Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]GenesisCoin rebirth | n-Scrypt | POW/POS | DWG | POS soon - page 2. (Read 24335 times)

Activity: 480
Merit: 250
I've been thinking that this coin needs a developer takeover, ala WhiteCoin. Obviously it has good specs and despite all the reversals people are still mining it, so there's a community here to build from. Thoughts?

usually those coins don't end well, better to let it die

If we could successfully make the switch to PoS then it wouldn't require a full time developer for this coin to continue.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
I've been thinking that this coin needs a developer takeover, ala WhiteCoin. Obviously it has good specs and despite all the reversals people are still mining it, so there's a community here to build from. Thoughts?

usually those coins don't end well, better to let it die

If the dev has not released the POS wallet at the beginning of June he has definitely abandoned this coin.

Agreed. I think we should seek out a new developer if the original developer doesn't release the new wallet by June. That seems perfectly reasonable. In the meantime I suggest we keep voting for GNS on Comkort.com. It's been rising through the ranks, so let's keep it up. This would be a great little exchange for GNS.

https://comkort.com/vote

Well it's June now and still no word from the original developer of GensisCoin. Is anyone else interested in finding a new developer for this coin, or is it time to call it quits?
Activity: 266
Interesting wallet.
Yes the Dev had some great idea's, shame he wasn't to committed to this project though.  He could of made a name for himself but instead ruined it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Interesting wallet.

If the dev has not released the POS wallet at the beginning of June he has definitely abandoned this coin.

Agreed. I think we should seek out a new developer if the original developer doesn't release the new wallet by June. That seems perfectly reasonable. In the meantime I suggest we keep voting for GNS on Comkort.com. It's been rising through the ranks, so let's keep it up. This would be a great little exchange for GNS.

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

GNS/BTC market on SWISSCEX is closed. Coin is dead.

Hi all,

We decide to release POS wallet in next week, at the beginning of May.

We will post our current wallet to Mega.

Thanks.

As I have been saying for a while, this dev is clearly full of lies and is wasting people's time.  I actually think this was a project by some school kid who took on more than he could chew.  Good luck with this coin guys and I hope the dev proves me wrong, doubtful though.

Not if we can get it on to another exchange. It's been moving up the comkort voting list for some while now.
Activity: 472
Activity: 154

-> Come on to http://gns.coins4everyone.com!

Our pool is UP and RUNNING!

To get plenty of Genesis Coins, just point your miners to:
Stratum: stratum+tcp://stratum.coins4everyone.com
Port: 3474

Come on, we need more hash power, point your miners to our pool and let’s spread hashrate! ;-)

It's a shame your pool went down overnight for a good 10 hours or more.

I can't afford to leave my rigs pointed there for such downtime.

On another note, I see ther genesiscoin website doesn't work, and that my wallet won't update, even with the latest peers.dat file....
Has this coin ran it's final days???

i don't know what you talking about.
anyway, first rule of the miner: always set failover pool, that's what everyone should do.
Activity: 472
Dev, waiting for some news.
Guys I would not do any voting or any promotion at all until the dev gets a bit more serious about this project.  As you can see he doesn't say much and is never on.  He doesn't seem the sort of dev that will take this coin anywhere through lack of enthusiasm and lack of any real of communication or commitment .
If the coin want to be listed in mintpal, it need 20+ BTC, it is too much.

Maybe the devs need try to add it to some other new exchange platform.

I agree mintpal is probably out of reach right now (they are a bunch of extortionist crooks anyway IMHO). I would suggest comkort.com They are a great exchange with the best interface of ANY of the exchanges I've used, great customer support and I think it's reasonable to get GNS added there. Plus it's already on the list, just need to start voting (once per hour if you aren't registered, 3 times and hour if you are).

voted

I agree mintpal is probably out of reach right now (they are a bunch of extortionist crooks anyway IMHO). I would suggest comkort.com They are a great exchange with the best interface of ANY of the exchanges I've used, great customer support and I think it's reasonable to get GNS added there. Plus it's already on the list, just need to start voting (once per hour if you aren't registered, 3 times and hour if you are).

I like devs that don't give up. I will mine it.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Keep voting on Mintpal.
Pages:
Jump to: