Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 423. (Read 1076366 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

Alt-coins can now be part "commodity", part "currency", and part "kickstarter".

How cool is that?

And EMC2 is leading the way.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Okay.  I just want to say that this coin is seriously undervalued, and as such, you should be either mining it, buying it, or voting for it.  EMC2 is going places.  My buying power is very limited at this point, and maybe yours is too.  Who knows?  All I am saying is that in a few months we will look back at 300, 400 satoshis and think, man I totally could have capitalized a little better on that. I'm not saying you should bet more than you can afford, but as far as something solid to invest in, when it comes to crypto's, emc2 is a great, if not the best, long term bet.  It really can't go much lower, and if it does, it is only marginally so, and it has one of the highest growth potentials.  

I say this as a kindness to anyone who happens to see.  It isn't impossible to start getting into emc2 because it is cheap, and easy to mine. The developers have been on point, and I believe they will continue to impress.  This is without a doubt a great place to at least park satoshis for turbulent times ahead.  Just my 2 Emc2s!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

http://emc2.poiuty.com
New emc2 mpos pool.
Fee 0%, stratum. Welcome!

Activity: 221
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
I am under the impression that:
1: ASICS will just Bazinga! the KGW making difficulty rise.
2: This rise will decrease the number of coins mined in general by "normal miners"
3: Rise in price <=> profit for the small time miners and better payouts to projects we want to support.

And for the people with only dollar signs in their eyes. Imagine how many blocks will be cracked? a.k.a. halving rate goes much faster and your currently mined coins will be worth more automatically.

I myself just passively mine EMC2 with only 300 K/Hash and buy more whenever possible and let this all just happen. Good things will come for EMC2.

"All roads lead to Rome"

We don't have the volume to handle asic miner... Less than 1 month for a coin is nothing,we need many month/years to handle the asic,like litecoin,dogecoin...

This was my thought as well, we are not a mature coin, large scale ASIC can kill us. It could kill the opportunity to build a community and support.

Dogecoin and Litecoin will likely be okay by the time ASICs arrive, they can keep to scrypt. So will some other mature scrypt coins. We on the other hand need the opportunity to build that community, and switching to X11 could be part of what helps us get there. It will allow us to grow more organically instead of being at risk. It will also get people interested who might otherwise not be.  Eventually X11 may have ASIC too, but by the time that happens, we will be a far more mature coin, and large scale ASIC would not pose the same threat. 
Again, this is my opinion on this issue.

Thanks,That's all I wanted to say  Grin

Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
2: This rise will decrease the number of coins mined in general by "normal miners"
3: Rise in price <=> profit for the small time miners and better payouts to projects we want to support.

And for the people with only dollar signs in their eyes. Imagine how many blocks will be cracked? a.k.a. halving rate goes much faster and your currently mined coins will be worth more automatically.

I myself just passively mine EMC2 with only 300 K/Hash and buy more whenever possible and let this all just happen. Good things will come for EMC2.

"All roads lead to Rome"

We don't have the volume to handle asic miner... Less than 1 month for a coin is nothing,we need many month/years to handle the asic,like litecoin,dogecoin...

This was my thought as well, we are not a mature coin, large scale ASIC can kill us. It could kill the opportunity to build a community and support.

Dogecoin and Litecoin will likely be okay by the time ASICs arrive, they can keep to scrypt. So will some other mature scrypt coins. We on the other hand need the opportunity to build that community, and switching to X11 could be part of what helps us get there. It will allow us to grow more organically instead of being at risk. It will also get people interested who might otherwise not be.  Eventually X11 may have ASIC too, but by the time that happens, we will be a far more mature coin, and large scale ASIC would not pose the same threat. 
Again, this is my opinion on this issue.

Activity: 154

http://emc2.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 5 Minutes (for confirmed blocks)
Fee: 0%
Block Reward Bonus: 0.25%

EDIT: We are currently offering a 0.25% block reward bonus for the next 4 hours. A bonus that pays everyone who contributes to the block not just the block finder. If you already with us, prepare to get some more free EMC2 in your payouts, if you still havent signed up, you're missing out on free EMC2 handouts. To confirm that we're actually paying you, everyone will see 'bonus' transactions in their accounts. Enjoy.

P.S. Server migration is complete. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000

"All roads lead to Rome"

Activity: 80

"All roads lead to Rome"
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Still voting for scrypt. The big money is in scrypt and that is where the future lies IMO. Not with a bunch of small time miners crying fair.
I remember reading the same kind of comments about scrypt mining compared to sha-256. At this time scrypt was predicted to die, everyone was telling that ASIC scrypt will be impossible. But well that was long ago, like 6 months already... Time flies!

Small time miners are unlikely to break even by buying a few ASIC devices, so if it can protect against any 51% attack, decrease energy consumption (a science and eco friendly project? That's a bingo!) and remain "fair" to many new users it seems to me as a good idea.
Activity: 56
I kinda hope we don't get listed on cryptorush. After this Blackcoin ridiculousness they seem like a crappy exchange.
And awesome, I voted for the winner  Cool

I want to check out how much the fund has reached...what is the wallet's address where the mined emc2 set aside for donations go?

That is only a problem with POS coins - no stake with EMC2
My guess is by epoch 12 or 25 we are looking at x11 asic if x11 takes off. Who knows. One of the nice things about x11 is reduced energy and ease of use. It isn't just gpu. X11 started as cpu only. That makes it even easier for someone to get mining even if they don't have a gpu. Granted they are still working on getting a cudaminer fork to work with it, it still would be more attractive for emc2. I don't know if HIC is boosted by a lot of whales, but the hashrate is really high for a new coin. The price is as well.  This could be an example of what may happen to coins that adopt x11. The question or fear is what will happen to the new coins without strong mining support now. Just point a few 100MH units at the coin and we may have an issue with 51%. Centralizing means getting rid of all the other options that aren't strong enough to survive the onslaught. I really have no idea what to expect, but I do suspect the price of litecoin will go up because of asics. Just based on the idea that making it more difficult to get coins will make the price rise. The weaker coins, who knows? Many want to cut the fat!
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
It's not just about fairness. The basic idea is that it will be more centralized when the ASIC manufacturers and the people investing in them control the game. It isn't the 100MH unit that is going to make it impossible for Jo blow to get a few coins. It's the second and third generation that will wipe that out. It doesn't hurt to make it easier for the average person to get in on some of the action. This makes it less centralized.

The second and third gen ASICs are still far out, in cryptoterms anyway. KNC are the only ones I would trust with my money at this stage, and even that is somewhat nah after their Plan B. Also, the average Joe might be more inclined to leave the coin for something else in the future than people investing in some expensive hardware. Who is going to support this coin at say Epoch 12 or 25? I know my GPUs will not but I will probably leave quite a few 5w gridseeds on it.
sbn
Activity: 70
So apparently someone just bought up all EMC2 on Poloniex up to 580 satoshi   Shocked

https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_emc2
Activity: 574
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=11864.msg150035#msg150035

"If someone is actually spending money to build a hardware solution for your software application then this is biggest symptom of your software's success.
ASICs is good for Litecoin and all Litecoin derivatives. It's proof that someone is investing millions of dollars in mining Scrypt based coins more efficiently, and people are willing to buy this hardware."

^
This +1.

Still voting for scrypt. The big money is in scrypt and that is where the future lies IMO. Not with a bunch of small time miners crying fair.

I can see the argument for the bolded above, however the underlined above is where I think that post is wrong. Coins that aren't that big yet that use scrypt (such as this one) just wont be able to survive asics.
It's not just about fairness. The basic idea is that it will be more centralized when the ASIC manufacturers and the people investing in them control the game. It isn't the 100MH unit that is going to make it impossible for Jo blow to get a few coins. It's the second and third generation that will wipe that out. It doesn't hurt to make it easier for the average person to get in on some of the action. This makes it less centralized.
Activity: 588
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=11864.msg150035#msg150035

"If someone is actually spending money to build a hardware solution for your software application then this is biggest symptom of your software's success.
ASICs is good for Litecoin and all Litecoin derivatives. It's proof that someone is investing millions of dollars in mining Scrypt based coins more efficiently, and people are willing to buy this hardware."

^
This +1.

Activity: 540
Merit: 500
x11 would be a great addition right now because even though it isn't needed right now there is TONS of hype around it Smiley
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
So we basically just funded a larger portion of that experiment.com project if exchanged to btc/fiat now? Pretty cool.

Yes we did. It feels amazing to be able to partake in this. Being here in the beginning and helping EMC2 fund science is one of the coolest things I've ever done in my life and its only going to get better!

Cant wait to see how we deal with the handover of funds. This should be interesting.

Stay tuned.
Jump to: