Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GSX] Glowshares: Community Driven Blockchain Development - page 23. (Read 90443 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
The blockchain is the future
Looks interesting, have been looking for another new gem in Crypto. Dev's answers seem very technical as well.
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
IoT seems to be the new buzzword in crypto. No real substance as of now though
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Look a very interesting coin. I'm going to buy a few.
Activity: 770
Merit: 506
So, what exactly are the ICO funds going to be used for? To hire a developer that can do copy-paste-search-replace, and then to promote the coin via parties with hookers and blow?
Good question!

I am the developer and will be handling the code personally. Funds are used according to the Lean Startup methodology.

The Lean Startup methodology has as a premise that every startup is a grand experiment that attempts to answer a question. The question is not "Can this product be built?" Instead, the questions are "Should this product be built?" and "Can we build a sustainable business around this set of products and services?" This experiment is more than just theoretical inquiry; it is a first product. If it is successful, it allows a manager to get started with his or her campaign: enlisting early adopters, adding employees to each further experiment or iteration, and eventually starting to build a product. By the time that product is ready to be distributed widely, it will already have established customers. It will have solved real problems and offer detailed specifications for what needs to be built.

A core component of Lean Startup methodology is the build-measure-learn feedback loop. The first step is figuring out the problem that needs to be solved and then developing a minimum viable product (MVP) to begin the process of learning as quickly as possible. Once the MVP is established, a startup can work on tuning the engine. This will involve measurement and learning and must include actionable metrics that can demonstrate cause and effect question.

So, you're doing this ICO so you can raise money to start a business... And the business will do... something, it'll do it very lean and use funds very well... but not quite sure what will actually be made by the business.

Cool plan, true innovation. will definitely invest 100 BTC

Voting on the blockchain will be the coins first innovation, one that I feel you are not giving enough credit. Voting in a real world scenario is flawed to the core. Decentralizing it, making it trustless and transparent on the blockchain, fixes those fundamental flaws. Human nature is the weakest link, so we remove it from the equation. Then we take that innovation of voting on the blockchain and actually use it ourselves to further the very project that created it.

Treating altcoins like a business is something that I would like to see more of. I'm confident people with a business background like myself will immediately understand what I'm trying to do here and see the vision.

I agree voting in the real world is totally flawed and wide open for corruption.  BLockchain/Coin tech would change that and it would be brilliant to see something like this adopted in the future.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
So, what exactly are the ICO funds going to be used for? To hire a developer that can do copy-paste-search-replace, and then to promote the coin via parties with hookers and blow?
Good question!

I am the developer and will be handling the code personally. Funds are used according to the Lean Startup methodology.

The Lean Startup methodology has as a premise that every startup is a grand experiment that attempts to answer a question. The question is not "Can this product be built?" Instead, the questions are "Should this product be built?" and "Can we build a sustainable business around this set of products and services?" This experiment is more than just theoretical inquiry; it is a first product. If it is successful, it allows a manager to get started with his or her campaign: enlisting early adopters, adding employees to each further experiment or iteration, and eventually starting to build a product. By the time that product is ready to be distributed widely, it will already have established customers. It will have solved real problems and offer detailed specifications for what needs to be built.

A core component of Lean Startup methodology is the build-measure-learn feedback loop. The first step is figuring out the problem that needs to be solved and then developing a minimum viable product (MVP) to begin the process of learning as quickly as possible. Once the MVP is established, a startup can work on tuning the engine. This will involve measurement and learning and must include actionable metrics that can demonstrate cause and effect question.

So, you're doing this ICO so you can raise money to start a business... And the business will do... something, it'll do it very lean and use funds very well... but not quite sure what will actually be made by the business.

Voting on the blockchain will be the coins first innovation, one that I feel you are not giving enough credit. Voting in a real world scenario is flawed to the core. Decentralizing it, making it trustless and transparent on the blockchain, fixes those fundamental flaws. Human nature is the weakest link, so we remove it from the equation. Then we take that innovation of voting on the blockchain and actually use it ourselves to further the very project that created it.

Treating altcoins like a business is something that I would like to see more of. I'm confident people with a business background like myself will immediately understand what I'm trying to do here and see the vision.
Activity: 439
Merit: 250
mmmmmm
Good question!

Activity: 770
Merit: 506
Im liking this one a lot actually.
I sthis correct

Bittrex will host 900,000

only 900k in total.  If so I likey like  Shocked
Good question!

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
here for a while
Good question!
Activity: 60
Wait, a coin that actually has innovation and 5+ POD. Interesting!

Really like the idea to actively involve the community in its roadmap through in-wallet voting.
Activity: 439
Merit: 250
mmmmmm
legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
a nice use of the blockchain technology
Activity: 334
Looks pretty interesting, haven't seen any other coins with built in voting.
With the whole Crypto community trying to be decentralized, I don't like to be at the mercy of the developers' choices.
Will definitely be watching this and most likely buying in. This could turn out to be something really big.
Though I'm not really into ICOs like this, I've been anticipating the next iteration of blockchain voting since Heavycoin.

So one coin (staked or simply held in-wallet) equals one vote?

Does voting take place in-wallet? If not, where? If so, how far along are you in programming voting into the wallet?

Still working out the coin-to-vote ratio, it partially depends on what the total supply will be, which depends on how many coins are sold in the ICO.

Voting will be available within 30 days after the ICO ends and takes place in-wallet. After gathering feedback from the community and making any necessary revisions, it will be pushed to the main wallet. After that, we vote on the first blockchain project.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
No one learning from the last few months I see..
BRO is the only ico I'd look at, and it haven't touched it either.
Activity: 826
The only thing I am seeing on this ann so far are some neat graphics and a little line of text implying that this coin is going to bring something new. This won't pursuade me to buy any though, as the amount of info I can obtain from the OP is scarce. Let's hope this will change over time.
Interesting one, I like very much the idea of a decentralized voting system on the blockchain. Name and design look neat.

By the way, what does it have to do this coin related with the Internet of Things?

Internet of Things in the context of a blockchain implies decentralization, rather than connecting devices to a closed source, centralized infrastructure.

I am a believer in that all ICO it is scam Cool but keeping my eye on this Roll Eyes I like to see the revolution  Cheesy

I can't blame you for being scared of ICOs. Thank you for at least taking a look.

Are you the Glowcoin dev?

No.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
█ If you want logo pm me █
I am a believer in that all ICO it is scam Cool but keeping my eye on this Roll Eyes I like to see the revolution  Cheesy
Activity: 784
Merit: 1005
Interesting one, I like very much the idea of a decentralized voting system on the blockchain. Name and design look neat.

By the way, what does it have to do this coin related with the Internet of Things?
Activity: 980
Must say I like the idea "decide the path of GlowShares".

Will be watching this thread.
Pages:
Jump to: