Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 34. (Read 1201232 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
Who the fuck is John Carvalho?
A youtuber with 6 videos produced, with 1000 visualizations in the most watched?
A guy with 29,000 fake followers on twitter?
He's probably just wanting some attention and to be a dick after reading this Tone Vays comment:

https://twitter.com/ToneVays/status/1081640889469022208

legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
Does someone know why John Carvalho would say that "Decred is an absolute joke". I respect him, and his views on Bitcoin. But I saw his comment on Twitter, and would like to know the legitimate reason why he believes that.

Is there bad history between him, and Decred, or its developers? Is it because he does not believe in on-chain governance?

Gembitz, do not bother trolling. You are in my ignore list.

https://twitter.com/bitcoinerrorlog/status/1081216308044316673

No reasoned maximalist fits into your bill here. Monero is tolerable mostly because they actually make unique design decisions and provide some confidence for privacy value. Same for Grin, but I have a feeling Grin will be a dud or short-lived. Decred is an absolute joke.

He's covertly shilling Decred. Everyone knows it's the shit. Cheesy  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
Does someone know why John Carvalho would say that "Decred is an absolute joke". I respect him, and his views on Bitcoin. But I saw his comment on Twitter, and would like to know the legitimate reason why he believes that.

Is there bad history between him, and Decred, or its developers? Is it because he does not believe in on-chain governance?

Gembitz, do not bother trolling. You are in my ignore list.

https://twitter.com/bitcoinerrorlog/status/1081216308044316673

No reasoned maximalist fits into your bill here. Monero is tolerable mostly because they actually make unique design decisions and provide some confidence for privacy value. Same for Grin, but I have a feeling Grin will be a dud or short-lived. Decred is an absolute joke.

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
Activity: 23
Merit: 0

Who's who? Murad? He has 31700+ followers on Twitter and is highly respected in the Bitcoin and cryptoTA scene
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
Decred are you alive?

Without any doubt this coin is alive and moving forward very well. What is the reason to ask this question if you have any problem than post in this thread I hope your problem will get resolved.

I have a hundred coins from this currency in my desktop wallet and i sold them today because i don't see any increase in the price

Your free to do as you please, however, Decred is the last coin I would sell next to Bitcoin. It could end up being a Store of Value coin, without the drama that bitcoin has. Decred is very fork resistant unlike bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
Nope but i make a huge deal with other alts

And after that they went back to more than 80% loss in relation to ATH, right?
Among the top 50, Decred is among the 8 coins that lost less value in relation to ATH.

He is right from his perspective. Decred is not a coin for speculators but for long term holders. Its a good thing the team does not care for such mentality.
legendary
#mitandopelomundo

And after that they went back to more than 80% loss in relation to ATH, right?
Among the top 50, Decred is among the 8 coins that lost less value in relation to ATH.

Activity: 15
Merit: 10
legendary
#mitandopelomundo
Decred are you alive?

Without any doubt this coin is alive and moving forward very well. What is the reason to ask this question if you have any problem than post in this thread I hope your problem will get resolved.

I have a hundred coins from this currency in my desktop wallet and i sold them today because i don't see any increase in the price

Did you see any increase in bitcoin price this year?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
Decred are you alive?

legendary
#mitandopelomundo
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Decred will only start growing when every Decred holder and member of the Decred community unites under this same understanding.Decred’s best shot at success is becoming widely seen as the second best SoV.
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
Decred: Governance and Funding Reimagined
“Decred’s killer feature is good governance, and with good governance, you can have any feature you want.” – Placeholder VC https://51pct.io/decred-governance-and-funding-reimagined/
Activity: 644
Merit: 18
EXIP A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain ser
I have not followed the development for more than a year, but I can observe that there is significant progress. Decred has good potential and I intend to return and continue to follow the news and development.
legendary
#mitandopelomundo
We have a proposal being voting in Politeia https://proposals.decred.org

Decred Bug Bounty Proposal

What:

I suggest we start a bug bounty program to find security vulnerabilities in decred. This would help us improve our overall security posture and get a fresh set of eyes on our code and websites.

Why:

We do not currently have a formal bug bounty program. A bug bounty program aims to use collective intelligence of many "bug bounty hunters" to find and fix security vulnerabilities.

Many times I observe people visiting our chatrooms and inquiring about a bug bounty program which shows there is a real interest in people who want to find vulnerabilities in decred and report them for an award.Having a formal program will enable us to funnel all reports through one single process and ensure that valid reports are looked at and fixed while keeping away bad reports that take up valuable dev time.

How:

We will have a selfhosted program and use a @decred.org email for getting bug bounty reports.The bug bounty hunters will be sending us PGP encrypted emails of their findings in a predefined format.

We will be using the OWASP Risk Rating Methodology for scoring and prioritizing vulnerabilities (https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Risk_Rating_Methodology)

We will also take into consideration the impact on the decred ecosystem. An RCE in dcrdocs (Low impact) is not the same as an RCE in dcrd or decrediton (Higher impact)
OWASP Risk Rating Methodology

Indicative payout amounts:

Note: up to 300 USD

Low: up to 1,000 USD

Medium: up to 3,000 USD

High: up to 10,000 USD

Critical: up to 25,000 USD

Pages:
Jump to: