Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Curecoin beta pool test - user limit lifted - Lets hit the Mile Stone 1200R - page 5. (Read 12833 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
7950 make 85K PPD.

To achive that
1. client 7.3.6 was used on Windows (win 8 x64). (There is info that on linux GPU may not work).
2. Folding@home link on the desktop was changed so the only parameter is: --client-type=advanced
3. Folding power set on FULL.
4. As i run client before making client-type advanced there are already working unit was loaded with Core 16, you need to finish that work or to clear it (in my case work was not going on, so i clear it). To clear the work open %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient folder, delete the Work folder, i also deleted FAHControl.db to make things work.
5. FahClient should download Core 17, in my case downloading could not start, as someone changed the web-path of the Core 17. So i download it manually from http://www.stanford.edu/~pande/Win32/x86/ATI/R600/Core_17.fah ( info on that http://fahwiki.net/index.php/Downloading_FAH_Core_files_manually ). From .fah file removed first 512 bytes (0x200) and renamed to FahCore_17.exe, then put it to the %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\FAHClient\cores\www.stanford.edu\~pande\Win32\AMD64\ATI\R600\Core_17.fah\
6. You need to wait 10-15 minutes before client shows that work is goin on, you can check log tab for error messages.

There is that zip containing FahCore_17.exe:
https://mega.co.nz/#!Jc9kEDja!fZNWqlcr-W7VCeBrhWW6IArE1thPPtq7zk_suuqWHHg

--
As compared to litecoin 7950 on FahCore 17:
t *C = 65 / 53
Used memory = 1500 / 40-70 Mb

Intresting, can it be run in parallel at the same time on the same GPU?

--
Celeron 1610 makes only 700 PPD.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
After formatting my mining computer and re-installing windows, my F@H clients are finally working properly

5850 - 13k PPD x 3
6950 - 15k PPD x 2

For a total of around 70k PPD with 5 gfx cards.

Still nowhere close to the 79xx 120k PPD, but I'll take it.

Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
True, all wu's are not created equal, its the nature of the beast 
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Also i have in the works a PPS / PPP style pay system... i think the pplns system is a great way to encourage people to stick with folding because it will take almost a week to build to full pplns benefit.

Don't do that, be realistic, most people even if they want to help a lot, will not be able to run their cpu's 24/7. Including myself

Very good point

I'm not sure what the long run system is going to be.

Someone mentioned the 7850 card getting 4k ppd. I think that card is not really folding friendly. I recommend to use a spare CPU b4 trying to fold on one of the amd cards that don't fold well. This is a chance for nvidia users and people with spare CPU to try something different along the lines of computing for coins.

I did see someone posted 120k ppd with 79xx card... that's smoking fast.

I think I'm gonna drop another 50k glc into the folding pool to give out. So far only put 10 k in it.

Once we hit the 1200 rank milestone the cure coin team will have extra access to detailed stats.. which will enable a lot more features and add a lot of stability to the entire pay for fold idea. We are gonna have to do some more folding to rank up the team. Rank is shooting up fast right now.

I finished my 10 bonus-less WUs so I should be getting ~18k PPD now with my CPU. According to http://kakaostats.com/tsum.php?t=224497, we did 113,981 points in the last 24 hours, which is more than a third of all the points submitted this week (303,350). We're just getting started Grin Should fly through the ranks once everyones getting full points.

As for the AMD GPUs, I am pretty sure the new Core_17 uses OpenCL, which makes them much more AMD friendly. Its also at the mercy of what you're assigned, and I know all WUs are not created equal :p
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Also i have in the works a PPS / PPP style pay system... i think the pplns system is a great way to encourage people to stick with folding because it will take almost a week to build to full pplns benefit.

Don't do that, be realistic, most people even if they want to help a lot, will not be able to run their cpu's 24/7. Including myself

I think it should use this system, as it encourages users to run 24/7. F@H really prefers getting work units done ASAP, and running 24/7 helps that. Also if you don't run 24/7, your already going to experience some drops in points as the bonus points are based on time to complete.

Only flaw I see in a pplns pay out is that updates ideally to the pool would be best tuned to pay out once a day in a larger amount. Since some work units take over 24 hours this would still leave some folders at a disadvantage from losing pplns score.

Keep folding guys if we hit that 1200 rank we all do the happy dance.

Very good point

I'm not sure what the long run system is going to be.

Someone mentioned the 7850 card getting 4k ppd. I think that card is not really folding friendly. I recommend to use a spare CPU b4 trying to fold on one of the amd cards that don't fold well. This is a chance for nvidia users and people with spare CPU to try something different along the lines of computing for coins.

I did see someone posted 120k ppd with 79xx card... that's smoking fast.

I think I'm gonna drop another 50k glc into the folding pool to give out. So far only put 10 k in it.

Once we hit the 1200 rank milestone the cure coin team will have extra access to detailed stats.. which will enable a lot more features and add a lot of stability to the entire pay for fold idea. We are gonna have to do some more folding to rank up the team. Rank is shooting up fast right now.

I think it should use this system, as it encourages users to run 24/7. F@H really prefers getting work units done ASAP, and running 24/7 helps that. Also if you don't run 24/7, your already going to experience some drops in points as the bonus points are based on time to complete.
Activity: 84

Activity: 73
I'm kind of confused, guys.
Right now I've got my 7850 folding and it's looking like I'm getting ~4100ppd....
Is there another client I'm supposed to be using? A setting I missed somewhere?

Version 7.3.6 is the newest, should be fine. Also note that PPD will vary depending on the project/core, so please report that as well.

I am indeed on 7.3.6, The CPU is an Athlon 640.
I'm not sure that it was necessary, but I also added the "client type / advanced" to the GPU slot.
How I long for the days the cgminer confused me.

The client-type=advanced is just to use Core_17, the newest F@H core for GPUs (its not ready for public consumption, think of this as an open beta). This shouldn't be an issue unless your getting a WU that has some issues. The best place to resolve this would be at http://foldingforum.org/.

Also note that bonus points don't start counting until 10 completed WUs have been turned in, and you need a pass key! http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-passkey/

Thank's friend, I'll poke around there.
Right now I've got my 7850 folding and it's looking like I'm getting ~4100ppd....

Version 7.3.6 is the newest, should be fine. Also note that PPD will vary depending on the project/core, so please report that as well.

I'm not sure that it was necessary, but I also added the "client type / advanced" to the GPU slot.

The client-type=advanced is just to use Core_17, the newest F@H core for GPUs (its not ready for public consumption, think of this as an open beta). This shouldn't be an issue unless your getting a WU that has some issues. The best place to resolve this would be at http://foldingforum.org/.

Also note that bonus points don't start counting until 10 completed WUs have been turned in, and you need a pass key! http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-passkey/

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=yltyz

I've had things up and running for some time now, does the client need to complete whatever work it's doing to report? Looks like I'll be waiting another five hours or so.

I think i have enough info to help build the folding payout system, but until we reach the "milestone" mark with the curecoin team im afraid we will have to stick to the Plan B, or Plan C for now....

HRM..... if we could just hit that mile stone....

Plan B and C was CDC coin... (not cloud coin)

I think with the current increase... plus add better payout to the current folding test run... We might be able to hit the mark we need really soon.

What is this milestone im talking about? better access granted to stats for folding teams with a rank of 1200 or better.

sometimes this access can be given if the team is raising ranks fast. currently expected to pass almost 200 teams in 7 days .. at rank ~2800 now

I think waiting for rank 1200 or till access given to extended stats is the way to go... but we will see i guess.

this is not nessacary just my 2 cents... i can build the 2nd phase of the code based around the better stat system (already started it), and hopefully make it an easy update. The minimal system is pretty much built ( the pieces of it... just need to put it all together )

Yea F@H hates my computers.

My 6950s/5850s only get 7k PPD per card now on Work Unit 8900 on Core_17.

I did try Core_16 but I don't remember my PPD.

It doesn't hate your computers, it hates your graphics cards :p AMDs are known to give less PPD than nVidia cards (hence the nVidia giveaway and not AMD).

Yea I know nVidia has the edge on this but on the other forums, according to other users Work Unit 8901 gave AMD 6950 users around 45k PPD per card on Core_17 (client-type=beta). I can't get the 8901 WU or anywhere near those PPD rates.

It's now client type advanced.  Not beta.

And folding no longer HATES AMD.  My 7970 can do 120K PPD.

Good to hear they worked out AMDs performance issues, *almost* makes me want to install windows :p Too bad AMD doesn't care much about linux.

It doesn't hate your computers, it hates your graphics cards :p AMDs are known to give less PPD than nVidia cards (hence the nVidia giveaway and not AMD).

Yea I know nVidia has the edge on this but on the other forums, according to other users Work Unit 8901 gave AMD 6950 users around 45k PPD per card on Core_17 (client-type=beta). I can't get the 8901 WU or anywhere near those PPD rates.

Yup using the client-type=advanced tag but it just doesn't want to work. Sad

I guess I'm doing something wrong somewhere. Even my tray icon has disappeared.

How's the GPU usage?

All at 100%.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

How's the GPU usage?

Activity: 84
Hi CryptoBullion

Not sure if this is relevant or means anything.

About 2 hours ago I got my big project finished and published in folding online stats. This hasn't yet changed my stats in pool. Maybe stats collector or something is off?
I'm soooooo stoked to see this. I actually emailed Professor Pande @ Stanford last month suggesting this kind of possibility (he replied linking me to bitcoin-based work that was already underway at Stanford.

Anyway, I'm totally in, hopefully folding as YLTYZ in the group/pool.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
Pages:
Jump to: