Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 424. (Read 1076366 times)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
Guys, do you think the value of the coin would rise if we changed to a new algo, just wondering out loud here.

Yes!but not immediatly, Soon a mass of miner leave scrypt for x11/Jane scrypt, look at blackcoin,vertcoin many miner switch for this:)

Blackcoin is normal scrypt Smiley
Blackcoin is pos, you cant mine it at all. Just like mintcoin.
Well thay are PoS now but the algo they use is scrypt.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
So we basically just funded a larger portion of that experiment.com project if exchanged to btc/fiat now? Pretty cool.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Also I would like to note, we are still early in the coins life, there is going to be instability, ups and downs, etc. It's is something which is traded.
But it is also something which is a vehicle for helping to fund science. Something that we have already done. We will go through it all again next month. The more people we fund, the more scientists and organizations out there promoting us. We are on our first month, and we already have began to fulfill our foundation mission. Seriously...I am looking at the price, a little disappointed, but I feel absolutely incredible right now. This community is helping to fund a cancer research project just by mining, and voting. This is pretty unprecidented.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
More news.
Walter Moss (The Scientist whose project won) has responded to me. He is thrilled to recieve the award.
He was actually promoting it on twitter.

There will be more updates soon!
Activity: 252
Apparently there is now a working version of the client with X11. More info on the algo poll page.
Activity: 210
Would it be possible to convert this coin into pure pos? That would eliminate any mining pump/dump
Activity: 210
Guys, do you think the value of the coin would rise if we changed to a new algo, just wondering out loud here.

Yes!but not immediatly, Soon a mass of miner leave scrypt for x11/Jane scrypt, look at blackcoin,vertcoin many miner switch for this:)

Blackcoin is pos, you cant mine it at all. Just like mintcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
net hashrare ~0.81GH/s
the emc2 community need more miners...

Be patient, you made more coin now ! Smiley
Activity: 1638
Merit: 686
net hashrare ~0.81GH/s
the emc2 community need more miners...
Activity: 252
Got sph-sgminer up and running on my SMOS rig. Ready to go!
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000

I would say darkcoin Grin
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
Many are complaining that the price doesn't rise, but that's quite silly.  Shocked
99% of coins out there are mostly speculative coins with no real relation and/or utility in the real life outside the cryptocoins market, and it's true that if they don't rise they are likely to die. Which other reason they have to exist rather than providing quick gains for early adopters? But if you watch closer you'll see that most of them get just inflated in pump waves which then collaps as the big whales at some point fatally dump. And then they die, or anyay they barely survive, their communities (full of sad empty bagholders) remembering the happy times where their beloved coin was priced 10-100 times more.
Is it that that you wish for Einsteinium?
Unlike other coins, Einsteinium has real positive effects in the outside world, as it produces real usable funds for scientific research. It is guaranteed NO scamcoin. Unlike most of the other coins their developers have revealed their identities and don't feel that they have to hide.
If it would keep actual prices forever the consequence would be that it would forever produce funds for scientific research - it already would be a success, even though as investors we woudn't profit.
But I am SURE einsteinium will rise in price. However, for the higher prices to be sustainable the rise must happen VEEERY slowly, as more and more true science lovers add up to our still little, but beautiful community. ONLY science enthusiasts will go for Einsteinium for the long term and they won't dump the coin as soon as they double or triple their money. We don't really need new miners who are looking only for profit. Miners who are looking just for profit will INEVITABLY dump the coin as soon as they reach their targets, and panic selling of the others will do the rest. You see that everywhere, again and again.
Much, much better to be patient and to wait that more and more science enthusiasts will find us (science magazines and webistes will increasingly speak about us) and join our community thus giving a real higher value to our coin.
People wish for the coin to rise so that it attracts miners because of its increasing value.
But that's nonsense! Or at least a bit naive way to think.
Value is a consequence, not a cause!
There's no sustainable way you can pump the value of the coin before that value is real, a true consequence of non delusional sinergies within the community. This is the tragedy of most of the other crypos.
If you are here for the long term, be happy that it is taking more time for the price to rise, as this means that you will have more time to buy cheap coins which will make you much more happy in future. It also means that more and more true science lovers, as they will discover einsteinium, will have the chance to buy cheap coins. Don't be an egoist, just give time to the new incoming true science lovers to buy more and more cheap coins that they won't easily dump. It's a win-win situation - waiting for the core of the community to have a critical mass is an advantage for everyone.
Multipools and big miners just looking for quick profit would just come and go, leaving a devastated wasteland. Stop hoping to attract the attention of those crypto-locusts. Be patient and wait for the good buyers. Try to think as real investors.
I believe that the longer will will wait for the price to rise, the higher the chance that we will actually manage to become effectively rich (if we managed to buy enough coins in this early stage, of course).  Smiley
Good luck!

Grin btw my 2 EMCS:
EVGeRESfkfes43K2MA3mBbX2WCkGPw5qon
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Activity: 574
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

I buy 200 K for 0,002 Bt

ahh you are willing to pay less than a little? Smiley
Activity: 184
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

Activity: 168
price is down Sad , 0.00000320 and , big sell wall at 0.00000380 with 300K

Dont worry about that, We need people who were mining with no interest in our coin to empty their hands. Once they sell all their coins into strong hands I assume we wont be seeing this much more.

Keep in mind, this is not a pump and dump coin. It will take a moment to get a nice real world value but it will get there!

i am holding my emc2 lot, but i am worrying, cause i have 500K, i think i will sell 200K of this. Sad

I buy 200 K for 0,002 Bt
Activity: 588
here is link:
https://www.mining-asics-technologies.com/product/excalibur-5-asic-scrypt-miner-250-mhs/

It seems they're based in The Netherlands. I'll go down there and trash the place, buy us some time  Smiley.

...The rest of the ASICs are a myth till they are shipped...

Sure, but you're gonna be a little late when it turns out to be real. Haha, love this guy, he cracks me up. Just keep denying... keep it up.

ASICs will come sure. Time will tell of course, right now I see them as a salvation and not a curse. I co-own a 50Mhs GPU farm, but I would rather see the network being secured by low wattage per hash, low maintenance devices that will keep the network alive year after year. Of course the lone miner with a 280x might disagree.
Activity: 116
Thanks for the detailed update derbrause, this is what I've missed over the last days! Good to read that there is a lot of activity running in the background.

Do you also have any plans to promote EMC2 outside the 'crypto-world' (science pages etc.)?
Activity: 84
What's going on with our beloved coin?

I'm missing the marketing power, which is surely available...
Twitter account and reddit wasn't updated regarding the end of the project-voting, forum activity is way less then at / after launch, no feedback to any of my thoughts / questions from the Einsteinium team etc. etc. ... have you depleted your initial motivation?  Sad

Stagnation will let a coin slowly die, in this fast crypto-world. Low coin-price results in less miners results in less funding capital results in a coin which isn't attractive anymore (what nobody wants).

If there are no news it's ok and absolutely normal because it's not possible to have plenty of them every day. But now the very first voting was done... a really big milestone for EMC2 and I didn't find any news about it at the internet.

Im sorry that you feel unheard bitminton so i would like to take the chance to answer aaaaaaaaall the questions you stated on the last 30 pages. I read them all and was thinking of it but i wasnt really able to answer them as a lot changed from hour to hour. Everytime i started to answer your questions something changed so i deleted my written text :-).

Guys we are currently in a lot of brainstorming internally.. we shipped through the sea of the first epoch voting and reached the harbour without dismasting and this is truly awesome! Now is the time to rethink how the epoch went and do a little drilldown in "lesson learned". Especially the Feedback out of the forum needs to be screened.

Currently we are workin on so many projects that the marketing somehow lacked a bit - I totally agree here.
In the future i will promise to give you steady updates about the projects we are working on

So here it comes:

- Our Webdeveloper had worked something like 100 hrs in total to support the Website and the voting and make it secure and easy. As you might have seen the appearance of our website has changed slightly in the frontend but in the backend almost everything changed! That was a lot of work and a lot of manpower was involved here
- The reddit website ( reddit.com/r/einsteinium ) was redesigned (in a closed subreddit) to fit the current website - We had a little moderator-status-problem which is solved right now so that we are looking forward to implement the new layout and some more features within the reddit
- Our twitter account was somehow locked as we had no access to it - Things are going to be sorten out and we will soon start to tchilp again (Guess i will have to do this .. yeeeah Cheesy )
- Have you seen the explosive amount of Facebook user? https://www.facebook.com/groups/einsteiniumgroup/ - 206 user within 2 days - Tipping-App and a new Android App. WOW!
- Monitoring Poloniex makes me a bit sad as it seems like people are dumping it like hell - but to be honest... i guess the weak hands are giving their emc2s to the strong hands. I guess i like that :-)
- We are always between Nr. 1 and Nr. 6 @ coinwarz which is a good sign to raise awareness
- We were working on the multilanguage site which is now locked to the region-code. So if a guy or a gal out of RU is surfing @ einsteinium.org he or she will see the site in RU. That took a lot of time
- We are working on implementing the Thai and Chinese Translations and starting to promote the coin on the Asian market...

Beside of all the above: If i read through every other coin-thread .. i have the feeling that this is the one with the most active team members of the coin answering and mentioning stuff :-).... dont you think that im right here?

Last but not least;

we are going to test the fork logic to x11 tonight on testnet. (shhht!)
( we dont want you guys to loose already mined coins because of this.. so this will take a bit of time)
Jump to: