Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCN] Deepcoin secure hashing (CPU/GPU) New algo/ No premine/ No IPO/ PoW - page 10. (Read 182565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
The network is still operational , so If someone takes it over it recover...
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Is this coin dead, or what's the status?
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
just saw mining at suprnova.
can solomine all 92,160 deepcoin per day.  Roll Eyes
WTB some DCN!
PM with price.
Last price at bleutrade was 2.  Grin
Activity: 30
This coin was abandoned by dev  Angry
Activity: 60
Thats the only thing left - good code and working wallet...
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
deep coin is going to be delisted from bleutrade

Is there a working wallet for this coin?
Yep, it seems you are having a conversation on your own  Smiley

Standstill, huh? Is DCB searching for new programmer or is he waiting for Bushstar?
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
400k DCN in those development and bounties wallets, I guess even that would not get any further development.

Convert that to fiat under the current values, that will probably give you your answer Wink

The issue is that every coin has developer(s) with some measure of relevant programming skills. That developer invests their time and skills for (among other things) hope that they can make their investment into something good.  

Here, we have a framework for such a developer to "slot" in to. An "existing brand" if you like, with the tedious basics of starting code and branding already taken care of, and a basic team of marketers and followers, and some exchange support already in place. Just waiting for the right person to take it to the next level. Blow the crypto world away even, maybe, who knows.

Unfortunately these sorts of situations can sometimes lead to "mercenary, fly-by-night, profit-seeking" type coders. All too often in fact, judging by other coins' history.

Hopefully the right person is out there. Deepcoin has always had a lot of potential.

Lol. I understand.

Well, I have always been a fan but got out around the middle. Hopefully someone takes this over, we still have a few miners on suprnova.

I Would like DCN to be forked into proof of stake model (If it can be done, I have no idea). Then I would buy back in and stake without the mining.

Undecided
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
400k DCN in those development and bounties wallets, I guess even that would not get any further development.
Activity: 684
Merit: 500
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
-We are at a standstill with regard to development.

Kinda. The repos has a stealth transaction development branch: https://github.com/Deepcoinbiz/Deepcoin/commits/new-sx-0.8.7.

The work is basically complete except for a few compilation errors arising from inconsistent types migrated in along with the donor code.

https://github.com/gjhiggins/Deepcoin/commits/new-sx-0.8.7 is where I fudged them to get a compilation and added a Travis CI config file (build results) but have yet to double-check that the actual program semantics are being properly respected (uint64 vs uint64_t, mainly).

Might be worth setting up a testnet node, run some tests of the branch code.

Cheers

Graham

Excellent input. Will have a look later this evening.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Mining is still strong @suprnova.
These four/ five miners seem to be strong believers.  Grin
Had to take my 50MH off today because my lease was up at the DataCenter.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
-We are at a standstill with regard to development.

Kinda. The repos has a stealth transaction development branch: https://github.com/Deepcoinbiz/Deepcoin/commits/new-sx-0.8.7.

The work is basically complete except for a few compilation errors arising from inconsistent types migrated in along with the donor code.

https://github.com/gjhiggins/Deepcoin/commits/new-sx-0.8.7 is where I fudged them to get a compilation and added a Travis CI config file (build results) but have yet to double-check that the actual program semantics are being properly respected (uint64 vs uint64_t, mainly).

Might be worth setting up a testnet node, run some tests of the branch code.

Cheers

Graham
Mining is still strong @suprnova.
These four/ five miners seem to be strong believers.  Grin
I spoke with Deepcoinbiz (whom I am going to refer to as DCB) and here's the situation...

-We are at a standstill with regard to development. We all knew that, but now its confirmed. The main dev, Bushstar, has other obligations and cannot tend to DCN at the moment.
-That being said, DCB has some pretty grand ideas but no methods for implementation as his programming experience is not suitable for the tasks to be completed
-DCB does have the time and resources to make sure this works out, but needs some help
-We need to assemble a team (Dev(s), PR, marketing, etc.)

DEEPCoin is still very much so in a position to be revived, if you will. We just need to address the lack of dev support and overall team structure. I can reach out on the social media front, but if anybody here has any contacts we can utilize, at least to start pushing out minor updates here and there, that would be invaluable.

So, shall we begin? Thoughts? Comments? Etc? This is absolutely achievable if we want to make sure all of our continued support has not been in vain.

No comment???
I was trying to trade @ bleutrade.
Deepcoinbiz's last post on bitcointalk on November 30, bushstar's last post also on November 30. They rarely logging on. What the hell is happening?  Huh

Bushstar commited winter sleep.
That was pretty long hibernation.    Embarrassed
Activity: 684
Merit: 500
Veni. Vidi. Vici.
I spoke with Deepcoinbiz (whom I am going to refer to as DCB) and here's the situation...

-We are at a standstill with regard to development. We all knew that, but now its confirmed. The main dev, Bushstar, has other obligations and cannot tend to DCN at the moment.
-That being said, DCB has some pretty grand ideas but no methods for implementation as his programming experience is not suitable for the tasks to be completed
-DCB does have the time and resources to make sure this works out, but needs some help
-We need to assemble a team (Dev(s), PR, marketing, etc.)

DEEPCoin is still very much so in a position to be revived, if you will. We just need to address the lack of dev support and overall team structure. I can reach out on the social media front, but if anybody here has any contacts we can utilize, at least to start pushing out minor updates here and there, that would be invaluable.

So, shall we begin? Thoughts? Comments? Etc? This is absolutely achievable if we want to make sure all of our continued support has not been in vain.

legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
Deepcoinbiz's last post on bitcointalk on November 30, bushstar's last post also on November 30. They rarely logging on. What the hell is happening?  Huh

Bushstar commited winter sleep.
Let's see what we can do to get this baby rolling again...
Let's do something to lift this deeply sunken coin.
Pages:
Jump to: