Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 308. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Einsteinium is now available on

EMC2/BTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/EMC2/BTC
EMC2/LTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/EMC2/LTC
EMC2/DOGE: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/EMC2/DOGE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why you should choose Bleutrade

• Trade Crypto2Crypto • Real-time Trading • Low Fees • Hundreds of trades per minute • Resistant to DDOS attacks
• Trade 66 cryptocurrencies • Possibility to trade 2145 pairs • Decentralized storage • 95% Cold storage wallet
• Light as a feather system • Encrypted SSL connection • Real-time backup • Fast support (Less than 1 hour)
• Two-Factor Authentication (Google)...

Register on Bleutrade Now!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
Probably a stupid question, but how do you make sure people are not voting multiple times, on reddit, here and ond fb?

It's quite possible that there could be multiple votes across different social networks. I encourage voters to get their votes in a maximum of 3 times. Long term member votes will be weighted and rated stronger while new or "shill" accounts won't count at all. The results will then be averaged together and if there is not a clear outstanding winner we will have a tie breaker round which will take place here only.

ok, maybe you should have been a bit more clearer about that, as I would have voted only once (in case I could actually vote here or on facebook).

I will leave for a couple of days now and am a bit in a hurry. I decided for POS. Could you just count me in for that?

You are right, it could have been made more clear. Your vote is extremely important and will be counted in the BTCTalk category. Please see my reply above for more of a breakdown on how the vote tally will play out. Enjoy your time away for the next few days and we look forward to your return.
Just wanted to say hi, been lurking here for a while and am happy to see the community is rallying to prevent this great coin from dying. I've been quietly adding buy support over the past weeks and am happy to see the coin has now finally stabilized and recovered at least a little bit. Good base to start rebuilding from now!

Probably a stupid question, but how do you make sure people are not voting multiple times, on reddit, here and ond fb?

It's quite possible that there could be multiple votes across different social networks. I encourage voters to get their votes in a maximum of 3 times. Long term member votes will be weighted and rated stronger while new or "shill" accounts won't count at all. The results will then be averaged together and if there is not a clear outstanding winner we will have a tie breaker round which will take place here only.
Just wondering how you will weigh PoS vs. PoW votes. It looks like PoS is the clear leader right now, but if you add up the different PoW algos it looks like PoW is actually still more popular overall (17 PoW vs. 22 PoW). Will you take that into consideration, instead of only looking at the individual results?

The actual rating of votes is more bound to facebook and reddit as those with new accounts here on btcTalk are unable to vote. The new memebers who signed up facebook since the vote started will not be counted. I understand that more people here on btcTalk follow mining protocols and are more up-to-date on cryptoTrends than some of the people on the facebook group who are primarily there for tipping. For that reason, I've decided to weigh the votes with a 2/1 average by giving btcTalk votes the longer tooth. All votes will be looked at and considered but long term supporters here on btcTalk do have a stronger say for our new direction. Each social media channel will be given a winner, the strength of those winner will be pitted against each other, and the outstanding leader will be chosen fairly.
Activity: 559
Merit: 500
Just wanted to say hi, been lurking here for a while and am happy to see the community is rallying to prevent this great coin from dying. I've been quietly adding buy support over the past weeks and am happy to see the coin has now finally stabilized and recovered at least a little bit. Good base to start rebuilding from now!

Just wondering how you will weigh PoS vs. PoW votes. It looks like PoS is the clear leader right now, but if you add up the different PoW algos it looks like PoW is actually still more popular overall (17 PoW vs. 22 PoW). Will you take that into consideration, instead of only looking at the individual results?
Activity: 398
Merit: 250

ok, maybe you should have been a bit more clearer about that, as I would have voted only once (in case I could actually vote here or on facebook).

I will leave for a couple of days now and am a bit in a hurry. I decided for POS. Could you just count me in for that?

ANNOUNCEMENT

I've created a new thread for voting on our new algorithm implementation. Please take into consideration all possibilities and cast your vote accordingly. The poll will last 5 days and I will announce the winner on both threads this coming weekend.

HERE IS THE POLL:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654552.new#new

Please feel free to quote this post and keep discussion alive so that we can make the most balanced decision for everyone. I know that there is no way to make everyone happy, but an open and democratic vote lasting 5 days should help alleviate concerns. Please let me know if you there any other mining options you would like me to add to the poll.

Thanks everyone!

Bumping the poll to make sure everyone gets their vote in! PoS has the clear lead here on Bitcontalk while 'Scrypt (No change)' is the clear winner on the Facebook poll. You can also cast your vote on Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/einsteinium/comments/28bcu4/poll_vote_for_einsteinium_coins_new_algorithm/

Bumping the poll again, there's only a few days left before the decision is made. Our facebook poll is overwhelmingly leaning toward "No Change" while Bitcoin talk is leaning heavily for PoS. Which algo wins? YOU decide!
Activity: 658
Looks the community is stronger now then ever lots of suggestions... Hearing a little chatter on twitter!

Keep it up guys Smiley

I see the light at the end of the tunnel and it isn`t a train Smiley
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
I love supporting a valuable cause like this as the future with growing the digital currency industry using phcoin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annphcoin-the-mission-to-stimulate-philippines-job-economy-with-phcoin-589992
I wonder how phcoin and EMC2 can work together with Currency supporting another Currency? Mission for a Mission?
Activity: 97
My suggestion: "Merged mining" with Curecoin (and hard fork), support science funding with actually supporting science.

Mining is only a waste of computing power  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
One thing that must be considered about the poll is that essentially it has 2 choices (because of the nature of one of the choices being "no change"). It becomes a poll of "change or no change" and then which change. So when assesing the votes, it should be noted that the majority of voters that vote anything except no change would probably want to see a change. Therefor, I believe that for "no change" to be the winner, it should, consider first that the majority might (or might not, if no change counts for over 50%) want a change.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I would have preferred a 1st step voting POS/POW and if POW wins out a second step to decide to stay at srypt or change to any other algo. But I decided I can live with the current poll, time is of essence.

Whatever. Buying at below 100 levels over the last 2 weeks daily (as my way of supporting the coin) has payed of already if I would dump now. Which I wont.
One thing that must be considered about the poll is that essentially it has 2 choices (because of the nature of one of the choices being "no change"). It becomes a poll of "change or no change" and then which change. So when assesing the votes, it should be noted that the majority of voters that vote anything except no change would probably want to see a change. Therefor, I believe that for "no change" to be the winner, it should, consider first that the majority might (or might not, if no change counts for over 50%) want a change.
I completely agree with alphi. Its a new trend you can observe now. New coin's price shoots up, of course it is unsutainable because of giant inflation, and major holders cry to change the rules and cut money supply (CRYPT will be the next candidate). They made a mistake, bought on hype and current - not future - supply and now want to make others pay for their mistake (namely those who sold, knowing that current prices are unsustainable). Thats even worse with coins that have only a POW phase of like 4 weeks anyway. Comes pretty close to a scam often enough, especially with premines that suddenly rise from 1% to 3%. Older coins face the inflation problem, simply because the altcoinmarket is not growing fast enough to support all upcoming new coins plus those that are still existing. Thats ok though, some (most) coins probably have to die sooner or later.

EMC2' inflation is not massive (at least not at crypto-terms). If I made no mistake, it is 0,25% daily, and falling. That is 0.4BTC of daily buys at current prices. If EMC2 cannot attract more than 0.4BTC daily, the coin is dead anyway. With POS it would only die a slower death.

On the other hand, most people thought inflation is not that much of a problem, because a significant proportion of those who are mining were suposed to become new holders. And all holders should have the same goal - to increase the market cap. I dont know if that ever really was the case, but multipools certainly changed that. They are just dumping every mined coin right away. While I first liked the idea of multipools, this is not going to lead cryptoworld anywhere.

I am a bit undecided right now. EMC2 is old enough that a change to POS (= cut in supply) would no look as bad as with new coins. After all crypto world has changed alot in the last 3 months. And while the fundamentals might have been good 3 months ago, they might not be anymore. But what will be in 3 months from now on, are we going to change the fundamentals again? Doesnt feel like the right thing to do.

I think POS Multipool is a good change... I am not for changing the coin around and around but this is a necessary change and will give people incentive too hold coins Smiley.... Mutlipool isn`t a bad idea cause lots of miners still want emc2 without killing the price..

Just to clarify: If emc2 goes POS, I dont think a emc2 multipool is a bad idea. It just seems that 90% of new coins are POS+multipool, and that cant work out for the whole crypto market. Maybe I am wrong, though. I am learning.

POS was a great idea in crypto so soon as it came in most coins didn`t have much choice but too adapt... Lots of people are holding emc2 long term already so POS is just an additional incentive...

Things are changing in crypto everyday we won`t be adopting everything Smiley
I completely agree with alphi. Its a new trend you can observe now. New coin's price shoots up, of course it is unsutainable because of giant inflation, and major holders cry to change the rules and cut money supply (CRYPT will be the next candidate). They made a mistake, bought on hype and current - not future - supply and now want to make others pay for their mistake (namely those who sold, knowing that current prices are unsustainable). Thats even worse with coins that have only a POW phase of like 4 weeks anyway. Comes pretty close to a scam often enough, especially with premines that suddenly rise from 1% to 3%. Older coins face the inflation problem, simply because the altcoinmarket is not growing fast enough to support all upcoming new coins plus those that are still existing. Thats ok though, some (most) coins probably have to die sooner or later.

EMC2' inflation is not massive (at least not at crypto-terms). If I made no mistake, it is 0,25% daily, and falling. That is 0.4BTC of daily buys at current prices. If EMC2 cannot attract more than 0.4BTC daily, the coin is dead anyway. With POS it would only die a slower death.

On the other hand, most people thought inflation is not that much of a problem, because a significant proportion of those who are mining were suposed to become new holders. And all holders should have the same goal - to increase the market cap. I dont know if that ever really was the case, but multipools certainly changed that. They are just dumping every mined coin right away. While I first liked the idea of multipools, this is not going to lead cryptoworld anywhere.

I am a bit undecided right now. EMC2 is old enough that a change to POS (= cut in supply) would no look as bad as with new coins. After all crypto world has changed alot in the last 3 months. And while the fundamentals might have been good 3 months ago, they might not be anymore. But what will be in 3 months from now on, are we going to change the fundamentals again? Doesnt feel like the right thing to do.

I think POS Multipool is a good change... I am not for changing the coin around and around but this is a necessary change and will give people incentive too hold coins Smiley.... Mutlipool isn`t a bad idea cause lots of miners still want emc2 without killing the price..

Just to clarify: If emc2 goes POS, I dont think a emc2 multipool is a bad idea. It just seems that 90% of new coins are POS+multipool, and that cant work out for the whole crypto market. Maybe I am wrong, though. I am learning.

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Have you guys thought about dropping the max coin cap from 299 million?  That's a lot of dilution (and the current inflation is massive as well) which many investors run from.

Maxcoin did this and it was a complete failure.

messing with the fundamentals of any coin is a bad idea because it sends a strong message to the market that the people in charge do not know what they are doing and are willing to try anything (including throwing out their morals, ethics and anything else that gets in the way) just to keep their major stake holders happy. the ideas of market certainty and fairness go completely out the window when this happens.
Activity: 62
FBC is better
I think I will get it too! Cheesy
Jump to: