Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 316. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
ECAP needs overwhelming EMC2 community support to work, 'overwhelming' may be expressed in any one of these 3 ways:

- 30% of the coins in circulation (total 104M, target 31M),  
 - 30% of all known EMC2 forum contributors from forum creation to when ECAP was introduced (May 28th).  The total number is ~375, 30% of that is 113
 - 66% of all known EMC2 forum contributors from initial date of EMC2 decline (~April 20th) to when ECAP was introduced.  Total ~125, 66% of that is 83

As the initiative gains community favor supporters are encouraged to start identifying issues of community concern that if implemented will have a positive effect on EMC2's market value.

The following individuals have endorsed ECAP [#as of June 6]

1)   Armis
2)   djnocide
3)   Cobra
4)   Anonz
5)   IPCoinz
6)   mdtspain
7)   ahumanbeingx
8)   Gauss14   [not registered member prior to May 28]
9)   HKBvM
10) Scrappy Do
11) Lovethecoins
12) Alphi
13) leonar76
14) Bobsurplus
15) bobq
16) GIminer
17) AcLion
18) makishart
19) etoque
20) sneakgeekz
21) chMiner
22) Oldminer
23) wizely

In my estimation the above EMC2 owners account for about 1/2 of the votes needed by coin count, or  1/4 of the votes by forum contributor count.  

ECAP has 1 day left to be adopted, in one way or another the community will have spoken overwhelmingly, silence counts against the measure.

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
Within the EMC2 community, what devs do we have?

From my understanding EMC2 was developed by contract (not the norm / pay lower but certain), not on spec (the norm / pay often higher but uncertain)

When development work needed to be done individuals (ie BobSurplus) sought out developers to do what was needed.    My guess is the tiny few (Foundation + others) who sacrificed much to create and develop EMC2 came out of pocket time and time again to maintain the coin.  

Developers are hard to find, particularly when a coin is highly undervalued, dysfunctional, nonperforming, and unorganized.  Under those hostile conditions developer fees are almost never discounted.

A community that is organized is informed about their: resources, strengths, and goals.  Through group-think and concerted efforts they maximize existing resources to reach their goals.  Such high level organization is often reflected in the coin's performance (higher market values) which make the coin more attractive to both investors and contractors.

Perhaps reach out to Asiacoin devs? I am active there as well, and Maestro and crew are amazing....... I will make a post now.... perhaps follow up? They saved a scam coin, and it is showing serious growth.

I made my posts, please feel free to add input or tell me to STFU as needed. I truly mean the best of intentions.

There were days when my miners were running, and I told myself (get the hell off EMC!) but I believed in this coin, and still do. Please read here if you care about my posts to the AC Devs.... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7138651

Wow, Scrappy Do is an cryptocurrency diplomat. both of those posts were fantastic and it looks like is was received with the care and concern EMC2 needs.  

Without a doubt that was "step-up" excellence The Patient literally requested.

+1 ECAP

Glad to see your endorsement come through.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

From my understanding EMC2 was developed by contract (not the norm / pay lower but certain), not on spec (the norm / pay often higher but uncertain)

When development work needed to be done individuals (ie BobSurplus) sought out developers to do what was needed.    My guess is the tiny few (Foundation + others) who sacrificed much to create and develop EMC2 came out of pocket time and time again to maintain the coin. 

Developers are hard to find, particularly when a coin is highly undervalued, dysfunctional, nonperforming, and unorganized.  Under those hostile conditions developer fees are almost never discounted.

A community that is organized is informed about their: resources, strengths, and goals.  Through group-think and concerted efforts they maximize existing resources to reach their goals.  Such high level organization is often reflected in the coin's performance (higher market values) which make the coin more attractive to both investors and contractors.

Perhaps reach out to Asiacoin devs? I am active there as well, and Maestro and crew are amazing....... I will make a post now.... perhaps follow up? They saved a scam coin, and it is showing serious growth.

I made my posts, please feel free to add input or tell me to STFU as needed. I truly mean the best of intentions.

There were days when my miners were running, and I told myself (get the hell off EMC!) but I believed in this coin, and still do. Please read here if you care about my posts to the AC Devs.... https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7138651
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

When development work needed to be done individuals (ie BobSurplus) sought out developers to do what was needed.    My guess is the tiny few (Foundation + others) who sacrificed much to create and develop EMC2 came out of pocket time and time again to maintain the coin. 

Developers are hard to find, particularly when a coin is highly undervalued, dysfunctional, nonperforming, and unorganized.  Under those hostile conditions developer fees are almost never discounted.

A community that is organized is informed about their: resources, strengths, and goals.  Through group-think and concerted efforts they maximize existing resources to reach their goals.  Such high level organization is often reflected in the coin's performance (higher market values) which make the coin more attractive to both investors and contractors.

sorry guys, i dont understand ecap concept, what will ecap do exactly ? for ex; ecap set buy supports, or pumpt 200 - 300sat, i dont understand,

i know taht i have 3M emc2, and i am holding, and i have BTC, if this ecap rescue emc2, i am in. thanks guys.

Yes, ECAP is a rescue plan for EMC2.   ECAP is an emergency measure, responding to an emergency situation.   HOWEVER, ECAP requires overwhelming permission.

You said you don't understand the concept, ok in its most stripped down self ECAP is an empowerment plan, it provides a very simple guide that if followed will allow the EMC2 community to determine its own destiny.

In order for ECAP to be effective it MUST have overwhelming support within a reasonable period of time.  

ECAP brings the community together for the specific purpose of solving EMC2's problems though consensus.  Individually we target an issue of concern, we bring that issue to the community to address it as a whole, then when consensus is reached on the matter the order is in place for implementation.  

Here's why ECAP adoption will increase EMC2 market value, because it will show the world that EMC2's community is an organized body, an engaged body, a determined body, and a body that is ready, willing, and able to carry out its will.   ECAP by design creates a structural foundation (base not org) that is rock solid -- stable, reliable, and easy to build on.  

Time is of the essence, if ECAP isn't adopted soon it will be determined that the community doesn't want it.

I believe in group think, and consensus it's two of the guiding principles for the whole CC industry.
Activity: 678
sorry guys, i dont understand ecap concept, what will ecap do exactly ? for ex; ecap set buy supports, or pumpt 200 - 300sat, i dont understand,

i know taht i have 3M emc2, and i am holding, and i have BTC, if this ecap rescue emc2, i am in. thanks guys.

the most reliable way to hold a free and fair vote is to use the block-chain itself. Because of point 4 there is no fair forum to hold voting because the community is spread too thinly and a vote in one forum would exclude users of another forum. Therefore, the best way to do it in my view is to hold all the voting on the block-chain itself and simply post the addresses in each of the forums to guarantee maximum participation.

same goes for point 5.. if all issues are put in the blockchain then anyone and everyone can see which issues demand the most attention.

in my mind the process would work something like this... someone creates a list of all issues.. PoW, PoS, Switch to X11, more focus on marketing etc etc etc.. each issue is given its own EMC2 address  and the lists are posted on the front page of each forum. Everyone votes on as many issues as they please sending tiny donations which represent the issues that they consider to be the most urgent.

For example if I want PoS and I want more marketing .. then I would send maybe 10 EMC2 to the PoS address and then 8 EMC2 to the marketing address and so on and so on. The votes are tallied continually based on  an aggregate of number of unique addresses VS the amount of EMC2 donated. The issue with the highest votes is the one that the community tackles first.. when that issue is resolved then then next highest issue is tackled and so on and so on....

if done correctly this gives everyone a say in which changes should be made (if any), guarantees that only people who use EMC2 are actually voting (stops people from trolling the voting process), and doesn't leave people out of the loop who may not be actively checking forums on a daily basis.

I agree, think this is a good setup.

The donations generated from these adresess should go to the ECAP in my opinion

ECAP has no budget or bills, but it really needs more community support, currently 11 of the 12 supporters are valid endorsements we need 72 more valid endorsements to  consider it adopted.   Time is of the essence, we must move with deliberate speed knowing the urgency of the matter.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

the most reliable way to hold a free and fair vote is to use the block-chain itself. Because of point 4 there is no fair forum to hold voting because the community is spread too thinly and a vote in one forum would exclude users of another forum. Therefore, the best way to do it in my view is to hold all the voting on the block-chain itself and simply post the addresses in each of the forums to guarantee maximum participation.

same goes for point 5.. if all issues are put in the blockchain then anyone and everyone can see which issues demand the most attention.

in my mind the process would work something like this... someone creates a list of all issues.. PoW, PoS, Switch to X11, more focus on marketing etc etc etc.. each issue is given its own EMC2 address  and the lists are posted on the front page of each forum. Everyone votes on as many issues as they please sending tiny donations which represent the issues that they consider to be the most urgent.

For example if I want PoS and I want more marketing .. then I would send maybe 10 EMC2 to the PoS address and then 8 EMC2 to the marketing address and so on and so on. The votes are tallied continually based on  an aggregate of number of unique addresses VS the amount of EMC2 donated. The issue with the highest votes is the one that the community tackles first.. when that issue is resolved then then next highest issue is tackled and so on and so on....

if done correctly this gives everyone a say in which changes should be made (if any), guarantees that only people who use EMC2 are actually voting (stops people from trolling the voting process), and doesn't leave people out of the loop who may not be actively checking forums on a daily basis.

I agree, think this is a good setup.

The donations generated from these adresess should go to the ECAP in my opinion
Activity: 798
Alphi, I cannot determine if your post is a general discussion contribution, an ECAP initiative contribution, or both.

If it's an ECAP initiative I will add you as an ECAP supporter and ECAP initiative sponsor, then place your measure on the list of initiatives for ranking order consideration by the community.

it is a suggestion for how the voting can be carried out in one of the fairest and most democratic ways possible given the diaspora of people involved in this project.

I support group action and a more democratic decision making process so if ECAP represents those ideas then of course by all means put me on the list.

Alphi, I cannot determine if your post is a general discussion contribution, an ECAP initiative contribution, or both.

If it's an ECAP initiative I will add you as an ECAP supporter and ECAP initiative sponsor, then place your measure on the list of initiatives for ranking order consideration by the community.

Activity: 798
4)  Where would these matters be discussed?

I believe we've spread ourselves thin with all of the various venues, Bitcointalk / EMC2 has served us well, I see no need for change -- that's my 1 vote.

5)  Who decides how much time will be spent on each discussion?

The first plan sets the tone, however if someone feels that the rules of order is important they should present it for consideration, if the community feels a foundational protocol is of great importance then it will likely be one of the earlier considerations addressed by the community since impact all subsequent plans.

6)  Where would the vote take place?

My single vote is for the vote to take place within this very forum.  

Jump to: