Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCN] Deepcoin secure hashing (CPU/GPU) New algo/ No premine/ No IPO/ PoW - page 6. (Read 182565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
How to mine? Some say qubit, OP says custom DEEPhash algo.

I just use the deep algo from ccminer.

It is in Epsylon3's version.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't asking from a user point of view. I couldn't find a cpuminer for deep,
so I built one. It will be out soon.

Since deep is so close to qubit and qubit has an ASIC miner, how long until deep can be ASIC mined?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

I just use the deep algo from ccminer.

It is in Epsylon3's version.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Yes! Just one of the many things in the works. You can thank Antonio8 for that. Smiley

Actually all thanks to Epsylon3 of yiimp.

Pool is back up and active.

Everyone please hop on and mine there.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
Activity: 684
Merit: 500
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Yes! Just one of the many things in the works. You can thank Antonio8 for that. Smiley
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
Got some substantial updates in the works. Stay tuned! Smiley

Looks like YiiMP just put Deep on their site today, congrats. :p

http://yiimp.ccminer.org/
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

Seems like this has a lot of potential, the algo especially, very cool. Goodluck. :p
Activity: 249

Good work webster, keep it up
Activity: 198

Any updates?
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Slowly but surely folks, we are making progress. Feel free to let us know your thoughts!
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
any exchange?

Soon. In fact, I've already confirmed eligibility on one, BUT, we've got to build up the supporting infrastructure first. Namely, mining pools, which is current a WIP.

Other potential initiatives:

Promotional Art / Graphics
Alternative Language OPs - Pending the update of the current OP
Articles Discussing DEEPCoin on Websites/Blogs/etc
Web Wallet
Rich List
Mobile Wallet Apps (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
Tipper Bots (Reddit, Twitter, Youtube, Google+)
Web Shops
Gambling (Dice, Craps, Poker)
Etc, etc...
Activity: 463
Merit: 256
Activity: 548
Merit: 501
Does someone have a synced chain of DCN
Here you go:
Code:
https://transfer.sh/10kFEW/dcnchain.zip
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
Does someone have a synced chain of DCN
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Reaching out to a few pool operators to see if they'll get on board with DCN. Minimum 3 would be ideal to keep hash rate dispersed.
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
You check your PMs? I pulled the info we had form the prior site/main post. Its a bit more robust. If we'd like to continue with the current style, I'd be more than happy to port over the relevant data.

My only qualm as of late with a new announcement thread would be the appearance of it being just a new shitcoin. BUT if we create a new thread that is informative, well thought out, and professional looking detailing EXACTLY why DCN has value, that should help.

And speaking of, that's really what we need to focus on--what separates DCN from the rest. Personally, I still firmly believe that DCN's DEEPHash is amazing and we should market this to miners as such. But we'll need a stable network of pools and what not to accomplish this. If anybody has experience creating pools, please PM me.

As for the AV false positive, Avast flagged it for me. Kaspersky did not. I'm sure it's something simple. This isn't the only wallet that has done this too.
Activity: 249
Just some ideas off the bat...

-We need to create a new Announcement thread, start fresh considering this is a new team managing the coin
-Update that main post. It doesn't really do this coin justice. There's no valuable information to encourage community growth
-Same for the website! I had created the prior DCN site, managed it, etc. We need to update the current site, add valuable information, and move away from the crap that's currently not helping (leading to dead ends)
-Fix the wallet! It is still being flagged as a false positive in some AV!
-Add to Yobit. Its .1 BTC to list

For now, that seems like a good action list. Agreed?

Sounds good!  

-New Ann thread, might not be a bad idea.  Once we have the basics in place to populate it.
-Main bct post and website - I guess there is a bit of overlap there, as in: the main bct post and the website's index page will largely mirror the same info?  someone just has to draft it up. you, xweb? I can help write some copy if wanted, or review and offer input, proofread etc, but you might be best to coordinate it in general?
-Didn't realise there was an AV false positive issue. any details known?  who's handling this?  afaik (from recent thread discussion) it seems Graham and marada at least have some capabilities.  don't know to what extent they are currently committed.
-Yobit, sounds like a good start to get the ball rolling on exchanges - when the time is right. One possible lesson learned from last time, was to be careful not to jump the gun re: getting listed, as trading can peter out quickly (leading to premature delisting) if the listing isn't supported by ongoing fundamentals (development). so it'll be best to have a bit of a roadmap in place first, to keep it driving for the initial several months+...

Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Almost there. Just making sure remote connections/syncing works properly.
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Going to see about building a properly functioning mining pool. Will keep everyone posted.
Pages:
Jump to: