Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 223. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 596
Merit: 500
Ok, I'm worried again - I reported the other day that I transferred a couple of thousand HUC from Poloniex right before the problems were announced... I reinstalled the client and was able to sync from scratch and I ended up on the longest chain (same one as f2pool) and I was happy to see that all my HUC was there.

Up until yesterday the HUC block explorer was reporting the balance correctly, even though it apparently wasn't on the correct chain. Well, as of today the block explorer is no longer reporting the 2 transactions I made the night of the fork - it is reporting everything before that night and a test transaction I made yesterday.

Someone please tell me that the block explorer just needs to be synced and nothing has been rolled back. I am in the process of syncing my local wallet now, but that will take all night as it's over 4,000 blocks behind  Sad
legendary
Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

we are working on patches atm.. many performance improvements, forks less likely to happen (hopefully not at all), syncing from scratch works, seems no checkpoint needed, stability of daemon seems better than ever (have not yet had one crash with daemon, although have not tested with mining)

issues working on.. possible some deadlocks, rpc not responsive during sync and sometimes when synced (does kickin after a while)-- seems these are some old bitcoin issues.

will keep you updated.

Thank you for the updates. Sounds like the team is making great progress.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
NIX here too, very much awake & very not a nerd  Smiley

I also don't have constant security issues & updates, viruses, etc, etc........ Cheesy Cheesy

OK let's put it simply, any coin or app that relies on linux will stay small, never go mainstream. It's got to run on what people use, not what a small minority like.
Being removed from Apple store even damaged bitcoin.
Using linux is like heating a swimming pool to boil an egg for most people, they prefer things easy and quick to use.

...and yes, you're into crypto and linux, go buy a green hornet T shirt Smiley

I wouldn't say it relies on it, just a noticeable performance difference on my hardware.. so much so I no longer even try to play on my win boxes.

Also, I am a proud super nerd but no Hornet T's... more like Army of Darkness

What's wrong with the price?
It's really down on Poloniex!

5 days of people playing, and a lot of people will sell at any price. It just means cheap coins right now. It will turn around though. These cheap prices won't last forever. i.e. Get 'em now. (I scooped up a whack load. Smiley )

Same here! I try to buy a little bit each day to supplement my mining.

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
So I had been happily playing, had around 6 or 6 players, some with hunters, some without. Got stuck 24-36 hours ago and had to redownload and sync. SAME CHAIN, the one from f2pool, as I had been all along. I finally finished syncing this morning and I find that I only have 1 general and zero players with no deaths recorded in transactions. I also seem to be missing around 5-8 coins. Anyone have an idea of what happened and if I can fix it?

possibly you was on the fork.. so your tx is not valid on the main chain.

you can try -rescan when you run the client just incase though

I'm on windows 7, and the wallet works fine.

Question that went unanswered, is it safe to attach my savings wallet right now or should I wait?

yes should be.. but if you just keep your wallet safe anyway will be ok (unless it has lots of tx from a fork)

----

we are working on patches atm.. many performance improvements, forks less likely to happen (hopefully not at all), syncing from scratch works, seems no checkpoint needed, stability of daemon seems better than ever (have not yet had one crash with daemon, although have not tested with mining)

issues working on.. possible some deadlocks, rpc not responsive during sync and sometimes when synced (does kickin after a while)-- seems these are some old bitcoin issues.

will keep you updated.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
I'm on windows 7, and the wallet works fine.

Question that went unanswered, is it safe to attach my savings wallet right now or should I wait?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
So I had been happily playing, had around 6 or 7 players, some with hunters, some without. Got stuck 24-36 hours ago and had to redownload and sync. SAME CHAIN, the one from f2pool, as I had been all along. I finally finished syncing this morning and I find that I only have 1 general and zero players with no deaths recorded in transactions. I also seem to be missing around 5-8 coins. Anyone have an idea of what happened and if I can fix it?
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

I also don't have constant security issues & updates, viruses, etc, etc........ Cheesy Cheesy

OK let's put it simply, any coin or app that relies on linux will stay small, never go mainstream. It's got to run on what people use, not what a small minority like.
Being removed from Apple store even damaged bitcoin.
Using linux is like heating a swimming pool to boil an egg for most people, they prefer things easy and quick to use.

...and yes, you're into crypto and linux, go buy a green hornet T shirt Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I'm experimenting a bit with tx fees. So far adding a fee seems to work. Just a casual observation though. Even 0.001 seems to work ok. So, for anyone that has had trouble, give it a shot.

Thanks! I will try this and let you know.
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
I'm experimenting a bit with tx fees. So far adding a fee seems to work. Just a casual observation though. Even 0.001 seems to work ok. So, for anyone that has had trouble, give it a shot.
copper member

5 days of people playing, and a lot of people will sell at any price. It just means cheap coins right now. It will turn around though. These cheap prices won't last forever. i.e. Get 'em now. (I scooped up a whack load. Smiley )
copper member
I need some reputable guy to fix my wallet, get it on the right chain and transfer coins to address of my choice. 300 HUC award.

I don't have idea what to do here, I can't download blockchain from that mega link, downloads breaks during the process and there's no way I could sync this damn wallet.

EDIT: Actually, I guess I am on the right chain, just sent 1 HUC to Poloniex and it went through. Why the hell I can't sync then??

First, back up your wallet, then make sure that you're using the latest client in the OP.

Try this:

1) Close the wallet
2) Open up a command prompt and cd to your QT folder
3) Type "huntercoin-qt.exe -rescan"

That should fix things for you.

If not, see this post:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5709519

That should get you sorted.

Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
Seriously though..... why does it take more than 5 tries to get the wallet to load? EVERY TIME I open the wallet, I get the popup window from windows, saying "the program is not responding". I kill it and try again. Usually after 5 tries or so, finally it loads. Anyone else have this happen?

The solution is to not use windows.

Yeah and huntercoin will thrive on all those linux boxes in the world.  Cheesy
Wake up. Most people use Windows and for anything to grow past a few nerds it's going there..and as there's plans for it to run on Android and tablets etc. obviously that's been realized long ago.

Where this coin might just be game changing is how it can break out of the current crypto circles and into just about anywhere that people play a game and wouldn't mind it making them money rather than costing them money.

Without opening the *nix vs win argument, I am awake. There is a noticeable difference in performance between mint and win7 and never once on any of my *nix boxes have I had the app time out.

I'd guess from the panicky posts in here when trading was down that our chinese friends are doing this for a real time income and are cashing out now they can get some. Volume isn't big, I'd take that as an opportunity to buy cheaply rather than a reason to panic.

That troll box, it's very accurately named.  Wink
Seriously though..... why does it take more than 5 tries to get the wallet to load? EVERY TIME I open the wallet, I get the popup window from windows, saying "the program is not responding". I kill it and try again. Usually after 5 tries or so, finally it loads. Anyone else have this happen?

The solution is to not use windows.

Yeah and huntercoin will thrive on all those linux boxes in the world.  Cheesy
Wake up. Most people use Windows and for anything to grow past a few nerds it's going there..and as there's plans for it to run on Android and tablets etc. obviously that's been realized long ago.

Where this coin might just be game changing is how it can break out of the current crypto circles and into just about anywhere that people play a game and wouldn't mind it making them money rather than costing them money.
Activity: 887

It went down because the scared little pussies are selling them Smiley

I'm pretty heavily invested, if I had the extra BTC's I'd buy more, but I promised myself I'd never go into my cold storage savings.  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 926
Zoltan - PD Moderator

It went down because the scared little pussies are selling them Smiley
Activity: 31
Activity: 448
Merit: 280
I need some reputable guy to fix my wallet, get it on the right chain and transfer coins to address of my choice. 300 HUC award.

I don't have idea what to do here, I can't download blockchain from that mega link, downloads breaks during the process and there's no way I could sync this damn wallet.

EDIT: Actually, I guess I am on the right chain, just sent 1 HUC to Poloniex and it went through. Why the hell I can't sync then??

I had problems with the mega link using firefox.. for some reason it freezes on 55%.
After a couple of tries I gave that up and tried with chrome.. it downloaded in 15 mins. Extracted all files in the roaming directory and restarted the wallet.. it took about 24hrs to sync but it's ok now.
Hope that helps Smiley

Problem with firefox too, must use Chrome with mega, if not I can download anything.
Activity: 6

I had problems with the mega link using firefox.. for some reason it freezes on 55%.
After a couple of tries I gave that up and tried with chrome.. it downloaded in 15 mins. Extracted all files in the roaming directory and restarted the wallet.. it took about 24hrs to sync but it's ok now.
Hope that helps Smiley
Jump to: