Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCN] Deepcoin secure hashing (CPU/GPU) New algo/ No premine/ No IPO/ PoW - page 7. (Read 182565 times)

Activity: 684
Merit: 500
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Just some ideas off the bat...

-We need to create a new Announcement thread, start fresh considering this is a new team managing the coin
-Update that main post. It doesn't really do this coin justice. There's no valuable information to encourage community growth
-Same for the website! I had created the prior DCN site, managed it, etc. We need to update the current site, add valuable information, and move away from the crap that's currently not helping (leading to dead ends)
-Fix the wallet! It is still being flagged as a false positive in some AV!
-Add to Yobit. Its .1 BTC to list

For now, that seems like a good action list. Agreed?
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Answered my own question. Yes it is. Alright, how can I assist? Let's get this community popping again.
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Is this still operating on the original blockchain?
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
For info:
http://bitzuma.com/posts/op-return-and-the-future-of-bitcoin/

Stealth addresses offer another example of OP_RETURN in action. This scheme enables payments to be received without publicly revealing the receiver's public key or address. Data needed to make this system work are encoded within a call to OP_RETURN. In essence, the coin does double duty as a secure messaging protocol.

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
where can trade?

No exchanges now. We need to rebuild the community, to strengthen the network, to make a step forward in the development.
Then we can think how to resume regular trading. I would expect this coin to remain enthusiast and developers platform until this time.
Unless something unexpected happens Wink.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 510
Really good work Graham.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to compile it, misc error at the final step/s (which I put down to the fact that it's the first time I've done such a thing, as opposed to problems with the code, though I wouldn't really know - detail available if wanted).

Merry Christmas to you too, and many thanks for this unexpected development.

What shall "we" do next??

You may try out this repo https://github.com/marada2/deepcoin/

Please make sure you have installed following packages:
qt4-qmake libqt4-dev libdb5.1++-dev g++ libleveldb-dev libssl-dev libboost-all-dev

Code:
$ git clone https://github.com/marada2/deepcoin/
$ cd deepcoin
$ git checkout new-sx-0.8.7
$ qmake-qt4
$ make

EDIT: I have uploaded binaries here: https://github.com/marada2/deepcoin-binaries
Please read README file and install the appropriate dependencies.

Use that only for fun or testing purposes. Do not connect this client to your main wallet.
Activity: 249
Merit: 100
Really good work Graham.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to compile it, misc error at the final step/s (which I put down to the fact that it's the first time I've done such a thing, as opposed to problems with the code, though I wouldn't really know - detail available if wanted).

Merry Christmas to you too, and many thanks for this unexpected development.

What shall "we" do next??

Activity: 650
Merit: 502
Is Deepcoin still being traded on an exchange anywhere?
Activity: 256
Merit: 60
that is good, I had 1 million deepcoin, but I might have lost the backup so if you hear of someone rotting in IRS jail, it was cuz I lost my deepcoin backup.  The IRS thought forms are very aggressive parasites.   
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
any working node?

Code:
85.93.19.65:53340
217.144.175.147:4282
85.93.19.90:22871
88.98.87.243:55338
85.93.16.112:64402
85.93.13.52:51636

Block explorer - http://explorer.deeptech.pw/

A while ago, I fixed nearly all of the few remaining problems that were preventing Bushstar's stealth address branch from compiling. I successfully created a stealth address and sent it coins. But they stuck at 0 confirmations. I recently figured out why and fixed it, afaict. So I thought I'd roll it out for those remaining to have a play with.

Code is in https://github.com/gjhiggins/deepcoin/tree/new-sx-0.8.7

Code:
$ git clone https://github.com/gjhiggins/deepcoin/
$ cd deepcoin
$ git checkout new-sx-0.8.7
$ qmake
$ make

“New address” dialog box now has a “Stealth Address” checkbox and additional RPC commands are available:

Code:
getnewstealthaddress [label]
importstealthaddress [label]
liststealthaddresses [show_secrets=0]
scanforstealthtxns [fromHeight]
sendtostealthaddress [comment] [comment-to]

Screenshots:

displayed txid is c40b1596f04ff72f8c46584bd80bb8808f61a622e858765329a34058fdad38e9

Merry Christmas.

Cheers

Graham

jox
Activity: 681
Is there any interest in DCN?

Oh hell yes. Haven't you heard??! It's all the world is talking about these days. Trump buys his wigs using DCN exclusively, and Assange pays for his stay at Ecuador Hotel using his Platinum DCN Member credits.  Not to mention of course the upcoming Hollywood blockbuster Deepcoin: The Myths, The Realities. Iirc the Burj Khalifa also only accepts DCN users.

I understand your sarcasm, but anyway, coin is running, website also.
--
Now we have a new developers team (not for cryptocurrencies), Of course we don't develop DeepCoin now, but We can think what to do next.  Smiley maybe we'll come back to Deepcoin, and give a new life.  Smiley

I'm just joking around, Deepers.

Anyway my attempts to foster discussion met with no response, so it looks like it is up to you mate.

Development at this stage would be a welcome surprise. Get on with it, lol.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

Oh hell yes. Haven't you heard??! It's all the world is talking about these days. Trump buys his wigs using DCN exclusively, and Assange pays for his stay at Ecuador Hotel using his Platinum DCN Member credits.  Not to mention of course the upcoming Hollywood blockbuster Deepcoin: The Myths, The Realities. Iirc the Burj Khalifa also only accepts DCN users.

I understand your sarcasm, but anyway, coin is running, website also.
--
Now we have a new developers team (not for cryptocurrencies), Of course we don't develop DeepCoin now, but We can think what to do next.  Smiley maybe we'll come back to Deepcoin, and give a new life.  Smiley

Oh hell yes. Haven't you heard??! It's all the world is talking about these days. Trump buys his wigs using DCN exclusively, and Assange pays for his stay at Ecuador Hotel using his Platinum DCN Member credits.  Not to mention of course the upcoming Hollywood blockbuster Deepcoin: The Myths, The Realities. Iirc the Burj Khalifa also only accepts DCN users.
Activity: 819
Merit: 502
What are the chances this coin can be resurrected?

The blockchain is alive again and slowly moving forward. We need more nodes, more miners, an exchange... and really good idea what to do with this coin as we have September 2016 and crypto world is much different than it was two years ago.
In thinking further... it seems clear that we need to form a group of committed individuals and get a private chat or something going, so that we can actually get things done here. Otherwise nothing is going to happen, if we rely upon one post per month in a bct thread. I'd be in, at least for some initial shared brainstorming and ideas as to if/how to move forward. Anyone else?

If we can get a handful of us in agreement then we can look at starting a channel or something.
Shame DCN didn't get on Poloniex last year. None of the other exchanges turned out to be worth much.
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
Site is still up. Just needs to be updated (along with domain registration) with proper download links. Nodes need to be re-activated. Etc, etc.

http://xwebhosting.org/deepcoin

Pages:
Jump to: