Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 389. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 250
We've added Stratum for use at http://pool.mn/dcr with ccminer too:

stratum+tcp://dcr.pool.mn:4800

Thanks oc for the help !
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo

Ok thx  I'll have to keep them on the pool then.

If you are an "advanced" user, you can use the desktop client without gui.
For mac, linux, windows and raspberry pi https://github.com/decred/dcrd/releases
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
As of 2016/2/12 there are left 2163 airdrop addresses unspent. ~27% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/13 there are left 2143 airdrop addresses unspent. ~28% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/14 there are left 2118 airdrop addresses unspent. ~29% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/15 there are left 2093 airdrop addresses unspent. ~30% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/16 there are left 2069 airdrop addresses unspent. ~30% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/17 there are left 2051 airdrop addresses unspent. ~31% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/18 there are left 2036 airdrop addresses unspent. ~31% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of today 2016/2/19 there are left 2034 airdrop addresses unspent. ~32% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins

Yes i checked it twice that's a  2 Grin

Looking good, only two nonbelievers for today.  Grin

Well for now, all the crash and burn nay sayers should read and weep the above stats which are unequivocal

all these guys are holding for reasons only known to them, a continued slow release is healthy for the future

It seems the airdrop has gone quite the opposite that i was expecting it to. I really was thinking that the sales will be a lot higher and the claim rate would be over 80+ at least for now but seems i was very wrong. As for why they haven't claimed yet, maybe they are really interested in the long run. Pretty sure many are also just waiting for a proper GUI wallet so that they could start staking as the other options really just suck.

Maybe these numbers are faked. Sure, "airdrop addresses" exist. But do "airdrop receivers" exist? Who knows?

Checkout the view count: First Decred Block # 1 created Decred is better than Bitcoin

No chance to prove doubters wrong. There will always be doubters.

Sorry if my numbers confirm as to why your numbers.

Sorry, I'm lost. What's your point?
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
You are missing that the webwallet for decred is a hybrid and more likely a web client than a web wallet. With the seed you can restore anytime your wallet because it is not stored online. @decred I am proposing to rename webwallet to DCR WebClient as the actual name is leading to a lot of misunderstandings

This has been raised elsewhere as well and should receive attention. The web wallet is a client that runs in your browser. The name can indeed cause confusion thinking the wallet is somehow stored server-side (which is incorrect), so this is a good point to address.
Hi decred dev...yes....and I have my coins on the pool....but if I were to use a web client where do the coins go..they wouldn't be on the pool..and some say their not on the web client.. so a GUI wallet is needed badly.

Mate this was said gazillion times already. The coins will be stored in a wallet that is located in your browsers cookies. You can restore that wallet anytime using the seed to a future gui wallet or current cli wallet or another web wallet
Ok thx  I'll have to keep them on the pool then.
Activity: 156
Merit: 236
Hi decred dev...yes....and I have my coins on the pool....but if I were to use a web client where do the coins go..they wouldn't be on the pool..and some say their not on the web client.. so a GUI wallet is needed badly.

If you use the web wallet, the DCR goes to your wallet on your computer. The web wallet is just an interface - the wallet sits on your own computer. It is a true wallet, not an account service. But yes, a GUI is crucial - it is the reason RFP0001 is about bringing that forward.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001
You are missing that the webwallet for decred is a hybrid and more likely a web client than a web wallet. With the seed you can restore anytime your wallet because it is not stored online. @decred I am proposing to rename webwallet to DCR WebClient as the actual name is leading to a lot of misunderstandings

This has been raised elsewhere as well and should receive attention. The web wallet is a client that runs in your browser. The name can indeed cause confusion thinking the wallet is somehow stored server-side (which is incorrect), so this is a good point to address.

Mate this was said gazillion times already. The coins will be stored in a wallet that is located in your browsers cookies. You can restore that wallet anytime using the seed to a future gui wallet or current cli wallet or another web wallet

and again: the coins always reside on the blockchain, so indeed, they're on everybody's computer, and only you can access them with your keys. =s keep your seed safe
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
As of 2016/2/12 there are left 2163 airdrop addresses unspent. ~27% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/13 there are left 2143 airdrop addresses unspent. ~28% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/14 there are left 2118 airdrop addresses unspent. ~29% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/15 there are left 2093 airdrop addresses unspent. ~30% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/16 there are left 2069 airdrop addresses unspent. ~30% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/17 there are left 2051 airdrop addresses unspent. ~31% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/18 there are left 2036 airdrop addresses unspent. ~31% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of today 2016/2/19 there are left 2034 airdrop addresses unspent. ~32% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins

Yes i checked it twice that's a  2 Grin

Looking good, only two nonbelievers for today.  Grin

Well for now, all the crash and burn nay sayers should read and weep the above stats which are unequivocal

all these guys are holding for reasons only known to them, a continued slow release is healthy for the future

It seems the airdrop has gone quite the opposite that i was expecting it to. I really was thinking that the sales will be a lot higher and the claim rate would be over 80+ at least for now but seems i was very wrong. As for why they haven't claimed yet, maybe they are really interested in the long run. Pretty sure many are also just waiting for a proper GUI wallet so that they could start staking as the other options really just suck.

Maybe these numbers are faked. Sure, "airdrop addresses" exist. But do "airdrop receivers" exist? Who knows?

Checkout the view count: First Decred Block # 1 created Decred is better than Bitcoin

lol nice find^ ~ poloniex looks spooked by the epic premine! no wallet still? bwaahahaha :-)
Activity: 686

legendary

Activity: 156
Merit: 236

legendary
I have added a port at suprnova for the stratum style connection that tpruvots ccminer uses. Stales/rejects should be a bit better especially with ccminer.

Check http://dcr.suprnova.cc main page for the port and a link to the miner
OC SUPRNOVA no it is worst on the stratum protocol.

Works fine here, if you're having trouble with the stratum port just use the normal one.

There is no "real" stratum for DCR now, it's basically just a getwork-over-stratum (over tcp) connection, so you're mining absolutely same on both ports, one connection is persistent while the other is http based.
1.7.3 ccminer with the getwork protocol works good. thx  oc  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
I have added a port at suprnova for the stratum style connection that tpruvots ccminer uses. Stales/rejects should be a bit better especially with ccminer.

Works fine here, if you're having trouble with the stratum port just use the normal one.

There is no "real" stratum for DCR now, it's basically just a getwork-over-stratum (over tcp) connection, so you're mining absolutely same on both ports, one connection is persistent while the other is http based.
legendary

1.7.3 ccminer with the getwork protocol works good
legendary
I'm supporting decred, but this wallet story stuck.
I mean,
How is possible that after 3 years of development and with a expert team working on it in cryptoscene, they didn't have thinked about to release a gui wallet at launch? How is this possible in 2016?

Don't understand if the entire decred team is unable to compile a wallet since they are asking help. how is this posible? Sir,you waited 3 years, why not waited 3 years and 2 months more to get a easy simple wallet release at launch?

A gui wallet in 2106 couldn't be considered an update. It should be availabe from beginning.

What's next? every new altcoin now will release only a cli wallet? It's the new way of this year?
anders lokka  I agree with you 100%. There should be a GUI wallet right now...or at launch.
Activity: 770
My account > edit account > put in your address > update
Cash out
Thx Flomess. but there is no my account .... just this    https://wallet.decred.org/

At the bottom there is recieve you find there your address you can send your cons there. Be sure to backup your wallet in case you delete your cookies. Backup is available at preferences/backup
Thx  badam... except for the backup...asking for seed?  I'm a real noob at wallets. What is a seed plz? Embarrassed

When you enter the backup page there is a Show Wallet Seed button. Click on it and a seed from 33 words will be revealed. Save those 33 words in a safe place, and you can use them anytime to restore your wallet
Activity: 770
As of 2016/2/19 there are left 2034 airdrop addresses unspent. ~32% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of today 2016/2/20 there are left 2024 airdrop addresses unspent. ~32% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
legendary
Activity: 1311
I mean,
How is possible that after 3 years of development and with a expert team working on it in cryptoscene, they didn't have thinked about to release a gui wallet at launch? How is this possible in 2016?

Don't understand if the entire decred team is unable to compile a wallet since they are asking help. how is this posible? Sir,you waited 3 years, why not waited 3 years and 2 months more to get a easy simple wallet release at launch?

A gui wallet in 2106 couldn't be considered an update. It should be availabe from beginning.

What's next? every new altcoin now will release only a cli wallet? It's the new way of this year?

Golang is very performant in scrypting side and less performant in gui and a lot of work to be done or it is has to be ported to C
Eth did not have at launch any gui interface(not even a web client) even though it was crowdfunded, still is a very good performing coin
Why don't people understand that decred is still under active development, if you don't like actual state of development just don't use it or if you don't want to miss the ship take the time and learn how to use things don't want everything to be put under your asses in the most convenient way
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
I mean,

So why would you use a webwallet? isn't the whole idea to decentralize? If you only have a webwallet and the "website" should fail then you can't access it right or am I missing something.

You are missing that the webwallet for decred is a hybrid and more likely a web client than a web wallet. With the seed you can restore anytime your wallet because it is not stored online.

@decred I am proposing to rename webwallet to DCR WebClient as the actual name is leading to a lot of misunderstandings
Jump to: