Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]GenesisCoin rebirth | n-Scrypt | POW/POS | DWG | POS soon - page 4. (Read 24335 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
I had polo send to the wallet i d/l yesterday and create address.. anyways overnight no sync no connections.. any nodes?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
In my opinion, if you want to save this coin :

- clean the genesiscoind source code for Linux. I wanted to install a daemon on one of my servers and the build failed at first, then after correcting few minor issues, I finally obtained a Windows genesiscoind.exe  Huh EDIT : my bad, it's ok

- web site must be on again

- swisscex GNS market is still alive but they will close it if nobody buys a little

- you can vote 5 times per hour on mintpal
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Cant sync wallet?Huh
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
You are lucky !
My account of 22,434,470.65608914 GNS in http://gns.pool.mn just disappeared ....
No transaction to my wallet, no funds ......
I hope that pool operator will fix that ...
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
We are investingating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP.

Payouts disabled, you will not receive any coins to your offline wallet for the time being.

From the pool....
Now, everythink is all right.

Dev, we need another one exchange
We are investingating issues in the backend. Your shares and hashrate are safe and we will fix things ASAP.

Payouts disabled, you will not receive any coins to your offline wallet for the time being.

From the pool....
Activity: 9
Hi !
I have a problem with gns.pool.mn too - can't withdraw my GNS Sad
Is there some info what is the problem ?

Dev, thanks for info;)

BTW what is going on with gns.pool.mn ? I can't withdraw my funds Sad
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hi all,

We decide to release POS wallet in next week, at the beginning of May.

We will post our current wallet to Mega.

Thanks.
Activity: 480
Well this isn't good.

Poloniex:
"The following markets will be delisted on April 23rd: GNS/BTC, GNS/LTC"
I can't tell if this coin has already failed spectacularly or is the best hidden gem in crypto-currencies. If the developers would only communicate more readily (and could keep a website up) we'd have a sense of confidence. Still they insist the switch to PoS is coming, which could spell huge changes and another chance for real success.

I've got to wonder if there isn't something going on in the background we're not being told about. Aren't the new BitCoin ATMs called Genesis Coins or something like that (seem to remember seeing that somewhere)? Maybe the developers are getting threatened by that companies lawyers. Still a simple rebrand (and everyone seems to agree a new logo is needed anyway) could take care of that. I just wish we had more communication.
Activity: 548
Merit: 501
Genesiscoin diff fall to 0.02, time for mining?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 266
I know the developer is hardly communicating, but when will there be a wallet with the fix for the Heartbleed SSL bug?

man i think the power cost for the pc someone would use to exploit heartbleed would exceed the market cap of genesis coin
I know the developer is hardly communicating, but when will there be a wallet with the fix for the Heartbleed SSL bug?
Activity: 54
Hi all, i'm still mining this coin. So I have the latest wallet downloaded from the official site: genesiscoin-qt_win.zip - https://mega.co.nz/#!txYTDZxY!7nOxG1VEdmqrQAyy6MGk8nu9cyF4UxbMigEK0_pQGGE
If you have problems with sync here is genesiscoin-data.zip - https://mega.co.nz/#!10pG3ITZ!sTk62hHW6bnhIRW4HbQlNzfKBSUKqOpzempjTDu8_hg

If you don't want to download genesiscoin-data.zip try to use this genesiscoin.conf on first start (it works for me):
Code:
rpcuser=genesiscoin
rpcpassword=genesiscoinsecretpassword
rpcport=44669
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
addnode=188.226.133.40
addnode=113.181.79.34
addnode=205.234.139.125
addnode=85.114.128.128
addnode=148.251.77.99

wallet for donations  Smiley : gq9Wo6FoeTj2RieSEJF2DkPCc9GHyEdLVB
Activity: 5
Hi there,

I still like your coin and I'm minig it Cheesy

But the downside of this coin is that you can't do anything with it.
At least a gambling site would be cool and the best thing is: I'm working on a GenesisCoin dice gamble site right now!

If you have any questions feel free to ask me any time you want Smiley

Oh and here is my wallet address: gnPsD1vPyyXSaeEFXv9n4gANkQ3jWdKFHo
Activity: 238
Not forked, only CR that runs an old wallet, poloniex and swisscex and the pools I have tried works well with new wallet

Here is the link : https://mega.co.nz/#!R1BxnJ7a!enQi26x9K9zW_3psrGiTCIuWbGX8qWGgztGjKG6btdQ

Hope it works first time using MEGA for me ,,
Activity: 214
I too really like the specs on this coin, but you are correct in saying that if no one mines this coin before POS starts it will not go anywhere.

We need to spread the coins out to the masses in order for it to succeed.

From what the dev says they are working on this coin... but unless we can get the word out before POS starts, it may be pointless.

we need to focus on marketing right now... proper working links to the wallet would be a really good start.

should probably look into fixing the source on git as well so others don't have to jump through hoops to get it working.

The developers can set the POS to start whenever they want to. So I think that things need to get fixed first before there is a marketing push. Right now the blockchain has forked, and because of it I don't imagine there are many people mining. The faucets weren't working and have now closed down. I hope this coin does succeed; I like the idea of distributing a large portion of the coins through faucets.
Pages:
Jump to: