Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 310. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

Have you guys thought about dropping the max coin cap from 299 million?  That's a lot of dilution (and the current inflation is massive as well) which many investors run from.

I think it was cinni or silk who just dropped theirs from 150 million to 50 million, CSC from 336 million to 63 million, DarkCoin from 88 million to 22 million, etc.

Lots of new investors coming on and they look at the inflation rate and the max dilution.  If the max cap is cut to maybe 50 million and the inflation dropped as well, we can't probably get a 10 fold increase just on valuation alone, supply and demand are that simple.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Could be a good option, if the devs do this, the community need to agree on a max cap. Not too low

It's a presentable option for sure. Let's take care of algorithm voting this week with implementation and we'll handle max coin total next. Sound fair?
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

Have you guys thought about dropping the max coin cap from 299 million?  That's a lot of dilution (and the current inflation is massive as well) which many investors run from.

I think it was cinni or silk who just dropped theirs from 150 million to 50 million, CSC from 336 million to 63 million, DarkCoin from 88 million to 22 million, etc.

Lots of new investors coming on and they look at the inflation rate and the max dilution.  If the max cap is cut to maybe 50 million and the inflation dropped as well, we can't probably get a 10 fold increase just on valuation alone, supply and demand are that simple.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Could be a good option, if the devs do this, the community need to agree on a max cap. Not too low
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!
ANNOUNCEMENT

I've created a new thread for voting on our new algorithm implementation. Please take into consideration all possibilities and cast your vote accordingly. The poll will last 5 days and I will announce the winner on both threads this coming weekend.

HERE IS THE POLL:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654552.new#new

Please feel free to quote this post and keep discussion alive so that we can make the most balanced decision for everyone. I know that there is no way to make everyone happy, but an open and democratic vote lasting 5 days should help alleviate concerns. Please let me know if you there any other mining options you would like me to add to the poll.

Thanks everyone!
Activity: 678
Merit: 501
hey guys , you never buy under 80sat at mintpal, dont try to break, if break , i add more dont forget.

I may create more buy support between 90 - 100 soon just to keep things active and pickup cheap coins from dumpers. Other than that, my focus has been on adding some community supported features and tools before putting all my efforts into a new system for donating to science.

first we support to pirce up, than stable the price over 400sat and than we donate science projects, but not with emc2 coin  just pay by dollar.

i can do thiss. community and devs are not interesting me. i love this coin, and i can buy %25 of coin supply, let them sell, at these cheap prices. dont make anything, i am just collecting Smiley

Sir, I am the lead dev and I am very interested in what you have to say. Please PM me and we will talk details.

i send a message. thanks.
hey guys , you never buy under 80sat at mintpal, dont try to break, if break , i add more dont forget.

I may create more buy support between 90 - 100 soon just to keep things active and pickup cheap coins from dumpers. Other than that, my focus has been on adding some community supported features and tools before putting all my efforts into a new system for donating to science.

first we support to pirce up, than stable the price over 400sat and than we donate science projects, but not with emc2 coin  just pay by dollar.

i can do thiss. community and devs are not interesting me. i love this coin, and i can buy %25 of coin supply, let them sell, at these cheap prices. dont make anything, i am just collecting Smiley

Sir, I am the lead dev and I am very interested in what you have to say. Please PM me and we will talk details.

hey guys , you never buy under 80sat , dont try to break, if break , i add more dont forget.
If a community forum was to be made, what subjects / topics would be needed?

For example, here on bitcoin talk
 click
It goes bitcoin discussion, development & technical discussion and so fourth..

Just curious.

We currently have an official forum hosted on our site which is almost 100% complete. They are just implementing anti-spam filters now and we will soon begin promoting the new meeting place!
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
If a community forum was to be made, what subjects / topics would be needed?

For example, here on bitcoin talk
 click
It goes bitcoin discussion, development & technical discussion and so fourth..

Just curious.
coinwarz.com block reward shows 512 is wrong, pls change this to 256, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
I am also against changing to a different algo.

In my opinion a POS system can be a good solution, it will stop the dumping from the miners so that the value can rise again. Because of the low volume on this moment on the exchanges, a little dump from a miner can influence the price.
legendary
That's the reason i'm bringing multi algo as a solution, i don't think we will have asics for 5 algos in 6 months. Maybe for one algo but not five so it will still be available for anyone to mine and not only the early adopters. CC was created to be decentralize and to let anyone access it easily.

it is naive to think that X11 ASICS are not already being developed.
once they are developed then any coin using any of the 11 X11 PoW algorithms will be able to be mined with those chips.

if you want to run from ASICs you need to adopt a PoW system that is not already being used by any of the high market cap coins.

this is why it has always been my view that running from ASICs is futile.

CPU to GPU to FPGA to ASIC is the natural progression of IC engineering.

it is completely irrational for a coin fundamentally designed for the purpose of funding scientific research to run from the results of Research and Development.. ie ASICs.

furthermore it is irrational for a person who believes in evolution to then fear the evolution of engineering and technology.

True but i still think that their's a way to give a chance to anyone to mine a coin. We need to give the opportunity to everyone to be part of this. On a multi algo, you can get sha-256 and scrypt with asics, x11 with fpgas and 2 others algo that are only gpus right now. Everyone can get their share.

Maybe their's better option, i want to know want everyone think. On one side a agree with those in favor of asics in the network and on the other side i agree with those who say we need to keep the mining available to everyone.  Undecided
Activity: 798
That's the reason i'm bringing multi algo as a solution, i don't think we will have asics for 5 algos in 6 months. Maybe for one algo but not five so it will still be available for anyone to mine and not only the early adopters. CC was created to be decentralize and to let anyone access it easily.

it is naive to think that X11 ASICS are not already being developed.
once they are developed then any coin using any of the 11 X11 PoW algorithms will be able to be mined with those chips.

if you want to run from ASICs you need to adopt a PoW system that is not already being used by any of the high market cap coins.

this is why it has always been my view that running from ASICs is futile.

CPU to GPU to FPGA to ASIC is the natural progression of IC engineering.

it is completely irrational for a coin fundamentally designed for the purpose of funding scientific research to run from the results of Research and Development.. ie ASICs.

furthermore it is irrational for a person who believes in evolution to fear the evolution of engineering and technology.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I am strongly against changing the algorithm.

ASIC's believe it or not are a good thing. They are needed to secure the blockchain. This is what happened with Bitcoin and it was its intention all along. This is a strong advantage scrypt coins now also have over other algorithms that cant currently be ASIC-secured, and are currently open to attack. We should be grateful EMC2 can defend itself with an ASIC-secured network - lets embrace that fact & move forward with it. Changing the algorithm would be a huge step backwards.
legendary
Do you guys realize that the little power fight you are having right now is doing more harm than good to this coin you care about?? Why don't you realize that the more you'll be doing this the closer you'll bring this coin to his death. The second foundation was created to bring solutions to a sinking coin that we want to succeed. Why can't both foundation work on their side but still talk to each other to find the best way to put emc2 back on it's feet?. It looks like 12yrs old arguing. Nothing good for the coin.

Anyone is welcomed to bring solutions to help the coin. If you can't grow up and show some maturity, you'll be the reason why emc2 will die. You got 2 options. It can happen to disagree with others on a lot of things but right now we have to put this aside and work together.

So are we starting to work on the revival of emc2 or we let it die from internal fights?

Very much agreed, that's I'm trying get some clear facts and answers so we can move forward with real plans and strategy. We really need to decide on an algorithm switch and a new system for scientific donation, that is what is most important at this stage.

My views about their community effort changing its name is warranted from all the confusion I've been receiving. If it were up to me I would merge and market both entities as one. Otherwise there will be a separate route taken.

djnocide, to answer your question from the PM.. It would not be too difficult to change algorithms at this point. I will be setting up some kind of poling option soon to see where everyone stands. Personally, I'm split between x11, x13, and pure PoS. The other options will also be listed in the poll which I will post within the next hours when I get back home.

Thanks for the reply, let's all work in the same direction. Let's bring this coin back up.

I think that multi algo could be a good option since no algo will have 100% of the vote in the community. We could get 5 algos that are not run by asics right now so more people could mine it the way they want. It keeps the security of the network and bring a good feature to the coin. We need people to say what they want to happen to this coin.

Post your ideas and solutions. We need to know what you're thinking guys  Cheesy

Do you all think that minning with graphic cards still has a future? Or will we need to change the algo again after 6 months?

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
Do you guys realize that the little power fight you are having right now is doing more harm than good to this coin you care about?? Why don't you realize that the more you'll be doing this the closer you'll bring this coin to his death. The second foundation was created to bring solutions to a sinking coin that we want to succeed. Why can't both foundation work on their side but still talk to each other to find the best way to put emc2 back on it's feet?. It looks like 12yrs old arguing. Nothing good for the coin.

Anyone is welcomed to bring solutions to help the coin. If you can't grow up and show some maturity, you'll be the reason why emc2 will die. You got 2 options. It can happen to disagree with others on a lot of things but right now we have to put this aside and work together.

So are we starting to work on the revival of emc2 or we let it die from internal fights?

Very much agreed, that's I'm trying get some clear facts and answers so we can move forward with real plans and strategy. We really need to decide on an algorithm switch and a new system for scientific donation, that is what is most important at this stage.

My views about their community effort changing its name is warranted from all the confusion I've been receiving. If it were up to me I would merge and market both entities as one. Otherwise there will be a separate route taken.

djnocide, to answer your question from the PM.. It would not be too difficult to change algorithms at this point. I will be setting up some kind of poling option soon to see where everyone stands. Personally, I'm split between x11, x13, and pure PoS. The other options will also be listed in the poll which I will post within the next hours when I get back home.

Thanks for the reply, let's all work in the same direction. Let's bring this coin back up.

I think that multi algo could be a good option since no algo will have 100% of the vote in the community. We could get 5 algos that are not run by asics right now so more people could mine it the way they want. It keeps the security of the network and bring a good feature to the coin. We need people to say what they want to happen to this coin.

Post your ideas and solutions. We need to know what you're thinking guys  Cheesy

Do you all think that minning with graphic cards still has a future? Or will we need to change the algo again after 6 months?
legendary

Jump to: