoins :-)

Side note: CDC is name taken by Cloudcoin which was released today

Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
Oh, and a little detail id like to leak now.... CureCoin will be doing NVIDIA GPU giveaways   Wink

You mean giveaway for those who run nvidia gpu, or you mean giving avay nvidia cards ?  Shocked

Free Nvidia GPUs  Grin   Will choose winners in multiple ways : Giveaway thread on Curecoin forum ( to be relaunched soon, please no one hack it and delete my site this time... )

Winners will get picked via block finder bounties on mining pools ( non folding )

Winners will get picked via folding stats and randomly ... meaning there will probably be a reward for the top folders on the team, but even someone folding a small amount may win too.

Speaking of my hacked forum... If anyone wants to help me out with building a VERY secure forum... that would be great.
Oh, and a little detail id like to leak now.... CureCoin will be doing NVIDIA GPU giveaways   Wink

You mean giveaway for those who run nvidia gpu, or you mean giving avay nvidia cards ?  Shocked
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
So there's no mining?  You're just paying people to fold?

Yes , right now we are testing a payment system for folding, to be incorporated into curecoin.

Dont worry if your credit does not show up immediately, it can take up to a few hours after your work unit is complete before you get any credit.

My biggest priority is not destroying the stanford folding system in the process of trying to help it, so parts of the system must be tested in small doses. Once CryptoBullion figues out the kinks in this pool things will be looking very good.

Im glad to see that many of the original team members have signed up already - thanks for sticking with me guys! I plan on rewarding all the original users of the team accordingly when the official launch is here.

Ok so I have done my first project, as it can be seen here:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=apbyte

but I don't see myself in http://75.134.182.16:10506/statsAuth

How big is delay before I should appear in this list ?
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
So there's no mining?  You're just paying people to fold?
_EDIT_ Now that we have our 50 testers, and points are starting to stack up, its time to send out some form of coin to complete the most important phase... paying folders!

At this time there is details up in the air about Beta vs Official launch of curecoin. For the time being i have the pool using a globalcoin wallet for testing, this again is make sure all of the functions are in place before we try to launch curecoin.

Global coin is a good test medium for now, it has a small amount of trade volume on coins-e.com, maybe this project will increase that coins value for a short while....

Also Hydroponica offered 10k GIL coins, which i can also include in the payout system... but hopefully by the time i use up my global coin in the test phase we will have the pool plugged into the official curecoin. For now at least we have finally found a way to encourage folding and create payouts.

Please assist in the testing phase by downloading the globalcoin wallet (its safe, been running a GLC pool since it came out). Enter your globalcoin address into the account details. When this test phase is done i will likely leave this beta pool up and going and let people have the choice to fold and receive GLC  until my funds run out.

Reserved  Grin  Grin

updated in 2nd post
We have picked a test coin for the payout system, mainly because i have a bunch of them laying around. After the system is tested and tweaked we will be 1 big step closer to having a working curecoin. There is a lot of work that needs to be done still.  We cant have a curecoin though if we dont figure out a steady way to pay the folders.
Activity: 28
Activity: 622
www.cryptobetfair.com
please add me to the wait list, if one of your 50 testers craps out.  I have been waiting for a coin to do something like this.  I hope sunny King gets involved, I think this is what he wanted to encourage with primecoin.
Activity: 355
Merit: 268
This relys on folding@home if they get comprimised the currency is fucked, is there no decentralised version or database?

This is one of the many reasons we are doing a small test run, with a max of 50 users to start...

We want to iron out the kinks b4 a full launch of the official curecoin.

To answer the most common question - how the hell does this work? Just download the folding at home client from stanfords site, make sure you put your user and team info into the client, and start folding.

More details to come soon im very busy setting up the pool. Now that we have our 50 user test group we are ready to rock!!!

The site should start showing the first public round of updates very soon.

Unless you have the full protein folding source (genesis protein) then there is no point on doing this, there will be a large vulnerability to the network especially when the currency has value.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Does anyone know why when I click on myself I see 0 active clients?
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=apbyte

I have done 19.59% on one of the projects

Active clients will show up once the work unit is submitted AND F@H updates its stats pages.

I've signed up at the pool, throwing my FX 8120 (~12k PPD) at it, since I am on linux my AMD GPU won't work :S

http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=DudeAmI
This relys on folding@home if they get comprimised the currency is fucked, is there no decentralised version or database?

This is one of the many reasons we are doing a small test run, with a max of 50 users to start...

We want to iron out the kinks b4 a full launch of the official curecoin.

To answer the most common question - how the hell does this work? Just download the folding at home client from stanfords site, make sure you put your user and team info into the client, and start folding.

More details to come soon im very busy setting up the pool. Now that we have our 50 user test group we are ready to rock!!!

The site should start showing the first public round of updates very soon.
Activity: 355
Merit: 268
how does it work exactly,

I have signed up with both using username cryptocure.

I see i am solving

You are contributing to project 8074

11982 points per day?

i am part of team  224497

i don't see anything happening in the pool though?

i don't see anyone else in the pool either though only curecoin ?

This is still beta and I think something might happen when you will complete that project, eg 100% of your job part will be done then maybe pool will be able to read you as contributor and show in its stats.

I should hit 100% on first project soon, will report here what happens after that
Activity: 37
I don't understand.  Is the idea to get paid to fold or is this an actual coin similar to primecoin?
Activity: 616
 Sorry.. Maximum User Limit Reached. Please try again later. | Sorry.. Maximum User Limit Reached. Please try again later.
Activity: 622
www.cryptobetfair.com
Pages:
Jump to: