Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 313. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Hello.

Not going to get into personal stuff but... I am a huge Bitcoin fan been in the space for a little over a year now... I've seen a lot of different coins come and go and a big reason for the ones that stay and the ones that disappear is the Community... Marketing... A quick Dev team...   Basically what I am trying too say is... I am more then willing too come in here and help out and take the Chairman Of the Marketing Smiley

I will not be able too do this alone!!!!!!... SO if anyone is interested in learning new and helping out a great coin with a great community get things out there.. Making youtube videos... Pictures, Maybe just blogging.... Or picking up the phone and calling everyone you know!! We could use you Smiley

Thank you everyone hopefully we will be able too work together this should be a lot of fun!

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Just got in and bought a few, interesting coin!
Activity: 678
Merit: 501
emc2 now up trend , just buy cheap coins Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I am most defiently invested but not just looking too dump at a high price... Like Blackcoin and Vericoin I'm still here Smiley I will be posting on this thread until the day its full!!!

EMC2 All the way!!!

AHHHH SCIENCE!!!
Activity: 588
All too often CCs are getting run up by malicious investors only to be dumped at higher rates on unsuspecting investors leaving them cooperatively holding a bag of coin worth far less than expected.

One of the duties of the Finance Committee is to make a determination as to EMC2's current and future value.  And to prepare the report in such a way that its conclusion may be shared directly with the EMC2 community as a recommendation of the board.  

The purpose of valuations is to increase knowledge about EMC2 so that investors invest intelligently and safely.

At no time shall a 'valuation'  be made to the community, presumably recommended by the board,  regarding EMC2's value unless there is a majority vote of the full body of the board on that specific recommendation.  

The formula by which the committee arrives at its conclusion may vary from time to time but should be included in each valuation report.

The board reserves the right to amend the recommendation as it sees fit, however if amended by the board, it should be duly noted in the recommendation (with or without cause)..  

In the case where future performance is markedly divergent from values presented to the board, the committee should be reevaluated and/or changed, .

I'm working on the first EMC2 Valuation Report for the board's consideration and revision, once it is finally approved by the board it will serve as the minimum standard.

Activity: 34
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
Guys, I am very happy that the community is committed to do something to revitalize the coin, but in the thread I see too many talks which have very little to do with plans regarding the fundamental reason to be of this coin, which in the end is what it would give it a value: the funding of science.
It seems that in the CC community everybody is getting so much into the technicalities of the coins to lose the vision of any big picture.
Coins get an enduring value because of the usefulness that they have. Value generated by the hype of expectations dies out rapidly, as you can see in many other P&D coins. And the originality of the algo is NOT what makes EMC2 different.
If we want EMC2 to rise in value, we must focus on the fundamental reason to be of EMC2 and achieve concrete results in THAT area. We must work hard to bring EMC2 to the scientific community which is mostly unaware of the whole CC world, so that scientific organisations start to accept EMC2 tipping and even better start themselves to tip their collaborators with EMC2. A pity the collaboration with Experiment.com failed, perhaps we should try harder or look for similar alternativers.
Bitcoin needed YEARS to grow a community and it is keeping and raising its value despite having the worse algo around.
Each of us must think:
HOW can I get scientific magazines and websites talk about the revolutionary idea behind EMC2?
HOW can I make some scientific university aware of EMC2 and how could I suggest them to adopt the coin for tipping?
HOW can we make the tens of thousands of scientists who exist around the world aware of the existence of EMC2?
The EMC2 community should stop being obsessed in how to attract the attention of the CC gamblers and CC whales, and focus on how to get the coin to the real people who would be interested in it, if they only knew.

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

Armis, I love this concept but I feel the names being so similar could be a bit confusing to for the wider community. Having both the "EMC2 Foundation" and "Einsteinium Foundation" may cause people to wonder which one is which. Any thoughts?

ahumanbeingx if someone complains to me about the mining tax, the donations, or project updates I'll refer them to you. 

If someone complains to you about EMC2 market value,  I would appreciate it if you referred them to me.

Sounds good my friend, it will be a pleasure working with you.
I've updated our Twitter and Facebook Like Page with links pointing back here as to inform our followers about the new community initiative.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/einsteiniumcoin
Facebook Like Page: https://www.facebook.com/einsteiniumfoundation
Facebook Group Page (over 600 members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/einsteiniumgroup/

There are plenty of new revitalization efforts in the works and this is only a small step. Updates to the btcTalk OP and website bug fixes are incoming.

I'm asking the community to please support us through social media if you hold accounts at any of the above websites. Also, we have a working facebook tipping app that can be used to receive and send tips to other members of the group. Thanks!

Armis, I love this concept but I feel the names being so similar could be a bit confusing to for the wider community. Having both the "EMC2 Foundation" and "Einsteinium Foundation" may cause people to wonder which one is which. Any thoughts?

ahumanbeingx if someone complains to me about the mining tax, the donations, or project updates I'll refer them to you. 

If someone complains to you about EMC2 market value,  I would appreciate it if you referred them to me.

I've recently been handed the keys to the coins 2.5% mining fund, Website, BitcoinTalk account, Twitter, Facebook Page, Facebook Group and I am now ready to take a leading role in EMC2 as planned from within the team. I do agree there needs to be a new community effort to support the coin, and I respect what ECAP plans to do.

Please keep in mind, "Armis" is the leader of ECAP and not Einsteinium. That remains the reality unless someone reaches out to the remaining devs of EMC2 which are Christine, Lucas, and myself for needed changes brought on by the community.

Thank you.

Allow me to clarify some things.

The Einsteinium Community Action Plan (ECAP) was authored and proposed (to the community) by me, the initiative failed to receive the necessary level of community support which is why today it is more of a footnote than anything else.

The EMC2 Foundation is a community based organization created by and for EMC2 owners.   The election if its board was publicly announced and open to all EMC2 owners.  The priority of the EMC2 Foundation is to make EMC2 a financially strong coin; additionally to pave a way so that it could remain healthy for a long while.

ECAP is not the EMC2 Foundation, ECAP is a community initiative that failed to win necessary support to survive, whereas The EMC2 Foundation received the community support it needed to succeed.

Perhaps more importantly, The EMC2 Foundation is not The Einsteinium Foundation, as I see it the EMC2 foundation advocates for the EMC2 investor, the Einsteinium Foundation advocates for the projects.    Nevertheless, the two foundations are working for the same coin.  Cobra sees it as two sides of the same coin, the projects foundation on the front end, and the investor foundation on the back end.

Every EMC2 owner is a member of the EMC2 foundation and has the right to vote in all community-wide initiatives including, but not limited to, board member elections.  

Absolutely every EMC2 owner is encouraged to help EMC2 via the EMC2 foundation, presently 7 standing committees.  We are seeking committee members and individuals to chair some of the committees.  Here is the list:

1) Bylaws - create the bylaws for the org
2) Communications - involving very many levels of communications from blogs, articles, youtube projects, to Radio and TV interviews,
3) Development - including all of the coin specifications as actual subjects.  
4) Elections - work with bylaw committee to create org law for elections, then to manage all elections,
5) Finance - draft weekly EMC2 valuation report,  provide oversight for The Einsteinium Foundation regarding trust funds
6) Liaison - team that specifically is constructed to liaison with other orgs that we have a special relationship with beit The Einsteinium Foundation, a school, or another CC
7) Mining - all things mining.

Details of each committee will be presented to the community by the respective committee chairman upon appointment.   If you are interested in chairing a committee or being a member of a specific committee send me a message.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Guys... How can I help revive this coin.. I've put out over 15K on emc2 and I'd like to see some of it back if possible. I have time but I refuse to throw in any more money. We still have the NPO registered here in Canada and the Canadian director still believes in EMC2..

So... anything I can do?
As the open nomination period is over [...]
Since only one nomination was made per seat and officer position, we don't need elections.
Well with a nomination period of ~2 days, during a week end, don't be surprised of not getting enough candidates to do a proper election.
Maybe I'm the only one not following this topic every hour, but this don't especially sounds like a democracy to me.
Maybe you should extend the "nomination" period a little?

This is simply for the community portion of the coin which Armis is spearheading. He may hold a more thorough election process after first stages of community evolution.
I've recently been handed the keys to the coins 2.5% mining fund, Website, BitcoinTalk account, Twitter, Facebook Page, Facebook Group and I am now ready to take a leading role in EMC2 as planned from within the team. I do agree there needs to be a new community effort to support the coin, and I respect what ECAP plans to do.

Please keep in mind, "Armis" is the leader of ECAP and not Einsteinium. That remains the reality unless someone reaches out to the remaining devs of EMC2 which are Christine, Lucas, and myself for needed changes brought on by the community.

Thank you.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Activity: 34
Hi all,
I noticed the election and Armis' kind invitation PM when it was all finished. Thanks for your PM Armis. I hope all will be good for Einsteinium because it excited me from the first moment I read about it and actively involved as a miner quite long time till dramatic falling of the prices. May be because I'm a physicist but it sounded really great. To know that practically some science projects (that could really change the world and living of people) getting funding because I mine the coin. For me still Einsteinium is different from other coins, core and the philosophy is same as first day. Bad or worse, Einsteinium too is going on the same challenging road as every other coin is going.

I heard about cryptocoins and Bitcoin in the beginning of Jan 2014. I get involved in mining with LTC and made my investment in hardware for it and waiting some watercooling orders from abroad (I live in Turkey, EK is in Slovenia, paper work and delays) and finally started mining in first days of February. I was optimistic and hoping a steady growth of popularity and prices in several months. But almost worst things happened. World's biggest exchange collapsed with client investments and political, regulatory bans and uncertain attitudes from states. And it makes me sorry to say it here but I did the biggest mistake as I changed all my mined LTC to EMC2 with the hopes and bright future expectation of this coin. Since then it came to a point that I can't mine for only electricity bill let alone my hardware expenditure. Not mining for several weeks now.

I was mining LTC till start of April. Difficulty was on the rise. Everyone were rumouring about arrivals of scrypt asics on June or later but it's been more than two months that I can't mine LTC to pay for the electricity I used. I remember the days of LTC that hash rate of the network was below 100 GH/s. At the moment it's 337 GH/s. They are not GPU miners anymore, scrypt asic farms are already here for nearly two months. It's impossible to mine LTC with GPU paying electricity for quite some time. May be they are scrypt-asic manufacturers themselves or their quite "first row" unannounced clients but that hitted really hard on GPU mining. And knocked it out.

After mining EMC2 for a month till first days of the May. I was thinking may be X11 algo would be another port that GPU miners save themselves from that hit. I tried Logicoin for some time but same fate with low prices. Now I don't think only algo type can save the price of a coin or its faith. I would suggest the idea of changing the algo of EMC2 to X11. Honestly no GPU can race with a scrypt-asic in terms of efficieny. And with the appearant fact that scrypt asics are already here: I can't mine EMC2 anymore no matter how I wish it without an algo change. But I won't insist on it here. I have my minings and tradings profit all kept in EMC2 in my wallet. And waiting patiently for things to change.

Your effort is great to save and do something for the EMC2. But I wonder if people elected here as board members have backing and help of any of developers or Einsteinium project executers???

Also I suggest to construct some forum pages in the official Einsteinium site to discuss and manage the fate of EMC2 as a community. IMO this would also show the difference of our community and bold efforts of this great community.

Thanks all the developers and persons of the team of Einsteinium, they do a great job and also community here that don't hesitate to take action and do something about our coin. Wish all a bright future.

Erdinc
I've not been following the Einsteinium situation very closely lately, but I'm sad to see that things have taken a bit of a downturn. It's always struck me as a nice coin, with some nice features. The community seems to be rallying, which is good to see. One thing that may help, is reducing some of the clutter in the Einsteinium sub-reddit. I appreciate that cross posting science related articles helps keep the subreddit active, but it also creates a ton of noise and creates a general air of unruliness (IMHO). If you're looking to encourage adopters, keeping things like that clean and accessible will likely prove helpful.

Is the biggest problem at present a lack of developers working on the coin? Which features do people believe would give EMC2 the boost it needs? I see a lot of mention of POS (Proof of Stake) functionality. POS, along with anonymous transactions seem to be flavour of the month amongst the other coins at present. Having said that, some of the POS coins (such as MintCoin), also seem to be in a bit of a slump at present too.

Thanks for that message.

At the present time the newly elected board (only hours old) is organizing itself and will likely issue it's first EMC2 Board Report in the coming days, frequent updates are expected to follow as well.

I can assure you that absolutely everything you have mentioned will eventually be addressed by the board.  A part of that 'organizing' will be the prioritization of issues of concern to EMC2, currently the #1 priority is unquestionably EMC2's market value, as such much of what you see in the coming weeks will directly or indirectly positively affect EMC2 market value.

It is likely that committees will form and that invitations will be extended to you; one of the best ways to help EMC2 and its board is to participated on a committee.
Jump to: