Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 79. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
If the critical section implementation is different for each OS, and daemon is more stable than Qt on windows, was the v1.3.01 release daemon cross-compiled?
Imo it can be fixed by only allowing 1 thread at a time to use critical block. CPU is only the bottleneck with very fast SSD and internet, and then it doesn't matter.

domob said this may lead to other issues because it was not anticipated when the code was written.

need more testing, what happens if threads are suspended individually.

for me, the daemon wasn't more stable, but to be fair i haven't checked with 1.3.01

i didn't cross-compile any huntercoin exe yet

i'm going to crosscompile huntercore today..

i'll try a full sync for both original and huntercore probably later
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
NMC is rising. and Huc is following up?
Activity: 403
Merit: 251
Just got a thought which I think would be nice for the game:

It would be awesome if at some point, the world of Huntercoin would be as immersive as for example in World of Warcraft or other MMORPGs in terms of environmental interaction and game depth.

Is there any storyline so far for Huntercoin? I could help with that.

We could build a Huntercoin universe together where the community votes upon how they would like to shape the Huntercoin world.

The devs are doing a great job on the tech side. The community could do the job of inhaling a spirit into the Huntercoin world.

What do you think?

Huntercoin as a game engine has a few things going for it.

One is, the only serious performance concern is "transactions per block",
the world can be huge, and it's mostly the amount of micro-management that limits the number of players. Less micro-management, less transactions per block.

I like the little RPGmaker sprites. There are so many of them, if the community collect and categorize the 10000 best and most unique looking,
loading them all in vram is not a problem.

Generally, programming interactions would be as easy as for a single player roguelike (data base and gamestate take care of everything really)
if you could do a hardfork every week, but need thinking outside the box if not. The result is then Huntercoin and uses only
Huntercoin rules to do things but has evolved somehow...

If the gameworld would be somewhere in Planescape what plane would it be? Wink

But you could produce a signature which proves that you own the private key associated with a historical hunter for banking its coins, right?

A voting system could even work without such a proof, and be really simple and fast.

For example, vote is cast by sending coins to the "historical hunter" player address.

The voting must have a closing time (block height), the actual vote (i.e. yes or no, 1 or 0, or perhaps a choice #1, #2 ... #10), and a "weight" in coins.
If 2 different polls never have the same closing time, and closing time is always multiple of 100, then to vote "Yes, #4, for the round of voting that closes at block 1358000, with a weight of 50k" can be done by simply adding all these numbers and sending 50000.01358014 coins to yourself.

If recipient is not a historical hunter's address (on record in game state), the act of voting can create a new record, with
"unknown whale" as hunter name. (*)

parsing of all incoming payments
https://github.com/wiggi/huntercoin/blob/betterQt-with-storage/src/gamedb.cpp#L94

gamestate record,
this doesn't interfere with normal huntercoin function, and it's probably easy to include both in daemon
https://github.com/wiggi/huntercoin/blob/betterQt-with-storage/src/gamestate.h#L279

A vote would be overwritten by one with more coins, and deleted if its tx id (what is the fastest way to get OS independent hash of it?) is seen as "input" of another tx.

(*) Min amount can be low or zero but then it's stored only for a few days, to avoid spam.
    Same if NPCs start to do artificial atmospheric actions, sneak around, or give cosmetic items to hunters
    (i.e. the facility that can store items forever is an item itself)

If the critical section implementation is different for each OS, and daemon is more stable than Qt on windows, was the v1.3.01 release daemon cross-compiled?
Imo it can be fixed by only allowing 1 thread at a time to use critical block. CPU is only the bottleneck with very fast SSD and internet, and then it doesn't matter.

domob said this may lead to other issues because it was not anticipated when the code was written.

need more testing, what happens if threads are suspended individually.

legendary
awesome wiggi, will check this out.. can you do a PR?

-

Regarding slow blocks atm.. it's probably related to f2pool being under ddos attacks, maybe they have not restarted merged mining..

looks like someone mining just script, maybe with p2pool (just a guess).. (or maybe f2pool are just mining scrypt atm)

I've not checked it, but yes, I strongly assume that there are quite some deadlocks and race conditions in the old code.

Updated windows build to fix this
https://mega.nz/#!eUMwhK5J!g0aJv1PX6ewWDMsm78BBeQAqWWZ0sZctDrZquUnic90

It includes a hacked ThreadSocketHandler2 function (snippet in readme) to investigate if
the thread is still killed by deadlock. I found 1 case:

debug.log:
Code:
ThreadSocketHandler2 stage 10, count 8, loops 17 (3/s)
ThreadSocketHandler2 stage 3, count 3, loops 16 (3/s)
ThreadSocketHandler2 stage 3, count 3, loops 0 (0/s)

and it's easy to look up...

Code:
        //
        // Find which sockets have data to receive
        //
[snip]
#ifdef PMON_DEBUG_WIN32_GUI
        pmon_debug_stage(3);
#endif
        CRITICAL_BLOCK(cs_vNodes)

...what caused the problem, in combination with CriticalSection implementation on windows.
Probably there are some more.  Cool

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
Man the field looks empty! Am I on the right chain?

Blocks are slower than the hubs of hell too..
Take advantage of the extra coins while you can... I'll be back in the game soon Cheesy
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Yes the game and Blocks are slow today mmmm
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer

legendary
Isn't yuanbaohui huge volume? If that's something we could possibly do, it would be amazing.

I have already written up a great submission article about HUC which I used to reach out to Bittrex on behalf of the HUC devs and community; I could easily edit it for sending to other exchanges, as well. Just give me the proper submission link and/or introduction, and we'll get it done. Smiley

[email protected]

[email protected]

try this two.   
legendary
Isn't yuanbaohui huge volume? If that's something we could possibly do, it would be amazing.

I have already written up a great submission article about HUC which I used to reach out to Bittrex on behalf of the HUC devs and community; I could easily edit it for sending to other exchanges, as well. Just give me the proper submission link and/or introduction, and we'll get it done. Smiley
legendary
http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html
(Major Chinese exchange)
Not on voting list yet

https://bter.com/voting#HUC
(BTER is a struggling Chinese exchange, HUC might help them)
#11 out of 291 coins

I'm not sure of the process of how to get listed on BTC-e, but these Chinese exchanges might be more readily accomplished. If you have an account that's done some trades, already, PLEASE use it to vote for HUC! Smiley

we can try these 3 exchanges.

yuanbaohui.com
bigow.com
btc38.com

altough yuanbaohui.com and bigow.com are full of scams,  They also list some coin with solid reputation, such as factom.

I know Yuanbaohui.com and btc38 have staff speaking English, but not sure about bigow.com, which is new but hot exchange.

It'd better if members of devs reach out to these exchanges. It would seem official and serious if we layout the history, features, and futures of HUC.

good luck!

HUC will be among big 5 or big 10 in the future!

legendary
https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583854-Submitting-a-Coin-to-Bittrex-Updated-02-29-16
U.S. based exchange
Submission should be by somebody familiar with technical stuff.

We have already reached out to Bittrex, and they are considering listing us again--our listing submission was formatted and received well, but they want to be sure we'll have enough trade volume to warrant it. If you already have a Bittrex account, you might motivate them to list it faster by sending a message about your desire to trade it to their support team... you can do so at the link in the quoted post above.

http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html
(Major Chinese exchange)
Not on voting list yet

https://bter.com/voting#HUC
(BTER is a struggling Chinese exchange, HUC might help them)
#11 out of 291 coins

I'm not sure of the process of how to get listed on BTC-e, but these Chinese exchanges might be more readily accomplished. If you have an account that's done some trades, already, PLEASE use it to vote for HUC! Smiley
legendary

I've tried a lot in the past.. the issue now is the blockchain size and sync time
i know we've recently reached out the bittrex - awaiting a response.

i'm hoping once huntercore is good to go we can more easily get it added to more exchanges.

Would be seriously cool if they react to the higher volume now and eat the big chain (exchanges will use an unpruned node anyway imo)

How about btc-e.com?  the volume there is decreasing, but btc-e.com is a serious altcoin exchange, which will bring more exposure to HUC.

Anyway, HUC is quite original form BTC--NMC
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Help

I put the upzip Blockchain in the C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Huntercoin

then start the huntercoin-qt   but it will not accept Blockchain
 it always starts download the Blockchain from the network  108 weeks

any other ideas to help me out

Try to unzip with something besides the the built in windows unzipper thing. Use 7zip for instance. The built in windows unzipper has some issues with really big zips.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Help

I put the upzip Blockchain in the C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\Huntercoin

then start the huntercoin-qt   but it will not accept Blockchain
 it always starts download the Blockchain from the network  108 weeks

any other ideas to help me out

legendary

tbh, i've not checked recently - but that is probably one difference between the windows and linux compile (boost version). I've used easywinbuilder for huntercoin exe's in the past, i can check the version difference if you think that could be related..
i didn't notice any compile error though?

Latest version that works for me is 1.54, but didn't really look into this. Can easywinbuilder use the newest (1.60)?

just checked.. using 1.54 and the ones i've been compiling since launch

have you tried a sync from scratch on windows?

tbh, i've not checked recently - but that is probably one difference between the windows and linux compile (boost version). I've used easywinbuilder for huntercoin exe's in the past, i can check the version difference if you think that could be related..
i didn't notice any compile error though?

Latest version that works for me is 1.54, but didn't really look into this. Can easywinbuilder use the newest (1.60)?

I've tried a lot in the past.. the issue now is the blockchain size and sync time
i know we've recently reached out the bittrex - awaiting a response.

i'm hoping once huntercore is good to go we can more easily get it added to more exchanges.

Would be seriously cool if they react to the higher volume now and eat the big chain (exchanges will use an unpruned node anyway imo)

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
Did you say there is an open beta?

When is the beta starting? Smiley

Information on the website would attract more people.
Pages:
Jump to: