Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 387. (Read 1201332 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
what is the hashrate for 7950 and 7970 AMD gpu ?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
~ 60 blocks to PoS!
 Smiley

Yea, good thing they made it so easy to everyone figure out so they can stake rape their own coin!

What is the command to start staking?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
When using command --wallet getnewaddress I get the following error " no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

I have daemon/wallet running and firewall/AV off.

What exactly am I doing wrong?

I was having problems because I was running the 32 bit program on windows 10 (windows-386). It was solved by downloading and running the 64 bit binary (amd64), instead. Not sure if this is the case with you.

Don't think that is my issue, I'm running windows-amd64 on win7 64.

Thanks for the reply though.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
When using command --wallet getnewaddress I get the following error " no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

I was having problems because I was running the 32 bit program on windows 10 (windows-386). It was solved by downloading and running the 64 bit binary (amd64), instead. Not sure if this is the case with you.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
~ 60 blocks to PoS!
 Smiley

Yea, good thing they made it so easy to everyone figure out so they can stake rape their own coin!
legendary
Activity: 1050

Activity: 854
When we will see it at Poloniex?
Activity: 705
~ 60 blocks to PoS!
 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
On decred's brazilian facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/667062416769204/ already there are many people trading goods and services for decred.
if more people do the same for decred in their countries, soon all of us who are here now, will be much more rich  Grin
It would be great if in the future be developed a decentralized market running on blockchain of the currency.

Activity: 452
Merit: 251
Is my thesis correct here? (I think we both know it is correct, mr _ingsoc, but badam is confused)
12 hours till PoS?
Is the "critically important" pool ready? You did promise.

If I promise to be nice will you answer these questions?
The most factually based questions on this thread. Unanswered because i'm a bit grumpy?

I promise to be nice today if that helps.

Of course I will address your serious questions presented in a civil manner. That has not been the case, which makes future engagement difficult. For the record, you received a detailed response here a long time ago, that linked to an even more detailed response here (which included an attachment of calculations). Go inspect the blockchain. This is not a personal psychiatry session. If you want responses, you need to conduct yourself in a reasonable manner. I say this to you because you've shown utter disrespect to everyone around you, and have only served to alienate yourself. Be reasonable, be supportive of those that want to help you, and join the community as a respectable member - not as a lunatic.

The pool is being finalised and will be up in the near future. This is how software development works and things require testing. GitHub has been extremely active, which is taken as a sign of health and life in a project. This is also an environment that demands adaptation. Yes, it would have been ideal to have a pool earlier. It will be here within a day or two. No, it's no the end of the world. RFPs have been popping up and more are coming. These are all things that require attention to ensure the longevity of the project.

Activity: 770
As of 2016/2/12 there are left 2163 airdrop addresses unspent. ~27% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/13 there are left 2143 airdrop addresses unspent. ~28% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/14 there are left 2118 airdrop addresses unspent. ~29% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/15 there are left 2093 airdrop addresses unspent. ~30% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/16 there are left 2069 airdrop addresses unspent. ~30% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/17 there are left 2051 airdrop addresses unspent. ~31% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/18 there are left 2036 airdrop addresses unspent. ~31% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/19 there are left 2034 airdrop addresses unspent. ~32% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of 2016/2/20 there are left 2024 airdrop addresses unspent. ~32% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
As of today 2016/2/21 there are left 2017 airdrop addresses unspent. ~32% of Airdrop receivers moved their coins
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085
Degenerate Crypto Gambler
The funniest is that the fudder members write and write and write and are failing to make the price drop.

It is not "Fud" if it is the truth, there has not been a single counter argument to the fears posted here (tho mostly posted by a few people). Also would be nice to get some info about if what Gleb dug out is true.
The price has not dropped, true, but the price hasnt really increased either and the trading has slowed down. Will see what happens when something actually happens, the pool opens or some new feature releases.

Price didn't increase/dropp, because dcr hasn't been listed on Poloniex yet (look at Rads). Until we aren't there, there won't be any big movements.

Not a good example, Rads is a pump coin created by a few whales to do just that, get on Polo, pump and dump. Keep on milking those poor suckers. Getting added to Polo will cause a move up in price that is for sure, at least for a bit. I would rather put my money on the opening of the pool and maybe other developments, those could pump it up and keep the price on a higher level for a while. I got a feeling once the pump happens on Polo it will be followed by a very sharp decline.

Polo is like mintpal was at its good times. New coins are tanking, get accumulated and then the real pump is starting. If Decred gets added on Polo it will go down first  Smiley
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
It is not "Fud" if it is the truth, there has not been a single counter argument to the fears posted here (tho mostly posted by a few people).

There have been responses. There is a big difference between civil discussion and the theater of the absurd. Fears are not wrapped in attacks that endure ad nauseam. Legitimate fear is approached from a constructive point of view, that is based in fact and reason. In fact, it's written up in the Decred Constitution. I quote it here so it's clear:

Free Speech and Consideration - Everyone has the right to communicate opinions and ideas without fear of censorship. Consideration shall be given to all constructive speech that is based in fact and reason.

Probably will mean nothing posting that - but I post it so that those who do care for a serious project can read it and see the principle from which the project operates. The dev will keep churning, the project will keep going, come hell or high water.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
The funniest is that the fudder members write and write and write and are failing to make the price drop.

It is not "Fud" if it is the truth, there has not been a single counter argument to the fears posted here (tho mostly posted by a few people). Also would be nice to get some info about if what Gleb dug out is true.
The price has not dropped, true, but the price hasnt really increased either and the trading has slowed down. Will see what happens when something actually happens, the pool opens or some new feature releases.

Price didn't increase/dropp, because dcr hasn't been listed on Poloniex yet (look at Rads). Until we aren't there, there won't be any big movements.

Not a good example, Rads is a pump coin created by a few whales to do just that, get on Polo, pump and dump. Keep on milking those poor suckers. Getting added to Polo will cause a move up in price that is for sure, at least for a bit. I would rather put my money on the opening of the pool and maybe other developments, those could pump it up and keep the price on a higher level for a while. I got a feeling once the pump happens on Polo it will be followed by a very sharp decline.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

Activity: 712
I love FUD in every coin released. In my cryptocurrency journey, it has been always the same.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
if this helps with distribution curve question

Exponential decay in subsidy or the number of coins generated per year. Also i gues that means no halving but steady decline.

I have not read this but i guess you will find a formula in there for block rewards.

https://decred.org/dtb001.pdf

EDIT: I cant find a number but this clears some things

1) The PoW and PoS subsidies account for 60% and 30% of each total block subsidy, respectively.

2)In order to have an ongoing source of funding for development work, a consensus rule has been added to allocate 10% of each block subsidy to a development organization.

Maybe we have to look at MC2 coin's ann which is found here

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1759914

Although it gives no starting block reward. Read point iii) Miner Reward Algorithm in this pdf

http://mc2.xwebnetwork.com/storage/mc2_0.05.pdf

Dev can you please say if you have changed any parameters from MC2 paper?

Are you and _ingsoc the same person?

Re: MC2 ("Netcoin"): A cryptocurrency based on a hybrid PoW/PoS system: Ref: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2222860

http://whois.easycounter.com/netcoin.io

I registered netcoin.io primarily out of urgency a little while ago after a conversation with TT about it as we thought it could be a good potential domain name for Netcoin.
Jump to: