Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]GenesisCoin rebirth | n-Scrypt | POW/POS | DWG | POS soon - page 5. (Read 24335 times)

Activity: 1313
Merit: 302
I too really like the specs on this coin, but you are correct in saying that if no one mines this coin before POS starts it will not go anywhere.

We need to spread the coins out to the masses in order for it to succeed.

From what the dev says they are working on this coin... but unless we can get the word out before POS starts, it may be pointless.

we need to focus on marketing right now... proper working links to the wallet would be a really good start.

should probably look into fixing the source on git as well so others don't have to jump through hoops to get it working.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Launch it on Bter pls.
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
I have the wallet, where can I put it for you all to download ?

I have noticed that some coin developers use MEGA file hosting. You can just upload it there, and put a link to it.
Activity: 238
I have the wallet, where can I put it for you all to download ?
Activity: 5
Hi all,

We obstinately sure that after 10 weeks, PoS will be enable.

GenesisCoin team.

Dev if you still want this coin to survive you have to do something more. Dead links to wallets ain't helping Smiley
Activity: 182
Hi all,

We obstinately sure that after 10 weeks, PoS will be enable.

GenesisCoin team.
Websites down, Can't get a wallet.  Bought a bunch sent to Crypto rush, never showed up... Ahhhhhh, my luck = 0.   POS with some neat features someone fix this!

The website being down is really a bad sign. The source code for the wallet can be found on github. Though I like the specs on this coin, at this point I'm probably not going to mine it. I have serious doubts about the developer's continued commitment.

Still can't compile.

Code:
src/qt/chartpage.cpp:10:20: fatal error: Qpainter: No such file or directory
 #include
                    ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/chartpage.o] Error 1

What is the version of your QT base?
You can comment this line then try again.

Thank you! Deleted that line, then got a load of crap about mgw48 type stuff but I've dealt with that before...

So, if it helps anyone on Xubuntu 13.10:

chmod+x ./build_detect_platform in /genesiscoin-master/src/leveldb

Then delete the #include Qpainter line in /src/qt/chartpage.cpp

Then delete the BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mgw48-mt-s-1_55 line in bitcoin-qt.pro

...and it will build.

Coin devs really should be made to follow their own instructions and then be beaten with a stick when they don't work. Wink  Haven't managed to build a single wallet yet without some sort of faffing.

I had the same problems. I did the chmod the same way you did. Instead of commenting out the "#include " line, I changed it to "#include ", since that include exists on my computer. Also I changed the "LIBS" definition in Makefile. I replaced:

"-lboost_system-mgw48-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_filesystem-mgw48-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_program_options-mgw48-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_thread-mgw48-mt-s-1_55"

with

"-lboost_system -lboost_filesystem -lboost_program_options -lboost_thread"

and that made the libboost errors go away.

I've seen some people blame Linux, when they had problems compiling the wallet on Linux. But the problem isn't Linux. The problem is that the coin developers haven't tried compiling the source under Linux. If they did, they would have discovered these problems with the wallet's source code. The wallets for many other coins have similar problems.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Well someone should host the new wallet if there is a copy.  It's already on Poloniex, Swisscex, CryptoRush (becoming solvent it appears). And maybe some others I dont pay much attention too Cheesy  It wont be worth anything when POS starts if no ones mining until that point
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Yeah this wasnt a bad coin, dont know why the developers left it...
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Websites down, Can't get a wallet.  Bought a bunch sent to Crypto rush, never showed up... Ahhhhhh, my luck = 0.   POS with some neat features someone fix this!
Hello friends!
We've updated wallet at http://gns.pool.mn
Feel free to join us for 0% fee and 100% uptime!  Grin

So you can scam more people? I mined 4412 confirmed CateDoge coins at your pool and only was able to get 1300. I wrote a polite email about it and sent it to you; you didn't respond.
Activity: 45
Hi,

the download of the new wallet not works on http://genesiscoin.info/genesiscoin-qt_win.zip

Anybody may send me a link to the new windows wallet?

Thanks in advance!
Activity: 54
Activity: 279
Merit: 250

[/quote]
I pm them and they answered they were doing majors change in the coding for the POS and they will communicate when finished...
I tried to convince them to communicate ongoing .... but they didn't.
I do not believe they don't care about this coin, but they don't care enough about this forum!
[/quote]

After reading the last posts, cant really blaim them for not using the forum much.
Lets see what goes when the POW is over. Still think Genesis have a very active Developer.
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
Look like dev don't care about this coin any more  Undecided
I pm them and they answered they were doing majors change in the coding for the POS and they will communicate when finished...
I tried to convince them to communicate ongoing .... but they didn't.
I do not believe they don't care about this coin, but they don't care enough about this forum!
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
Look like dev don't care about this coin any more  Undecided
Activity: 56
Kestrel71, you are an idiot! Suck on this you poor loser...

Haha, I am so hurt by your statement.  Enjoy your worthless coins Smiley  I bet you're still just one of the pool owners pets.  

Just because you didn't win doesn't mean it's right to spread slander about the pool or the pool owner. You make yourself look like a spoiled brat because you didn't get your participation trophy. Grow up and face the fact that you didn't win.

Lol pool pet still trying to make it look like your legit? ok...funny.  I sold my 6 million GNS at top prices ages ago, what did you sell yours at if you even can now, who's the loser again? suck on that Smiley  

Again with the accusations. You don't take losing very well.
I don't mind losing I just don't like scammers like yourself and your pool.  If I hadn't of messaged all your/his fake accounts on here for a few days and hassled him I doubt he would of even put up those names up for competition. Anyway I am done with you and your lies have fun.

I'm not associated with pool.mn, I just mine there. Again, your accusations are ridiculous!
Activity: 238
This Coin have such a great idea and is easy to mine, has scrypt-N and everything, it will have POS also, lets start build up the name and get some words out that it's hard forked and so much better now.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Kestrel71, you are an idiot! Suck on this you poor loser...

Haha, I am so hurt by your statement.  Enjoy your worthless coins Smiley  I bet you're still just one of the pool owners pets.  

Just because you didn't win doesn't mean it's right to spread slander about the pool or the pool owner. You make yourself look like a spoiled brat because you didn't get your participation trophy. Grow up and face the fact that you didn't win.

Lol pool pet still trying to make it look like your legit? ok...funny.  I sold my 6 million GNS at top prices ages ago, what did you sell yours at if you even can now, who's the loser again? suck on that Smiley  

Again with the accusations. You don't take losing very well.
I don't mind losing I just don't like scammers like yourself and your pool.  If I hadn't of messaged all your/his fake accounts on here for a few days and hassled him I doubt he would of even put up those names up for competition. Anyway I am done with you and your lies have fun.
Pages:
Jump to: