Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 14. (Read 523478 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 1
Forwarded port 7999 on router.  Even turned off firewall on computer.  No connection, still getting the error message

"Not capable masternode: Could not connect to xx.xx.xxx.xxx:7999"
I'm caught in a PRE_ENABLEd, NEW START REQUIRED/TIMED OUT, endless loop, trying to setup a masternode Sad

Same issue. Working on the port forwarding now.
Thank you guys !

As you already said, we have just released the v5.0.0 on our github repository.
This is a clearly the biggest upgrade Digitalcoin has ever known. This release use a new code base (Dash core), so this new version allow you to setup Masternodes. Awesome features will come soon like privacy, and autonomous governance using superblock. The masternode reward  structure is 25%masternode/75%miners right now, slowly increasing to 50%/50% at the end of the year.
This version is currently under deployment on pools so reward will increase as more pools will adopt it.

Windows build is available, OSX will be added in the coming days, you can also find very easy instructions on the home page to build your wallet from sources on Ubuntu.

We also added a very easy way to setup a Masternode, if you have 10000DGC on your wallet, you can press the "setup masternode" button in the wallet, reboot your wallet, wait one confirmation and you can start your masternode using the "start" button. We tried to make this as easiest as possible !

So we hope you will like it !

Enjoy !

PROCEDURE FOR SETTING UP A MASTERNODE IN WINDOWS IF YOU ARE A WHALE (or not)

1) First, send 10,000 DGC to a specific address that you have created

File -> Receiving Addresses -> New

(name the address, Masternode5 for example-- you're a Whale for Pete's sake!  You have 5 Masternodes!)

Next, of the 103284082349238 coins that you have, send ONLY 10,000 to the above address.  Make sure that the  "Subtract fee from amount" box is empty and not checkmarked.

2) THEN follow directions and press the button as described in the Quoted post above

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit: I couldn't wait any longer and pressed the button.  Got the error message

"Error with transaction: Transaction creation failed!"

after that another dialog box pops up and says

Error: Looks like you don't already have your 10000 DGC required to setup a Masternode..."

I have over 30K in one address, so this is obviously not correct.

=========================================================

What happens when you have multiples of 10K in the wallet?

I'd just like to know the procedure first before moving forward and pressing that Setup Masternode button.  Easier to not break something than to go back and have to fix it.  Are there any detailed instructions anywhere on setting up multiple MNs via the Windows QTwallet?  (Besides Discord, which I do not use.) (Thanks for that link also!)

Edit:  Just found this for those wanting to use an Ubuntu VPS.  https://forum.digitalcoin.tech/viewtopic.php?id=322  
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
How long will DGC be mined? Is there any halving in the roadmap or transforming into PoS/Masternodes?
Activity: 22
Are you sure that your firewall/router is correctly configured ? You need to forward port 7999 to your wallet.
To be sure, you can do a "masternode status" command. If the return is something like "not capable masternode, can't connect to XXX", there is a high probability of a port-forwarding issue.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
I'm caught in a PRE_ENABLEd, NEW START REQUIRED/TIMED OUT, endless loop, trying to setup a masternode Sad
Thanks for your feedback, we will fix it in the next release.
Just tried to send coins from Coinomi to the V5 wallet.  When scanning the receiving address QR code generated by the V5 wallet, Coinomi gives the two errors "Problem scanning D8fj892h9h" and "Unsupported address."
Thank you guys !

This is a clearly the biggest upgrade Digitalcoin has ever known. This release use a new code base (Dash core), so this new version allow you to setup Masternodes. Awesome features will come soon like privacy, and autonomous governance using superblock. The masternode reward  structure is 25%masternode/75%miners right now, slowly increasing to 50%/50% at the end of the year.
This version is currently under deployment on pools so reward will increase as more pools will adopt it.

Windows build is available, OSX will be added in the coming days, you can also find very easy instructions on the home page to build your wallet from sources on Ubuntu.

We also added a very easy way to setup a Masternode, if you have 10000DGC on your wallet, you can press the "setup masternode" button in the wallet, reboot your wallet, wait one confirmation and you can start your masternode using the "start" button. We tried to make this as easiest as possible !

Enjoy !

So the procedure for moving forward with the new coin and masternodes is to

1) download and install V5 wallet and then

2) send the coins to that wallet?

(no swapping or anything?)

Right now the coins I have are sitting in the Coinomi wallet.

Yes, no swapping needed.

HALLEY
F*ING
LEWYAH.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Is there a bootstrap available for the v 5 ?

Synchronization is going very slowly: I started the daemon a few hours ago, only 212000 headers synchronized and zero blocks.

Also debug.log is filling up fast with entries like:

018-07-03 12:07:43 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 199 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 0 nRequestedMasternodeAttempt 0 nSyncProgress -0.250000

pm'd

and yeah, it's damn slow, seems mn sync not locked properly during block sync

It will improve as the network stabilizes and the outdated nodes come offline. We also need v5 protocol blocks to be mined going forward.
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032
Is there a bootstrap available for the v 5 ?

Synchronization is going very slowly: I started the daemon a few hours ago, only 212000 headers synchronized and zero blocks.

Also debug.log is filling up fast with entries like:

018-07-03 12:07:43 CMasternodeSync::ProcessTick -- nTick 199 nRequestedMasternodeAssets 0 nRequestedMasternodeAttempt 0 nSyncProgress -0.250000

PS: hmmm, it's actually crashing and restarting from scratch at height 392518

PPS: now synch'ed, thx desynct Smiley
legendary
Thank you guys !

Enjoy !

Yes, no swapping needed.
Thank you guys !

Enjoy !

legendary
All users, exchanges, pools, and services, please update to the new v5 wallet version. All previous versions of DGC are no longer supported.

https://github.com/lomtax/digitalcoin is the official github.

If you have any issues come by our discord and we will help you to set it up.

All pools have been removed from the pool list. The pools that upgrade to v5 will be listed in their place. Upgrade your pool and post in this thread to get advertised on all the resources.
Thank you guys !

Enjoy !
Activity: 502
Merit: 118
Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.
NEW WALLET HAS ARRIVED ON TIME! Reindexing blockchain & can't wait for setting up masternode!

Good news! This coin will surely skyrocket once it gets attention from everyday people. I know myself that most masternode coins have risen in value over time, so Digitalcoin will experience the same situation. But it all depends on the level of adoption and development this coin will get over time. I hope that everything turns out the right way for Digitalcoin, as it is one of the first altcoins ever created. I'm all bullish on it.  Smiley
Activity: 50
NEW WALLET HAS ARRIVED ON TIME! Reindexing blockchain & can't wait for setting up masternode!
Activity: 214
Merit: 10
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
This is a very nice project.  It's progressing. It has a great potential to moon very soon.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
rising last few days, those keeping track of developments starting to buy up?
Activity: 502
Merit: 118
Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.
when to the moon?Huh?

Soon my friend. Once masternodes are launched, you can rest assured that the price will skyrocket for this coin. There will be a lot of demand into Digitalcoin, simply because everyone would want to have a piece of the pie. With just a collateral of 10k DGC, anyone can start earning rewards from masternodes. So, I'm simply waiting until the times comes for me to start my own passive income with crypto.  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: