Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 318. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
I appreciate everyone for weighing in on the opinions for pure PoS. After some consideration and discussion, it seems to be that a change in algorithm is more what the community wants. That being said, I am finishing up my time helping another coin get off the ground as well as completing my vacation time here in Taiwan. Why have I chosen to help another coin while EMC2 is at such a low point? Simply because of the fact that my time has been extremely limited and the resources needed to turn around this coin are great and vast. A few old friends asked my help and I have been part of a new coin called Digital Commerce which will be accepting at both of my online retail storefronts. The more revenue I can make from my personal work on the side, the more I can push into EMC2 by hiring devs, bounties, vendors, etc.

With multiple other work projects wrapping up I can once again devote some serious time and resources back into Einsteinium (especially come July 1st).

Just to let you guys know, we have some new dedicated team members joining us as well as the fact that I have personally stepped into the #1 position behind the coin. If you have any questions from this point forward, please contact me directly!

Updates to the ANN as well as other official changes will be taking place at the end of the week. Thank you for all your time and dedication.

- Ryan
[email protected]
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
those who have the coin int Bittrex - the coin is candidate for removal from Bittrex.
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
I have no problem promoting this coin as it is a very  nice layout but I can't take the chance nobody is going to step up to the plate... As a community we have to see what we can do... tshirts stickers local coffee shops... I'm not giving up but I only bought in at 100 I still think we can move mountains

To date they have done a very good job at marketing, that is not the problem here. The issue is in the technical side of the coin itself failing to change with the times of the crypto currency world as most have had to do to survive.  POS implementation would help but will not be enough to save it alone. What good is pushing marketing until it has some value, where voting can continue donations made etc. In the present condition donating to experiment.com directly would be much easier and have more value versus mining/buying this coin. We have not heard when the next vote/donation will be or any recent communication from Dev team with status updates.

The needed action is needed in the coin itself....not increased help with marketing. Don't forget, when the market gets to 450 sat or greater BobSurplus will be dumping his surplus of 3.5million coins on the market. Need to look at the bigger picture here which is not pushing it forward in the current state.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I have no problem promoting this coin as it is a very  nice layout but I can't take the chance nobody is going to step up to the plate... As a community we have to see what we can do... tshirts stickers local coffee shops... I'm not giving up but I only bought in at 100 I still think we can move mountains
Activity: 140
all the ingredients are there, just needs a boost! website looks good, donations to worthy causes are a plus for the coin to, how can crap coins get a makeover and attention while this is sitting here with more going for it than most of them!?!
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
any good news?
Guys, the coin is dead. I kept believing for a long time as well but yesterday I decided to accept my losses and buy DRK with the .2 BTC I had left of the 1.25 BTC I invested. The team obviously gave up on their coin and if you want to see some of your money back I advice you to get into DRK before Bitfinex announces they’ll be adding it to their exchange this week.

The coin is not dead as there are still quite a few members of the community who are still committed to it.  The community needs to come together with a plan (take over Dev) possibly similar to what Asiacoin did, or even reducing number of coins, algo change. Plenty of things could be done with decisions being made as a whole via community voting.

The time has passed waiting for others to take action as they have been given plenty of time and no results (besides a sharp looking website).
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
any good news?

Guys, the coin is dead. I kept believing for a long time as well but yesterday I decided to accept my losses and buy DRK with the .2 BTC I had left of the 1.25 BTC I invested. The team obviously gave up on their coin and if you want to see some of your money back I advice you to get into DRK before Bitfinex announces they’ll be adding it to their exchange this week.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Activity: 140
i hope we have some news soon, or something happens before epoch 3 gets here.........
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
What's new dev are we still working away at putting this coin back together?
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Does anyone want to sell me 1.5 million emc2 at like 60 sats each.

LOL, I'll sell you 3.5M @ 300  450 sat.

Let me know if you want to take me up on my offer!

Shocked haha, nah. Let me know when you come down to a reasonable price lol

As it stands right now, looking at all of the open markets, if you filled all of the sell orders you would get far less than your target inventory for far more than your target price.

A realistic valuation of what you want for an instant transaction is about 500 sat per EMC2.

Those who are willing to sell low EMC2 have listed their inventory, those who have not chosen to sell low have not listed, furthermore, in terms of volume even for those willing to sell low, it seems they are only selling a limited amount perhaps for specific purposes.  Lastly, if you consider the buying time necessary to result in 1M+ coins gathered from exchange to exchanges the value of doing a single transaction deal goes up substantially.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

Shocked haha, nah. Let me know when you come down to a reasonable price lol

Never!!! I'll die losing money on these before I let someone else make money on them!

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

legendary
Activity: 938
Glad you are feeling better Ryan and thank you for the update. This is great news.

The website looks really nice, I'm guessing info about EMC2 coin will be added to that later or will you have a separate site to focus on the coin versus the Foundation.....could be a good idea.
In my opinion proof of stake would be a welcome addition to EMC2 but I really don't think that alone has the power to bring it up out of the ashes.  If you add this somewhere around 5-8% per year sounds reasonable.

The bottom line is miners want X11 algo to save on energy/heat. The support of the miners is needed to get them back mining.....POS will not be enough.

If you want me to show how bad x11 is I will.. I am on hangouts, will send my bamt/myr/grs code. This is the most energy efficient shit I have ever seen. I want to help man...

Agreed. X11 is not for the long win. X11 will fail to meet it's purpose of keeping things fair for GPU miners, and being one of the few that did not jump on the bandwagon will help EMC2. While I believe scrypt to be over vilified, I would be happy to see just about any other algo aside from X11 and even Scrypt-N seems crude for a coin of the future. If it went to a vote many people would choose X11 without understanding the reality of where it stands with regards to Asic resistance. And without that there are far more energy efficient algos to choose from.
Activity: 798
That is correct but the Foundation has labeled this majority of the community as "detractors" if you do not support the decisions they make. The community should take ownership of EMC2 coin portion of the decisions and all development. The Foundation does not own the coin and should not run it like a dictatorship when they need the financial resources of this community to support the end goal of helping science related projects.

+1

if people aren't given the right to vote on key decisions then they will vote with their miners and their wallets.

one thing I have learnt in this past year in crypto-land is that there are many silent people who are not able to articulate their wishes very well in english.
the silent majority should not be ignored for the sake of a few very vocal people.. and I count myself among one of the vocal ones.
Idk, man, but something needs to happen fast. Just change the algo. Do something. Though its already been discussed, there WAS a communitty vote where the vast majority wanted it changed..
That is correct but the Foundation has labeled this majority of the community as "detractors" if you do not support the decisions they make. The community should take ownership of EMC2 coin portion of the decisions and all development. The Foundation does not own the coin and should not run it like a dictatorship when they need the financial resources of this community to support the end goal of helping science related projects.

It looks like there is a delay in voting this month. A big portion of funds for the last two votes came out of Foundation members pockets which was very generous. When EMC2 has this current value either delay or another round of digging into their pockets would be needed.

I once had faith in the Foundation to handle it all but I think they are great at 50% of what is needed with that being Foundation and marketing. These two things are the backbone of an ethical coin like this but not enough alone. The other 50% is the coin itself which should be fully run by the community as a whole. This means taking on development, collecting funding for Dev's, making decisions together as a community through the ECAP. There has to be a better way to work together without all of the work and responsibility falling on the Foundation.
Activity: 574
And was there even a vote for donation this month? or did I just miss seeing that?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
+1 ECAP.

The only thing I would advise would be to make the implementation of the rules happen at predictable times, otherwise if the management is able to implement changes to the algo on a day's notice, the coin will be priced in the market at a suppressed value to account for this random element in its infrastructure. 

For example, there should be regularly scheduled dates for the implementation of any changes, like a holiday schedule, with improvement dates once or twice per year, like Christmas and Easter, by which time the latest set of changes that stand on-deck have been exhaustively discussed and gameplanned already, and the market has therefore already responded with a gentle change in price, and everyone who wanted out had the chance to get out without risking the ride.

And there should be a regimen of code doctrine: like a constitution, which is even harder to make edits to than are the factors downstream.  For example, the PoW vs PoS debate is a constitutional issue. 

So maybe what we call the first round of this program is a "Constitutional Convention."  That way the market knows where and when the coin may change for them and switch from a "hold" to a "sell," and as everyone makes up their mind in the weeks leading up to the planned maintenance holiday when the update is brought online, the price of the coin will gradually but smoothly find its real price, and give a real world reflection of the populations feelings about any new idea.

However, it is more important ultimately, to grant ourselves the power to wield flexibility and not be held back from innovation by unnecessary traditions that valued stoic endurance.  A cryptocurrency is a living cyberorganism.  Therefore it should be equipped with the capacity to adapt and evolve advantageously whenever the benefits sufficiently outweigh the costs.  Don't be hamstrung, just stay rigidly saddled.

Still holding up high hopes for this coin...

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

http://emc.hashrapid.com/

Tier 1 Bandwith
Dedicated Ops on call
One of the original Einsteinium pools
Vardiff enabled
PPNLS payout system
Jump to: