Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCN] Deepcoin secure hashing (CPU/GPU) New algo/ No premine/ No IPO/ PoW - page 5. (Read 182565 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 2
When is the exchange planned?
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Activity: 684
Merit: 500
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Furthermore, while we are working to bring DCN to forefront of the crypto realm, we are also seeking additional software dev talent. Should you happen to be interested, or know someone who may, please feel free to shoot me a PM. Thank you in advance!

When do you guys plan on making a new ANN?

Just working on a few back end things now. Need to make sure all efforts are in line before proceeding.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
Furthermore, while we are working to bring DCN to forefront of the crypto realm, we are also seeking additional software dev talent. Should you happen to be interested, or know someone who may, please feel free to shoot me a PM. Thank you in advance!

When do you guys plan on making a new ANN?
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Yes, thank you Lethax. It may take a while for the initial sync to complete. But it will.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Hi, i would like to mine but don't have wallet and it look's like it didn't sync.
Someone can tell me where i can find wallet and if there is a ccminer available?
Thanks

main wallet will work just add nodes to the deepcoin.conf from the last few pages to get it to connect. use ccminer from tpruvot 1.8.4 algo deep.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Interesting project. I'll help out anyway I can. Keeping a node active for the wallet atm.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
Hi, i would like to mine but don't have wallet and it look's like it didn't sync.
Someone can tell me where i can find wallet and if there is a ccminer available?
Thanks
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
New OP and overhauled website coming very shortly.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
Yep, sorry, dont had the time for an announce :p I was very busy on the z_wallets this week..

So yes, sorry for the "zombie" flag, but its what i found the best to do like of "new" but "old", and also warn because it has no official price... walking dead so :p
Activity: 249
I think we're going to launch a new OP for DCN in an effort to clean things up a bit. Lots of history in this thread, but perhaps too much for newcomers. When the new OP is launched, anything of value that you'd like to transfer over, feel free to do it. We're going to try and include everything of relevance for all new/existing end users. And, of course, the website will be updated accordingly.

Yeah. Be good to summarise and highlight the positive points accumulated throughout the history-to-date, carry those forward.  The algo / secure / power friendly mining / contributions from ftc dev / stealth capable / etc etc.  And at the same time giving everything a facelift to reflect current status.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
when listing on exchange,it will be great.

Novaexchange is worth considering for startups. The've been quick to list some recent launches,
though volume drops off after other exchanges start listing them. It's a foot in the door.
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Excellent, and yeah, I don't think we have much to worry about in the way of ASICs, for now. Those minor differences between QUBIT and DEEP are huge capital differences in terms of manufacturing DEEP-specific ASICs.

I think we're going to launch a new OP for DCN in an effort to clean things up a bit. Lots of history in this thread, but perhaps too much for newcomers. When the new OP is launched, anything of value that you'd like to transfer over, feel free to do it. We're going to try and include everything of relevance for all new/existing end users. And, of course, the website will be updated accordingly.
legendary
Edit: Google back up, Windows binaries available, all download links updated.

Just released cpuminer-opt 3.5.9 with support for Deep for users who can compile their own.
Google is currently down but
git source is updated. Keep checking the link in my sig for updated
download links.

Deep performs very well on the CPU and benefits from many optimizations. I'm not aware of
another cpuminer for Deep to compare with.

cpuminer-opt supports over 50 algorithms with over 20 optimized for CPUs with AES, AVX and AVX2.
Activity: 463
Merit: 256

Actually all thanks to Epsylon3 of yiimp.

Pool is back up and active.

Everyone please hop on and mine there.

when listing on exchange,it will be great.
Activity: 231
Merit: 101
Yes! Just one of the many things in the works. You can thank Antonio8 for that. Smiley

Actually all thanks to Epsylon3 of yiimp.

Pool is back up and active.

Everyone please hop on and mine there.

Very cool that Deep is up! Still had my wallet Smiley Would love to help put Deep back on the map, I'll cook up some application ideas and see what the community thinks.

In the mean time I just threw 60+MH at Yiimp  Grin  And added a node ( moved DCN out of the red ) 4 connections on the explorer now.

Btw Epsylon3 been wanting to say how great Yiimp is, so nice! I have turned all of my fellow miners there.

I've been away from the "commenting" and promoting arena for awhile, I think this might get me going again.
My point was it may not need a new ASIC if the exiting one can run a subset of the qubit functions.
I don't do ASICs, I'm a SW guy.

Point taken.

Maybe once the network reaches a certain size (/value) an asic would be desirable. Until then it's largely a moot point.
legendary
How to mine? Some say qubit, OP says custom DEEPhash algo.

I just use the deep algo from ccminer.

It is in Epsylon3's version.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't asking from a user point of view. I couldn't find a cpuminer for deep,
so I built one. It will be out soon.

Since deep is so close to qubit and qubit has an ASIC miner, how long until deep can be ASIC mined?

You could pseudo say :

(userbase quantity) * (percent of users capable of producing asic) * (likelihood of return) = likelihood of asic production

if yes to production, then time taken = however long it takes to produce an asic

tldr - how long will it take you to make one?   Wink

My point was it may not need a new ASIC if the exiting one can run a subset of the qubit functions.
I don't do ASICs, I'm a SW guy.
How to mine? Some say qubit, OP says custom DEEPhash algo.

I just use the deep algo from ccminer.

It is in Epsylon3's version.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't asking from a user point of view. I couldn't find a cpuminer for deep,
so I built one. It will be out soon.

Since deep is so close to qubit and qubit has an ASIC miner, how long until deep can be ASIC mined?

You could pseudo say :

(userbase quantity) * (percent of users capable of producing asic) * (likelihood of return) = likelihood of asic production

if yes to production, then time taken = however long it takes to produce an asic

tldr - how long will it take you to make one?   Wink
Pages:
Jump to: