Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 317. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Activity: 686
+1 ECAP

I will do anything I can to save this coin. I am only a miner, but will do what is necessary.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
big buy wall at mintpal, noway under 90 sat now.

weekend we ll see emc2 at 300 sat asap. i love emc2, i love science. Smiley

maybe you need to clean your screen and/or glasses I see 80 on my screen.

If I remember correctly it started at about 400K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
time
There's no way a community dedicated to science will allow a coin honoring one of the greatest scientists ever to fail.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

maybe you need to clean your screen and/or glasses I see 80 on my screen.
Activity: 678

Activity: 678
wooowww emc2 rising at mintpal Smiley good.

i love emc2
The EMC2 community can revitalize EMC2 with concerted efforts, please support the Einsteinium Community Action Plan (ECAP).  

ECAP is an emergency measure to increase EMC2's market value, and to empower owners of EMC2 within its community.  

With ECAP we identify specific matters of meaningful interest to the EMC2 community, discuss the matter thoroughly with time-sensitive open-air discussion, conduct a community vote on the matter, implement adopted orders, then repeat with a new issue.   ECAP is based on decentralized group-think.  Voting informs everyone of the will of the people.

To get started we create a list of issues we believe, if implemented, will have a positive effect on EMC2's market value.  Since time is of the essence every step will have an expected duration, for this step we allotted 1 day.  As the list is being compiled we simultaneously discuss the order the list of issues should be addressed, after a day of open air discussion, it will be followed by 1 day of voting.  The end result will be an organized list of issues the community has identified as important.

This exercise readies the community for bigger action.  With the list in hand we immediately address the first issue on the list with 1 day of open air discussion followed by a 1 day vote.  Implementation is important and will likely take place simultaneously over many time schedules depending on the complexity of the matter and the resources available.  

Remember each time an issue is raised and properly handled EMC2's market value should meaningfully rise; if you want to see EMC2's market value increase I urge you to support ECAP.

If you believe EMC2 is undervalued, if you believe EMC2 is in a state of emergency, if you believe your EMC2 ownership entitles you to vote on the direction the CC should go, and if you believe EMC2 is deserving of short and long term success I urge you to support ECAP.  

ECAP is ready for immediate implementation, unlike centralized control that needs very few, to do very little, for EMC2 to go nowhere, ECAP needs very many, to do very much, for EMC2 to go very far.  

ECAP needs overwhelming EMC2 community support to work, 'overwhelming' may be expressed in any one of these 3 ways:

- 30% of the coins in circulation (total 104M, target 31M),  
 - 30% of all known EMC2 forum contributors from forum creation to when ECAP was introduced (May 28th).  The total number is ~375, 30% of that is 113
 - 66% of all known EMC2 forum contributors from initial date of EMC2 decline (~April 20th) to when ECAP was introduced.  Total ~125, 66% of that is 83

As the initiative gains community favor supporters are encouraged to start identifying issues of community concern that if implemented will have a positive effect on EMC2's market value.

The following have endorsed ECAP [#as of June 3]

1)   Armis
2)   djnocide
3)   Cobra
4)   Anonz
5)   IPCoinz
6)   mdtspain
7)   ahumanbeingx
8)   Gauss14   [not registered member prior to May 28]
9)   HKBvM
10) Scrappy Do
11) Lovethecoins
12) Alphi
13) leonar76
14) Bobsurplus
15) bobq
16) GIminer
17) AcLion
18) makishart
19) etoque
20) sneakgeekz
21) chMiner
22) Oldminer
23) wizely

Alphi Initiative for EMC2 Community Consideration

... the most reliable way to hold a free and fair vote is to use the block-chain itself. Because of point 4 there is no fair forum to hold voting because the community is spread too thinly and a vote in one forum would exclude users of another forum. Therefore, the best way to do it in my view is to hold all the voting on the block-chain itself and simply post the addresses in each of the forums to guarantee maximum participation.

same goes for point 5.. if all issues are put in the blockchain then anyone and everyone can see which issues demand the most attention.

in my mind the process would work something like this... someone creates a list of all issues.. PoW, PoS, Switch to X11, more focus on marketing etc etc etc.. each issue is given its own EMC2 address  and the lists are posted on the front page of each forum. Everyone votes on as many issues as they please sending tiny donations which represent the issues that they consider to be the most urgent.

For example if I want PoS and I want more marketing .. then I would send maybe 10 EMC2 to the PoS address and then 8 EMC2 to the marketing address and so on and so on. The votes are tallied continually based on  an aggregate of number of unique addresses VS the amount of EMC2 donated. The issue with the highest votes is the one that the community tackles first.. when that issue is resolved then then next highest issue is tackled and so on and so on....

if done correctly this gives everyone a say in which changes should be made (if any), guarantees that only people who use EMC2 are actually voting (stops people from trolling the voting process), and doesn't leave people out of the loop who may not be actively checking forums on a daily basis.

Here are some ways to support ECAP:

1) simply post: '+1 ECAP'  
2) contribute an initiative, post: 'ECAP - _________________________' [title of your initiative] followed by a few cogent paragraphs to introduce it, to indicate why it should increase EMC2's market value, and the reason why it should be addressed and adopted earlier by the EMC2 community.
and/or
3) share this post with others that you know own EMC2.  

If you want to see higher market values for EMC2 support ECAP.

[this emergency proposal expires on June 6, 2014 if overwhelming support is not granted by the EMC2 community]
Activity: 34
Merit: 0

Einsteinium is added to our wiki.
http://coinwik.org/Einsteinium
if you feel like there's something needed to be added to their page like some other facts and links, please do add it and feel free.

Should add:
cryptsy
mintpal
poloniex

exchanges also.

Edit: Nevermind. I did it. It's waiting for confirmation I guess.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

if you feel like there's something needed to be added to their page like some other facts and links, please do add it and feel free.

Thanks Indiguy, nice website!
Activity: 154

Activity: 398
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Activity: 221
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
Stop The Madness

Don't watch the price there isn't any bitcoins getting thrown at it so it's irrelevant.... get the coin going again and then we can move forward and the bitcoins will start to come... 2 trades a day means nothing

ECAP adoption by the community gets the coin going again, but ECAP needs large scale adoption to work.  Did you weigh in on it?
Activity: 658
Stop The Madness

Don't watch the price there isn't any bitcoins getting thrown at it so it's irrelevant.... get the coin going again and then we can move forward and the bitcoins will start to come... 2 trades a day means nothing

Stop The Madness

Look at the 24 hr volume, look at the high and the low for the same period.  All of the data begs for progress, but if the community does nothing then EMC2 will continue to drop.

PLEASE NOTE: the lower EMC2 drops the more difficult it will be to raise its value; I repeat, the lower EMC2 drops the more difficult it will be to raise its value.  Here's why:

Many time when we invest in CCs we do so by the numbers, but at some points along the way we form bond with particular CCs.   That bonding solidifies a base for the CC, if that based becomes fractured the CC performance becomes difficult to rely on.

It was around the time of the infamous bet, while EMC2 was enjoying good performance that it started to gradually slow to weak performance.   To this day I still don't know what the person who bet on EMC2 falling knew to make such a crazy bet.   The slowing could have been connected to many things, but it wasn't until 'the overmilking of the cash-cow' that EMC2 appeared to have lost real performance power, enough for some in the community to speak on it (fracture).   Those who were used to the market swings all said: 'eh, don't worry about it; low prices means good buying opportunity' (fracture repair).   But it wasn't until the major fail, "Tuesday's press release" that the community's base suffered a major fracture.   It was clear at that juncture that the magic-memo lost it's mojo, and that management did not have the resources to fix the problem EMC2 found itself in.  The paper losses were  30 - 65% at that time.   

Some people cut their losses by selling EMC2 to find a better opportunity.   Some bought into the lower values ever hoping for an upswing, when those losses mounted many of them decided to simply stash their coins for a brighter day and move their attention to a better now opportunity.  The simple fact is, if you can't make money here you will likely go elsewhere to make money.   When that happens this community fractures more, and more, and more. 

EMC2 moved from 800 sat to 80 sat in 4 weeks, disinterest is dangerously high, stop the madness, adopt ECAP before it's too late.
Activity: 289
I appreciate everyone for weighing in on the opinions for pure PoS. After some consideration and discussion, it seems to be that a change in algorithm is more what the community wants. That being said, I am finishing up my time helping another coin get off the ground as well as completing my vacation time here in Taiwan. Why have I chosen to help another coin while EMC2 is at such a low point? Simply because of the fact that my time has been extremely limited and the resources needed to turn around this coin are great and vast. A few old friends asked my help and I have been part of a new coin called Digital Commerce which will be accepting at both of my online retail storefronts. The more revenue I can make from my personal work on the side, the more I can push into EMC2 by hiring devs, bounties, vendors, etc.

With multiple other work projects wrapping up I can once again devote some serious time and resources back into Einsteinium (especially come July 1st).

Just to let you guys know, we have some new dedicated team members joining us as well as the fact that I have personally stepped into the #1 position behind the coin. If you have any questions from this point forward, please contact me directly!

Updates to the ANN as well as other official changes will be taking place at the end of the week. Thank you for all your time and dedication.

- Ryan
[email protected]

Ryan STOP!

There's no need for you to assume greater responsibility, in fact I'm asking you turn over the 'leadership keys' to the community so that the responsibility for the coin's success or failure is rightly shared as a community.

Without question ECAP can revive this coin, however some community members loyal to you have not endorsed the bold and liberating plan in an effort to prove their loyalty to present leadership.  Their loyalty to you is hurting you, them, and everyone else involved.

I think in your heart you know you have bitten off far more than you can chew, the evidence is abundant, please respect the evidence.   Please put down the leadership keys, allow ECAP to do what is necessary to save the coin -- trust the community. 

Ryan do the right thing for the coin, EMC2 investors, and future projects -- endorse ECAP.

+1  I believe the community should be making all decisions about the EMC2 coin itself but work together with Ryan and the Foundation for that side of it regarding the NPO, voting, communication with nominees/winners, marketing. This coin still has hope but all the work and responsibility does not need to fall upon Ryan and or a new team.....Work together with the community to take on some of the load in the area where people have many years of experience......the crypto currency part of it. People can have a vote that counts for some of the questions that have come up over the past few weeks/months.
I appreciate everyone for weighing in on the opinions for pure PoS. After some consideration and discussion, it seems to be that a change in algorithm is more what the community wants. That being said, I am finishing up my time helping another coin get off the ground as well as completing my vacation time here in Taiwan. Why have I chosen to help another coin while EMC2 is at such a low point? Simply because of the fact that my time has been extremely limited and the resources needed to turn around this coin are great and vast. A few old friends asked my help and I have been part of a new coin called Digital Commerce which will be accepting at both of my online retail storefronts. The more revenue I can make from my personal work on the side, the more I can push into EMC2 by hiring devs, bounties, vendors, etc.

With multiple other work projects wrapping up I can once again devote some serious time and resources back into Einsteinium (especially come July 1st).

Just to let you guys know, we have some new dedicated team members joining us as well as the fact that I have personally stepped into the #1 position behind the coin. If you have any questions from this point forward, please contact me directly!

Updates to the ANN as well as other official changes will be taking place at the end of the week. Thank you for all your time and dedication.

- Ryan
[email protected]

Ryan STOP!

There's no need for you to assume greater responsibility, in fact I'm asking you turn over the 'leadership keys' to the community so that the responsibility for the coin's success or failure is rightly shared as a community.

Without question ECAP can revive this coin, however some community members loyal to you have not endorsed the bold and liberating plan in an effort to prove their loyalty to present leadership.  Their loyalty to you is hurting you, them, and everyone else involved.

I think in your heart you know you have bitten off far more than you can chew, the evidence is abundant, please respect the evidence.   Please put down the leadership keys, allow ECAP to do what is necessary to save the coin -- trust the community.  

Ryan do the right thing for the coin, EMC2 investors, and future projects -- endorse ECAP.

ECAP is ready NOW to start improving the financial position of EMC2,  the longer you delay your endorsement the harder the whole community must work to get EMC2 back on it's feet.   

Endorse ECAP so that everyone could enjoy happy days again with EMC2

Jump to: