Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 84. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 403
Merit: 251
This article is a comprehensive explanation of the history behind and current state of Huntercoin. It will fill you in if you don't have time to read through the mass of posts in the Huntercoin thread. You can trust it to be correct and not outdated for the near future.
Cool, interesting details about these other projects.

Games-on-a-blockchain are on a sliding scale of fake vs real.

If coins are sold to players so they can buy items or whatever in-game it's 100% fake.

If Blizzard would have WoW gold as cryptocurrency but the accounts with PCs and gear belong to Blizzard (that can ban players)
it's 90%+ fake. (with characters and items being all fungible bitassets they could still change the game that is running on their
servers at will: 75% fake)

Speaking of bitasset, the early versions of Bitshares (if it were a game) looked like pretty close to the "real" end. Then something went wrong.

A second sliding scale is game vs cryptocurrency, how much value in percent of the crypto is, or can be, in-game.

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
This article is a comprehensive explanation of the history behind and current state of Huntercoin. It will fill you in if you don't have time to read through the mass of posts in the Huntercoin thread. You can trust it to be correct and not outdated for the near future.

It's a shame if such great idea will be forgotten. I've not visited this thread for a looong time and seems that almost nothing changed((

I believe that here are some people with a lot of coins, why not hire some professionals to reborn the game? Everyone holding the coins will win if new players will come!
Or we should find a professional who likes the game enough to buy some and market Huntercoin for free. Wink

By the way, now that we have a first batch of Huntercoin articles coming out, we're focusing on growing our social media presence. The best way to help right now would be by joining and referring those who might be interested to this Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/467303256806059/

if anyone wants to test the better-qt by wiggi, they can take a look here for the windows version - he's already compiled but here is my compiled version

https://mega.nz/#!MM9G3SKI!Va9xWaP1iBffX5x8HYT1HXxjQjQQaK3qRGy6M3LBwHM

graphics are much better but may suffer from some performance issues
odd little bugs but would be good to get peoples feedback.

(this doesn't include the extra features he has been experimenting with atm)

The windows version of Huntercoin 1.3.01 linked in OP comes with Qt 4.8.5 dlls, so I assume all qt client variants can be built
using the original guide from bitcointalk.

Which is now difficult to find if not already knowing an exact line, like "4. Setup Qt 4.8.5 and compile Bitcoin-qt" to help google a bit.

It would be interesting if someone manages to build with Qt 4.8.6, or a newer boost version than 1_54_0 on windows.

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Does anyone want to buy my huntercoins???

i have approx 12 full coins?? Any offers for swap to BTC??

I'll give you 120 DOGE, since one HUC is worth about 10x as much as a single DOGE. Swapping for BTC is ridiculous since the amount of BTC you'd spend on the tx fee is more than 12 HUC is worth.

If u went to 160 doge i would do it...

How can we escrow??

Considering that the price of DOGE has gone up quite a bit since that post, a more reasonable change would be to around 100 DOGE for 12 HUC, but that's fine. No need to escrow, just PM your DOGE address, I'll send coins and then reply with my HUC address...if you want.
Activity: 676
Merit: 501

I'll give you 120 DOGE, since one HUC is worth about 10x as much as a single DOGE. Swapping for BTC is ridiculous since the amount of BTC you'd spend on the tx fee is more than 12 HUC is worth.

If u went to 160 doge i would do it...

How can we escrow??
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
hi armando, agree those with loads of coins should donate some to the dev fund..

there have been a lot of changes though and more to come

--

if anyone wants to test the better-qt by wiggi, they can take a look here for the windows version - he's already compiled but here is my compiled version

https://mega.nz/#!MM9G3SKI!Va9xWaP1iBffX5x8HYT1HXxjQjQQaK3qRGy6M3LBwHM

graphics are much better but may suffer from some performance issues
odd little bugs but would be good to get peoples feedback.

(this doesn't include the extra features he has been experimenting with atm)
Activity: 870
Merit: 500
Trading will make me rich)

It's a shame if such great idea will be forgotten. I've not visited this thread for a looong time and seems that almost nothing changed((

I believe that here are some people with a lot of coins, why not hire some professionals to reborn the game? Everyone holding the coins will win if new players will come!
legendary
Update for
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13478921
It's an in-game auction (gems <-> coins) and price feed system (HUC in USD), in need of some testers (on testnet).

For Windows, with up-to-date testnet gamestate for the experimental version.
https://mega.nz/#!qQ0lgLRT!xmzSlbxP-HV0t-3LwkInJmMzoVohUQ6ZKgSy3uADnHA

Source
https://github.com/wiggi/huntercoin/tree/betterQt-with-storage
uncomment "#define PERMANENT_LUGGAGE" to get the experimental version.

Nodes can switch between safe mode and experimental version (exit, rename executable and gamestate.dat, continue).

To use:

- Start client, wait until blockchain download is finished, open game tab, click middle mouse button to start tx monitor.
  (2 files are updated for each new block: adventurers.txt and auction.txt)

- Set autoupdate without asking in Qt-creator: Tools | Options | Environment | when files are externally modified: reload all unchanged editors
  (Vim, or Notepad++ can do the same)

- If an action is possible (buy, sell, feed, or send coins), auction.txt will come up with an example line
  to be copied as chat message or console command.

Provisional rules:

If a hunter owns a "storage vault", i.e. is transferred to the vault address, they can post 1 (one) sell order. It will stay active when the player is offline and the price
is reduced by 1 tick every 100 blocks, until filled. (dutch auction)

To cancel: "GEM:HUC set ask 0 at 0", or just set it higher: "GEM:HUC set ask 1 at 1000000"

The "settlement price" will slowly move up or down, depending on the best ask price, and the game can later use this as estimated/collateral value.
It's not possible to place sell orders below the settlement price.

Every hunter can post a "fill or kill" buy order, which can fill against the current best ask.
For now, the client will refrain from sending coins all by itself but it would be trivial to do.

To get the feed reward (on testnet every 100 blocks, on mainnet this would be 10000), the feed price must be within +-5% of median feed from all players

Offline testing is also easy, with a setup like the testnet-in-a-box linked here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13371058
just copy the official testnet blockchain to hunt1\testnet *and* to hunt2\testnet.

Activity: 647
Merit: 255
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
The problem with hanging units should be solved, I guarantee, dozens of new players and the interest of hundreds of traders! This coin will live and she deserves to live! But there are some problems that the developer does not put in the foreground !!! As it is not unfortunate, but it's a fact!

Dev hear me, I beg you!

Huh
Devs put a lot of work in for free and have always been responsive.

You think I do not know? Read carefully my posts and will not be too many questions!!!
Activity: 955
Merit: 500
The problem with hanging units should be solved, I guarantee, dozens of new players and the interest of hundreds of traders! This coin will live and she deserves to live! But there are some problems that the developer does not put in the foreground !!! As it is not unfortunate, but it's a fact!

Dev hear me, I beg you!

Huh
Devs put a lot of work in for free and have always been responsive.

Dev hear me, I beg you!
legendary
I've heard it works better on other operating systems besides Windows. Unfortunately, I don't know Linux, yet  Embarrassed
Activity: 359
Merit: 250
Well, I have something like this and all the imagined! What is happening with this coin discussing those who do not have a clue about this coin !!! So I can tell you that before the discussion about ety coin you sit down and play it At least for a while, and then he'll say something!

Personally, my opinion, the bots in this game is not a hindrance, but even the very opposite! With bots much more interesting!

The main problem of this coin, it stops loading the blocks! The problem has always been there in the first place! Even the size of blockchain not so terrible as a stop block download!

Yes, I am completely aware of this - and agree. I am hoping that the update to Huntercore with the smaller blockchain will resolve the hang-ups that have been there since day 1. If this happens, things change a lot. Originally, the issues were blamed on the fact that the game was very hard drive intensive, and an SSD was recommended. I have an SSD and the blockchain download still hangs on the current version.
Well, I have something like this and all the imagined! What is happening with this coin discussing those who do not have a clue about this coin !!! So I can tell you that before the discussion about ety coin you sit down and play it At least for a while, and then he'll say something!

Personally, my opinion, the bots in this game is not a hindrance, but even the very opposite! With bots much more interesting!

The main problem of this coin, it stops loading the blocks! The problem has always been there in the first place! Even the size of blockchain not so terrible as a stop block download!
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

legendary
There is no rush or deadline but still, sooner we get HUC on Cryptopia the better. Just send to 1CimAZvvuw1VdjwAiKcoq3Dn97Z2dQGJvT and as soon as 0.08 BTC is there I'll buy 500,000 DOT and go through the rest of procedure required for coin listing. Balance for address is 0.008 BTC at the moment, check it at https://blockchain.info/address/1CimAZvvuw1VdjwAiKcoq3Dn97Z2dQGJvT

Balance is still at 0.008 BTC only, my contribution.

Is it realy possible this community has dropped so low, poor and stupid that deals like one Cryptopia offered will be ignored? What, all of you combined don't have less than 40 USD required to immidiately add HUC to legit exchange (registered business at New Zealand), a deal which normaly costs 400 USD at that exchange and usualy more at other exchanges, or you think deal is not worth the money? How fucking stupid can you go? Poloniex can go down the same way all major cryptocoin exchanges went, anytime, and then you will do what? No exchange, no coins (since I can bet you are dumb enough to keep all your coins at Poloniex), way to go?

You can debate whatever technical matters you want but you are totaly failing at fundamentals. And for now I am still around trying to help there but it is highly likely I'll stop losing my time here.

I'll have a look at the exchange and I would definitely consider footing a significant proportion of the donation. However, see my post above - I'm not 100% sure that doing this before Domob's code changes are implemented is a good idea, as we are essentially looking to revive this coin and start fresh - probably most people have forgotten about it and it is important to make a good new first impression...

Also, there's a new exchange being run by the WildBeastBitcoin developer, 1Ex.trade, and following his thread, he's rapidly making changes/upgrades and getting it integrated into coinigy, etc. Seems like a bit of an idealist, could possibly be interested in supporting a unique coin like Huntercoin. Could be another good one to target if we can get the coin working well with the wallet updates.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13643456
The problem is that all development/marketing funds are in HUC, so it's more difficult to get anything done without HUC going up, first. In the interim period before a noob-friendly wallet is available, I have been instructing friends to hold coins on Poloniex since their coins aren't worth that much, anyways (risk is relatively small).

The current marketing focus is on hyping what is to come, then announcing the Huntercore update once released. I'm actually now ready to start releasing articles, but I want to buy more coins with my 1st-of-the-month paycheck, first. Tongue
Activity: 651
Merit: 518
There is no rush or deadline but still, sooner we get HUC on Cryptopia the better. Just send to 1CimAZvvuw1VdjwAiKcoq3Dn97Z2dQGJvT and as soon as 0.08 BTC is there I'll buy 500,000 DOT and go through the rest of procedure required for coin listing. Balance for address is 0.008 BTC at the moment, check it at https://blockchain.info/address/1CimAZvvuw1VdjwAiKcoq3Dn97Z2dQGJvT

Balance is still at 0.008 BTC only, my contribution.

Is it realy possible this community has dropped so low, poor and stupid that deals like one Cryptopia offered will be ignored? What, all of you combined don't have less than 40 USD required to immidiately add HUC to legit exchange (registered business at New Zealand), a deal which normaly costs 400 USD at that exchange and usualy more at other exchanges, or you think deal is not worth the money? How fucking stupid can you go? Poloniex can go down the same way all major cryptocoin exchanges went, anytime, and then you will do what? No exchange, no coins (since I can bet you are dumb enough to keep all your coins at Poloniex), way to go?

You can debate whatever technical matters you want but you are totaly failing at fundamentals. And for now I am still around trying to help there but it is highly likely I'll stop losing my time here.

Don't send any BTC, deal if off as far as I'm concerned. With it goes off any sort of my support for HUC so now you can debate stupid irrelevant shits here, dump to a new all-time low, I don't care.
How many of you (who leads this discussion) tried to play this game? There are such?We do not just download Start run and closed. A full game a week or more!
Pages:
Jump to: