Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 309. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
If POS win, do we switch completely or  become POW/POS?

If PoS wins, we will surely go the route of pure PoS with a multipool setup around the same time.

"hmm multipools have been a huge problem for small coins like EMC2 so lets cross over to the dark side and begin raiding every other small coin just to enrich ourselves.
don't worry we do it in the name of science so we can feel better about it.."

so instead of supporting science the community begins to show its real colors.. the desire for just another pump and dump through artificial price manipulation.

ah mob mentality where would we be without it...  Wink

10 points goes to anyone who can detect my cynicism. Grin

I am still confused at how a PoS system is going to work with its existing tax model.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
EMC2 will rise again, this is a great coin
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
If POS win, do we switch completely or  become POW/POS?

If PoS wins, we will surely go the route of pure PoS with a multipool setup around the same time.

ok, thanks for the answer

POS and multipool are both what we need here that would be big steps!

Stay strong science will pay off!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
http://qoinpro.com/cc9596f66d20add189728cb834d59b8

Have you guys thought about dropping the max coin cap from 299 million?  That's a lot of dilution (and the current inflation is massive as well) which many investors run from.

I think it was cinni or silk who just dropped theirs from 150 million to 50 million, CSC from 336 million to 63 million, DarkCoin from 88 million to 22 million, etc.

Lots of new investors coming on and they look at the inflation rate and the max dilution.  If the max cap is cut to maybe 50 million and the inflation dropped as well, we can't probably get a 10 fold increase just on valuation alone, supply and demand are that simple.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

those are clones coins who are changing wallets constantly and saying they dropped the max amount when really they are just scamming people.
RJF
Activity: 616
Online since '89...

If you want a look at the future of stable Alt Coins, read this:

https://www.rapidcx.com/blog/pantera-bitcoin-fund-sec-filing-reveals-96-million-investment

Can you imagine an ETF made up of coins all earning interest through some form of PoS?

It's time to clean up and be professional...   Smiley (Actually, for EMC2 it would be "stay professional")

(posted in several forums)
Activity: 221
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
when mining then disappear are orphans, correct?  Also, is there a way to reduce them?

Do you receive any HW errors while mining? Another solution may be to try a different pool.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

ok, thanks for the answer
Activity: 84
when mining then disappear are orphans, correct?  Also, is there a way to reduce them?
Activity: 109
POS is always best option.

+1

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
I think POS with a POS/Multipool would be a good solution. Like that there will be a constant buying force (the multipool) and the miners will also be respected.

legendary
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
Cant vote here and - believe it or not - there are still people around who dont use facebook  Grin

I will post on reddit though. For anyone who has not voted or is undecided, have a look at the nobl coin thread. There is a lengthy discussion (+20 pages) if they should change from scrypt to POS or any other algo.
ANNOUNCEMENT

I've created a new thread for voting on our new algorithm implementation. Please take into consideration all possibilities and cast your vote accordingly. The poll will last 5 days and I will announce the winner on both threads this coming weekend.

HERE IS THE POLL:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654552.new#new

Please feel free to quote this post and keep discussion alive so that we can make the most balanced decision for everyone. I know that there is no way to make everyone happy, but an open and democratic vote lasting 5 days should help alleviate concerns. Please let me know if you there any other mining options you would like me to add to the poll.

Thanks everyone!

Bumping the poll to make sure everyone gets their vote in! PoS has the clear lead here on Bitcontalk while 'Scrypt (No change)' is the clear winner on the Facebook poll. You can also cast your vote on Reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/einsteinium/comments/28bcu4/poll_vote_for_einsteinium_coins_new_algorithm/
hi can any1 help me pls. i'm trying to import a papper wallet but is not working and it putting out a error (code -4).
i'm typing in console 'importprivkey (private key) nothing else. any ideas?

thank you

I've relayed your question to our coin developer, here is his reply:

Most likely your problem is that your wallet is locked. You have to manually unlock it from the commandline. Importprivkey will not prompt you for unlock, it will just fail with some cryptic message.

I hope that information helps you, please me know if you have any more problems.
I've created the exact same poll on our FB group for those who cannot vote here on bitcointalk.org - Both polls will be averaged and the winner will be announced next weekend.

Vote and comment on our FB poll to receive 100 emc2!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/einsteiniumgroup/
Activity: 658
I see some interest brewing on mintpal... This price is very short term as soon as we get a handle on things we will be looking at 10x this..  Cheers and enjoy the ride
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
hi can any1 help me pls. i'm trying to import a papper wallet but is not working and it putting out a error (code -4).
i'm typing in console 'importprivkey (private key) nothing else. any ideas?

thank you
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

I just noticed the mining was front loaded so there's already 112 million coins.

Obviously the max cap cannot be dropped very much but anything may help.

Cheers!
legendary

Have you guys thought about dropping the max coin cap from 299 million?  That's a lot of dilution (and the current inflation is massive as well) which many investors run from.

I think it was cinni or silk who just dropped theirs from 150 million to 50 million, CSC from 336 million to 63 million, DarkCoin from 88 million to 22 million, etc.

Lots of new investors coming on and they look at the inflation rate and the max dilution.  If the max cap is cut to maybe 50 million and the inflation dropped as well, we can't probably get a 10 fold increase just on valuation alone, supply and demand are that simple.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Could be a good option, if the devs do this, the community need to agree on a max cap. Not too low

It's a presentable option for sure. Let's take care of algorithm voting this week with implementation and we'll handle max coin total next. Sound fair?

one thing at a time right now is the best way to move forward.
Jump to: