Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 314. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 171
Merit: 100
Some people just want to watch the world dance.
I've not been following the Einsteinium situation very closely lately, but I'm sad to see that things have taken a bit of a downturn. It's always struck me as a nice coin, with some nice features. The community seems to be rallying, which is good to see. One thing that may help, is reducing some of the clutter in the Einsteinium sub-reddit. I appreciate that cross posting science related articles helps keep the subreddit active, but it also creates a ton of noise and creates a general air of unruliness (IMHO). If you're looking to encourage adopters, keeping things like that clean and accessible will likely prove helpful.

Is the biggest problem at present a lack of developers working on the coin? Which features do people believe would give EMC2 the boost it needs? I see a lot of mention of POS (Proof of Stake) functionality. POS, along with anonymous transactions seem to be flavour of the month amongst the other coins at present. Having said that, some of the POS coins (such as MintCoin), also seem to be in a bit of a slump at present too.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I still believe... everyone can have a rebound I've seen it on multiple coins!!!!

Lets get a team together get on twitter and we will see the btc start coming once we get a couple investors these prices will go back over 500 no doubt about it. .. 70 sat is basically we are none existent
Activity: 588
Merit: 501

We still need to find someone to fill the vice-president position and someone for the fifth Board Member seat.

What does the role of Vice President actually entail (apart from covering for the President should he be unavailable?)

Normally, meaning if we were not in an emergency situation, we would have a set of bylaws that would delineate the duties and responsibilities for each person connected to the organization, that would be: the members, the board as a whole, each board members, the chairman, the officers (Pres, VP, 2nd VP, Tres, Secy), Committee Chairs, and committee members, employees.

Although it is not a high priority item (meaning not relevant to market value) the board will likely schedule the creation of bylaws for some later time period.

To answer the question more directly, the VP's chief responsibility is exactly what you indicated (red), with or without other customary or legislative duties.

As the open nomination period is over [...]
Since only one nomination was made per seat and officer position, we don't need elections.
Well with a nomination period of ~2 days, during a week end, don't be surprised of not getting enough candidates to do a proper election.
Maybe I'm the only one not following this topic every hour, but this don't especially sounds like a democracy to me.
Maybe you should extend the "nomination" period a little?

Since April 20 EMC2 lost a tremendous amount of market value; over the past month approximately 40 people have expressed various levels of discontent with the condition we, the EMC2 community, find ourselves in; over the past 20 days the EMC2 community discussed various ways that might revive EMC2; in the past 10 days the Einsteinium Community Action Plan (ECAP) was introduced as a bold initiative to move on those great community ideas, however it failed to get overwhelming community support.  Immediately after that failure, to avoid a leadership vacuum, and to enable the merits of ECAP to be readdressed in a more definitive way an election plan was drafted.  

If you read all of the posts between your two most recent posts you will have all of the details and get a real sense of the mounting frustration many had with the 'time wasting' process of trying to do things in a democratic, responsible, yet expeditious fashion.

Although board and officer nominations are closed you are very much welcomed and encouraged to do all you can to help improve EMC2's condition.  In a couple days the newly elected board will be reaching out to everyone seeking volunteers to participate more in focused ways.  

These low prices are coming to an end, grab them up while you can:
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
Since only one nomination was made per seat and officer position, we don't need elections.
Well with a nomination period of ~2 days, during a week end, don't be surprised of not getting enough candidates to do a proper election.
Maybe I'm the only one not following this topic every hour, but this don't especially sounds like a democracy to me.

With the situation we have right now, we need to act fast if we don't want that coin to die. The time lapse was short, it's true. Give us the chance to put emc2 in the right path. An other election will be called after the first steps are made. With the result given by the actions done by the team in place, we'll try to give more time for any member to nominate who they think is worth the seats. You are welcome to help us with the continuation of the plan in place.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

We still need to find someone to fill the vice-president position and someone for the fifth Board Member seat.

What does the role of Vice President actually entail (apart from covering for the President should he be unavailable?)
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
legendary
As the open nomination period is over, we have :

armis as President & Board Member
mdtspain   as Treasurer & Board Member
djnocide    as  Secretary & Board Member
Oldminer    as   Board Member
Vice president and one Board Member seat still empty.

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
The cottage is now popular currency which is not POS? Most simple cottage POW currency will become extinct!
But I do not want to be vice president Smiley

I'm sorry to see that   

I watch on EMC2, but unfortunately missed some time. What happened to the dev core? anyone left?

From my understanding a remnant remains, but what if everyone left, what would you do?

On the other hand what if no one left, what if the whole dev core was still in place doing the best they could, what would you do?  

To me, it doesn't make much of a difference, I'm looking at the month+ performance record and deciding on that to help it or leave it -- I've chosen to help it.

What if the weak shell of a coin you see now was depending on you to make a come back, what would you do?

Waiting and watching didn't work, discussion of good ideas didn't work, not even a promising action plan; EMC2 problems will only be solved with concerted actions,

Team EMC2 ... will strengthen EMC2 and result in higher more stable market values.   Specifically, we will responsibly and expeditiously address all of the issues brought up by the community, including but not limited to: POS, merge mining, limited exchanges, retail usage, leadership progress reports, official valuations, etc ...

In addition, we we will reach out to other CC communities for intelligence and assistance, and reach out beyond the CC industry for support as well; we will grow EMC2 in such a way that will make the community proud.

Activity: 448
Merit: 254
I watch on EMC2, but unfortunately missed some time. What happened to the dev core? anyone left?
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
But I do not want to be vice president Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
Thank you, I will accept the nomination as  treasurer/ board member

nominate:
armis as president/ board member
ottobene as vice-president/ board member
djnocide  as secretary and board member
Oldminer as board member
Activity: 224
I submit the following nominations:
mdtspain    -    Treasurer & Board Member
djnocide    -  Secretary & Board Member
Oldminer    -   Board Member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I am willing to help with marketing attacking twitter Facebook... hope we rebuild this coin Smiley
legendary
i'll go for the secretary and board member

I endorse your nomination

nominate:

Oldminer as board member

I accept this nomination Smiley
legendary
i'll go for the secretary and board member

nominate:
armis as president/ board member
ottobene as vice-president/ board member
mdtspain as treasurer/ board member
Oldminer as board member
Activity: 196
legendary
legendary
June 12, Vote For Team EMC2

Team EMC2's action plan will strengthen EMC2 and result in higher more stable market values.   Specifically, we will responsibly and expeditiously address all of the issues brought up by the community, including but not limited to: POS, merge mining, limited exchanges, retail usage, leadership progress reports, official valuations, etc ...

In addition, we we will reach out to other CC communities for intelligence and assistance, and reach out beyond the CC industry for support as well; we will grow EMC2 in such a way that will make the community proud.

Vote for Team EMC2 we are committed to excellence, accountability, and value. 

Volunteers wanted, please send me PM.
Jump to: