Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 224. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Has the chain thing been fixed yet? What's the polonex chain at?

Edit: I did a test and sent in 1 HUC my current block is 96989 it went through.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I need some reputable guy to fix my wallet, get it on the right chain and transfer coins to address of my choice. 300 HUC award.

I don't have idea what to do here, I can't download blockchain from that mega link, downloads breaks during the process and there's no way I could sync this damn wallet.

EDIT: Actually, I guess I am on the right chain, just sent 1 HUC to Poloniex and it went through. Why the hell I can't sync then??

I was all stuck and ended up just saving my conf file and backing up wallet.dat, renamed the folder roaming/huntercoin-old, and then restarted the wallet to make a new folder there. Close wallet, drop in conf file, open wallet, wait. It takes forever to download the whole blockchain, but once its done close the wallet, replace the existing wallet.dat with the one you saved, reopen. Then all your coins are there and you are synced.

Make sure you dont have the bad node in your conf file. If i remember right, it is something like 132.132.xx.xx.

Also, I gotta ask.... how many freaking coins must you have in there if you can afford a 300 coin bounty??? Totally jealous here....  Grin
Activity: 448
Merit: 280
Remember the MintPal voting guys Smiley

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Shitcoins have a lot of bot, they're voting all day long and up artificially their coin to the top list. Added to this a BTC vote with a premine's dump...
HUC will be added at Cryptsy, and with Cryptsy at other exchange I hope. BTER.com, Mcxnow, Mintpal etc.
I need some reputable guy to fix my wallet, get it on the right chain and transfer coins to address of my choice. 300 HUC award.

I don't have idea what to do here, I can't download blockchain from that mega link, downloads breaks during the process and there's no way I could sync this damn wallet.

EDIT: Actually, I guess I am on the right chain, just sent 1 HUC to Poloniex and it went through. Why the hell I can't sync then??

I was all stuck and ended up just saving my conf file and backing up wallet.dat, renamed the folder roaming/huntercoin-old, and then restarted the wallet to make a new folder there. Close wallet, drop in conf file, open wallet, wait. It takes forever to download the whole blockchain, but once its done close the wallet, replace the existing wallet.dat with the one you saved, reopen. Then all your coins are there and you are synced.

Make sure you dont have the bad node in your conf file. If i remember right, it is something like 132.132.xx.xx.
Activity: 1191
Merit: 506
This is who we are.
i do believe huntercoin is avant garde  in  cryptocurrency history.

and we shall be patient and devs are really dedicated to our coin!

Practicing patience..  AH fuck ADD strikes again!
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
Seriously though..... why does it take more than 5 tries to get the wallet to load? EVERY TIME I open the wallet, I get the popup window from windows, saying "the program is not responding". I kill it and try again. Usually after 5 tries or so, finally it loads. Anyone else have this happen?

The solution is to not use windows.
Seriously though..... why does it take more than 5 tries to get the wallet to load? EVERY TIME I open the wallet, I get the popup window from windows, saying "the program is not responding". I kill it and try again. Usually after 5 tries or so, finally it loads. Anyone else have this happen?

Don't kill it - just wait. The hanging happens on my computer too but resolves in about 30s usually.

Me too, the "program not responding" but he's still syncing. Just wait and let him works.

Thanks for the responses, both of you. I'll just wait next time.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 448
Merit: 280

Don't kill it - just wait. The hanging happens on my computer too but resolves in about 30s usually.

Me too, the "program not responding" but he's still syncing. Just wait and let him works.
Activity: 359

Activity: 288
Gents, is it safe to attach my savings wallet just yet? I've run out of HUC in my harvest wallet, but don't feel comfortable attaching my savings as of right now with everything that is going on.
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
www.cd3d.app
This seems to be the worst coin out there.. It's OK you wanted a little innovation with that game, but come on.. The wallet doesn't sync at all, it takes ages to see a transaction few weeks older.. The client freezes and consumes huge amount of memory (It works like shit with 8GB ram). You should put the transaction in one chain and the game on an online server, without the need to sync offline.. It would be better and I guess people would appreciated much more.. Otherwise it's just stupid and lame..
I am sorry I bought some coins to start the game.. pfff. worst decision ever..
I've had every issue imaginable, and not had any serious trouble fixing them (once you know how). It's the first time this has been ever been attempted. The scale of the project is well beyond many other altcoins. So, a few bumps along the way are to be expected.

I'm currently running what could be the next wallet release as I continue testing Huntercoin - Mithril Edition with MithrilMan. The improvements in this version are astounding. CPU usage is way, way, ways down.

All of this is experimental software. We're at the front of the biggest, most important software beta in history - the cryptocurrency beta. This is pushing all of that forward by a massive amount. 

So, will there be more blips? Sure.

Ask Snailbrain about plans for a faster version though. A centralized server version where people connect without downloading the blockchain is on the table, but Snailbrain would have to tell you more as I don't know much beyond that.

The upshot there is that you'd be able to play without any significant downloads and lower web traffic, which would of course be faster, as well as having other advantages.
+1

i do believe huntercoin is avant garde  in  cryptocurrency history.

and we shall be patient and devs are really dedicated to our coin!
Activity: 252
hello, havnt played hunter for 2 week , is there a new wallet to download ?
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
appeal to all, hold the course and do not sell coins cheap!

I've been yelling in the trollbox for people to dump & give me cheap HUC~! Smiley

Sigh... not working so well. People are holding. I think we'll see a reversal fairly shortly. It's flipping around 65k to 75k sat or so, but doesn't seem to want to go any lower.

This seems to be the worst coin out there.. It's OK you wanted a little innovation with that game, but come on.. The wallet doesn't sync at all, it takes ages to see a transaction few weeks older.. The client freezes and consumes huge amount of memory (It works like shit with 8GB ram). You should put the transaction in one chain and the game on an online server, without the need to sync offline.. It would be better and I guess people would appreciated much more.. Otherwise it's just stupid and lame..

I've had every issue imaginable, and not had any serious trouble fixing them (once you know how). It's the first time this has been ever been attempted. The scale of the project is well beyond many other altcoins. So, a few bumps along the way are to be expected.

I'm currently running what could be the next wallet release as I continue testing Huntercoin - Mithril Edition with MithrilMan. The improvements in this version are astounding. CPU usage is way, way, ways down.

All of this is experimental software. We're at the front of the biggest, most important software beta in history - the cryptocurrency beta. This is pushing all of that forward by a massive amount. 

So, will there be more blips? Sure.

Ask Snailbrain about plans for a faster version though. A centralized server version where people connect without downloading the blockchain is on the table, but Snailbrain would have to tell you more as I don't know much beyond that.

The upshot there is that you'd be able to play without any significant downloads and lower web traffic, which would of course be faster, as well as having other advantages.
Activity: 80
Merit: 2
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
appeal to all, hold the course and do not sell coins cheap!
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
Wow, quite nice.  Nice article to start with, was waiting for this.
Maybe one should add, that Mikhail Sindeyev sadly passed away. It's his legacy. R.I.P. SAD NEWS Mikhail Sindeyev (thecoder) has Died Suddenly

Thanks! Smiley

I didn't add that for a few reasons. First, time pressure. Second, I'd have to write up a lot more (like a huge amount) than is there to get a semi-coherent article-flow to work it in. I wanted to get that done right. There's a lot of room for improvement still.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
It will be AMAZING when HunterCoin is just a matter of downloading and opening the wallet.

I've jumped through so many hoops so far with this, I've forgotten why I even wanted it in the first place.
Jump to: