Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 81. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Thnaks wiggi,

not sure what trying to do there Cheesy
in the past we used symlinks using small ram drives to speed up the process on low end systems

i've had problems using the same wallets in multiple instances in the past (characters not showing on one but in the other), but this may be different.

The setup/guide i've posted is so you can play instantly from your android device using android unity client and have the daemon running stable on a remote linux server.. the windows daemon/qt loses sync sometimes..

once setup, you can vpn in with 1 click from your device/pc, run the unity client, and away you go.

It's only for 1 client, but you can connect to it from your windows pc, android etc at the same time, - as everything is done through RPC it should be fine to connect to it with multiple clients, although i think i wouldn't recommend it - i'm not sure what happens if it has stacked up game_waitforchange's

--

p.s. wouldn't be impossible to setup for multiple users..
there was some discussion originally with mikhail and i think domob regarding being able to run multiple clients from one chain.. (and/or using the old "accounts" functions)
was one idea for centralized server version, but was scrapped in favour of some other ideas
Activity: 403
Merit: 251
I've wrote a guide for setting up your own instant play ubuntu openvpn huntercoin server on digital ocean..

although it could do with someone going over it for security purposes, it should allow you to play on your android device anywhere anytime instantly.

it's a big post but extremely simple to do..

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=22247.msg26488#msg26488

isn't ideal and is really just a temp work around for those who want to get their hands dirty and "play".

would be good if any linux/security gurus could help make it more secure if required..

I'm confused.. this is for 1 user, but would it be difficult to modify for more users?

Speaking of confusion, I hit myself over the head today: heureka, hardlinks Cheesy
So, the following is IMO the best method to run Huntercoin on Windows only, works even for old notebooks (without VT-x).

First, copy the blockchain to a subfolder, in this example "huntercoin-betterQt-20160221-exp\_huc", and "-datadir=_huc".

Make a copy of the entire Huntercoin folder, but without blk0001.dat to blk0004.dat. They are full and won't change anymore,
and in a few days blk0005.dat will be at maximum size too.

Replace them with hardlinks:
Code:
mklink /H "C:\huntercoin-betterQt-20160221-clone\_huc\blk0001.dat" "C:\huntercoin-betterQt-20160221-exp\_huc\blk0001.dat"

In the clone's config, change port and make it connect through tor browser bundle:

Code:
#port=8398
port=8397

#Tor Browser Bundle listens on port 9150.
proxy=127.0.0.1:9150

Now both nodes can go online, and if wallet.dat is bloated, send coins to a fresh wallet (that has a backup) at the clone node.
If the old wallet is empty, and some hunters are in "adventurers.txt", do for each of them:

Code:
importprivkey   false

No rescan required, if the old wallet is empty.

Backup the clone node wallet, and use it with the first node too. Now both running in sync but connected differently.
This is similar to RAID1, unless internet dies completely, they won't stall at the same time.

PS
trick question: if both nodes are used to send moves (switching at random) will the wallet files remain identical even if old and bloated?

PPS
this is also an easy way to use different clients at the same time
legendary
I've wrote a guide for setting up your own instant play ubuntu openvpn huntercoin server on digital ocean..

although it could do with someone going over it for security purposes, it should allow you to play on your android device anywhere anytime instantly.

it's a big post but extremely simple to do..

http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=22247.msg26488#msg26488

isn't ideal and is really just a temp work around for those who want to get their hands dirty and "play".

would be good if any linux/security gurus could help make it more secure if required..
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
P.S.
player is a term in huntercoin that i try always to avoid because it confuses too much with the game concept of player, that's the human playing the game and controlling the hunters

I think "human" or "human player" sounds too clumsy, so "players" are human, hunters are characters (who need more character)
and generals and soldiers are both "hunters". (soldiers being dormant)

that's not an account, i mean you can play in a single wallet multiple players and thinking about a gamer that uses simultaneous multiple accounts in a wallet isn't something right imo

moreover, once that player dies, that address is gone (afaik) and you can't reuse that. I'm not sure tho what happen if you transfer every hunter to another address, if the transferred hunters share the same address, but anyway you can't force people use the wallet in that way. Moreover, the address isn't even mnemonic, so you'd end talking to the gamer HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE, etc...

The address is fine (as any "re-used" address). If someone send coins there, it means coins and hunter(s) owned by the same player.
And the game also has recorded a bit about the hunter's doings.

For example, when it comes to voting what feature to implement next, or anything that need subjective interpretation, it would be better
than Nushare's system (only vote + weight in coins) if the motion result page reads like
"Foobar, who owns 150 thousand coins, has slain 10 bandits and 300 common hunters, and lived for 90 thousand chronons, votes YES"

The ancestors of such an individual hunter used different names, but not always. Players have a habit of reusing names. Of player characters. Gamer HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE is more a demon possessing the characters, perhaps likes talking but is not forced to do anything or to provide anything.

Another example. Individual player sprites are a cheap (performance wise) way to make the game look better, and there are many RPG maker sprites done with talent and skill, usually "free to use, no strings attached". If based on popular culture characters, this would be fair use.

And probably some players would want their party of hunters look like characters from some anime/game/movie. In practical terms: player would make hunters, transfer each to their usual name addresses, get new look (same in all clients).

This is also the most basic "inventory item". If it has no gameplay effect and doesn't cost anything (and saving the data in gamestate is a bit overkill) perhaps it's not too difficult to achieve consensus about the "rules" (how to get one? incentive for player to convert sprites to Huntercoin format? how to eventually move saved stuff to a different address?)

But you could produce a signature which proves that you own the private key associated with a historical hunter for banking its coins, right? Then if someone starts using your habitual hunter name to mimic you, you can verify yourself as the original. If you switched addresses, just send a trivial amount of HUC from your former one to prove mutual ownership. I imagine a client could be designed to take care of such things automatically.

This would be the way to go if the coin has only transaction messages and otherwise is a vanilly Bitcoin clone.
Keep sending coins from your address to itself, and tx message can be game moves or "Hi game, my new addr is ...".

The Huntercoin player name address is just more convenient to use.

Btw
if someone starts using your habitual hunter name to mimic you, you can verify yourself as the original.

sounds horribly, horribly wrong, like someone wants that players go "Papers please" on each other.
It should be made absolutely clear that the problem is NOT someone mimicing someone.

The problem (actually only a part of it) is this: when hunters die, the game will delete all information about them. And hunters are guaranteed to die,
with no place to hide anything. Think Gothic 1, only all prisoners get murdered every few days and the place is carefully stripped of
every item that could be of use for the new ones, so that it becomes a proper hard labor camp and instead of an epic adventure. See? Cheesy

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Awesome idea! is HunterCoin the only player in this niche at the moment? I wanna try this ASAP
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
But you could produce a signature which proves that you own the private key associated with a historical hunter for banking its coins, right? Then if someone starts using your habitual hunter name to mimic you, you can verify yourself as the original. If you switched addresses, just send a trivial amount of HUC from your former one to prove mutual ownership. I imagine a client could be designed to take care of such things automatically.

that's not an account, i mean you can play in a single wallet multiple players and thinking about a gamer that uses simultaneous multiple accounts in a wallet isn't something right imo

moreover, once that player dies, that address is gone (afaik) and you can't reuse that. I'm not sure tho what happen if you transfer every hunter to another address, if the transferred hunters share the same address, but anyway you can't force people use the wallet in that way. Moreover, the address isn't even mnemonic, so you'd end talking to the gamer HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE, etc...

The address is fine (as any "re-used" address). If someone send coins there, it means coins and hunter(s) owned by the same player.
And the game also has recorded a bit about the hunter's doings.

For example, when it comes to voting what feature to implement next, or anything that need subjective interpretation, it would be better
than Nushare's system (only vote + weight in coins) if the motion result page reads like
"Foobar, who owns 150 thousand coins, has slain 10 bandits and 300 common hunters, and lived for 90 thousand chronons, votes YES"

The ancestors of such an individual hunter used different names, but not always. Players have a habit of reusing names. Of player characters. Gamer HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE is more a demon possessing the characters, perhaps likes talking but is not forced to do anything or to provide anything.

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!

another problem (it depend from you POV) is that current implementation doesn't have an "account" concept, so people doesn't have someone to talk with but talk only by hunters (so no identity)
this could be a plus or not, but as a gamer i prefer to have someone to talk with

You can pick the same name for your Hunters every time, but I guess then someone else could use that name and pretend to be you. What about if each private key reserved a name?

Hunter names are only flavor, but player name addresses are really "accounts", if your hunter transferres to an address that another hunter used yesterday, and if the hunter can do another move. Then it's the same player (at least know the same privkey).

P.S.
player is a term in huntercoin that i try always to avoid because it confuses too much with the game concept of player, that's the human playing the game and controlling the hunters

I was used using this conversions:

player -> General
non General hunters -> hunters

actually with latest changes, there are no more multiple hunters under the control of a general, so would be better to call just Hunter instead of player and forget about general/normal hunters.
IMHO would be nice to change every occurence of that old therms out of the game

another problem (it depend from you POV) is that current implementation doesn't have an "account" concept, so people doesn't have someone to talk with but talk only by hunters (so no identity)
this could be a plus or not, but as a gamer i prefer to have someone to talk with

You can pick the same name for your Hunters every time, but I guess then someone else could use that name and pretend to be you. What about if each private key reserved a name?

Hunter names are only flavor, but player name addresses are really "accounts", if your hunter transferres to an address that another hunter used yesterday, and if the hunter can do another move. Then it's the same player (at least know the same privkey).

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Hello all

I new here  Is there a bootstrap ?
the wallet slow in downloading

bootstrap: http://chain.huntercoin.org/

snail, consider adding the bootstrap link to the OP

thank you
Activity: 232
Merit: 100

Hello all

I new here  Is there a bootstrap ?
the wallet slow in downloading

bootstrap: http://chain.huntercoin.org/

snail, consider adding the bootstrap link to the OP

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
wow, nothing to say.

kudos to domob, wiggi, snailbrain, milthrilman, and all ppl contributed to this resillent coin.
Activity: 1039
Merit: 510
Chat:

The unity client has IRC chat integrated - it connects to freenode #huntercoin

Awesome, I like that Smiley
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
amazing to see this still going...

was it not from the same person that created namecoin? he died if i remember correctly?

always love the concept though be great to have it back

a brief history.

- in 2011, VinceD (rumored to be satoshi) announces BitDNS and the community starts to build what is now Namecoin.
- Namecoin is hot stuff, introduces merged mining, and is the first bitcoin fork and effectively, the first side chain.
- Namecoin development fizzles and takes a back seat to bitcoin's epic rise through 2013.
- khal continues to develop nmc with some die hard help in the background.
- snailbrain and thecoder (mikhail) pick up some slack on the QT GUI so users can have a nice looking wallet.
- snailbrain and thecoder fork nmc to create huc.

its a passion project supported by people who think its cool as shit.

the rest is just gravy.

legendary
Chat:

The unity client has IRC chat integrated - it connects to freenode #huntercoin

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
But we can see unconfirmed transactions floating around the P2P network, right? So why does it have to be included in a block for us to access the text  Huh

yes that's true, we could use that to chat, even if current implementation allow you to talk on a behalf of a specific hunter
I mean you can send a chat message only performing an action with one of your hunter, this way you have to do a move/destruct with it or if you just send a text you should anyway wait the move to be accepted before you can take again control of the chatting hunter

We should do that, then! Grin We only need confirmations for coin transfers and things that affect the game world. There is no benefit to double-spending a text message.

Activity: 955
Merit: 500
tell me about the future of this HUNTERcoin, at least I want to be part of this thread with the community here

This article is a comprehensive explanation of the history behind and current state of Huntercoin. It will fill you in if you don't have time to read through the mass of posts in the Huntercoin thread. You can trust it to be correct and not outdated for the near future.

Pages:
Jump to: