Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO]⚡ Metahash - cryptocurrency for decentralized apps⚡ - page 65. (Read 63647 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 0
Good to know... Is there a description to Setup a Peer node server?
Activity: 1159
Merit: 19
Join the ride!
just made a video about metahash project
check it out
https://youtu.be/K6jZm523Y90

thank you. we appreciate your contribution to our community!
Activity: 19
The plan is very nice and if you really thrive in actualizing your ideas, then I suppose it will be interesting.
Join the ride!
Can I run the Peer node on my PC? It's an i7 second Gen. 8 GB RAM

if your internet connection is good - probably. but the first version of the software for nodes will be Linux only
you would have to launch a virtual Linux machine and nodes really eat up a lot of bandwidth and resources

Oh OK.. Then it will be better to rent a server?

Rewards from forging are big enough to cover the cost of renting any equipment.
So it's more about getting people to delegate coins to your node.
Activity: 179
Merit: 10

if your internet connection is good - probably. but the first version of the software for nodes will be Linux only
you would have to launch a virtual Linux machine and nodes really eat up a lot of bandwidth and resources

Oh OK.. Then it will be better to rent a server?
Join the ride!

Join the ride!
Is tracechain open source?

It will be made open source and decentralized step by step.
Now the MetaGate is on git. August torrent and proxy roles with the start of forging.
Preparing code to be open-sourced takes a lot of work and security tests must be finished. So we’ll take a careful approach and decentralize one node role after another and then launch a duplicate network with auto role assignment.

What's your deal about decentralizing?

In brief - we do need to have some centralized control over the network and make a lot of security fixes and adjustments until we can let it free. The first step would be decentralizing incoming TX gates and data storage and data feeds. This leads to public logs in decentralized storage, but doesn't let a successful attack happen.
Activity: 93

Now the MetaGate is on git. August torrent and proxy roles with the start of forging.
Preparing code to be open-sourced takes a lot of work and security tests must be finished. So we’ll take a careful approach and decentralize one node role after another and then launch a duplicate network with auto role assignment.

What's your deal about decentralizing?
Join the ride!

Activity: 68
Join the ride!

so is this like a new platform that is specialized in voting?

our consensus is based not only on math and tech but also has an authority part.
Makes it much harder to manipulate.

so, as I understand the logic. what you are trying to make a new advanced platform

If community trusts you, you can make your way up from peer to master
We are trying to reinvent blockchain technology, making it as fast as possible
Activity: 278

our consensus is based not only on math and tech but also has an authority part.

so, as I understand the logic. what you are trying to make a new advanced platform
Join the ride!

Activity: 278

Join the ride!
Curious how many nodes in total can there be is there a cap on let's say the core nodes?

Cap on cores is 256. But this pool is always reselected
Cap on total ammount of nodes is somewhere in thousends
Cap's and stakes are there to limit hardware costs to reasonable ammounts, but keeping a high decentrilization grade.

i see, and each node 1 node can handle more than 100,000 transactions per second  is that torrent and slave nodes at 100,000

Actually, any common server can handle over 100 000 but it the network that is the bottleneck of the system.

yeah, ok i do understand now -  network meaning the data speeds isp

connection speed between computers to synchronize TX When we are talking about speeds we mean 1 fully synchronized network.
We don't calculate sub-chains speeds to make us look good.
Activity: 25
just made a video about metahash project
check it out
https://youtu.be/K6jZm523Y90
Curious how many nodes in total can there be is there a cap on let's say the core nodes?

Cap's and stakes are there to limit hardware costs to reasonable ammounts, but keeping a high decentrilization grade.

i see, and each node 1 node can handle more than 100,000 transactions per second  is that torrent and slave nodes at 100,000

Actually, any common server can handle over 100 000 but it the network that is the bottleneck of the system.

yeah, ok i do understand now -  network meaning the data speeds isp
Join the ride!
We have an idea we want to discuss with you.

But the concept of two signatures has some disadvantages... For the fact that I can cancel a transaction looks good, but on the other side it looks risky too, especially for buying and selling purpose

Of course it will go a long way to prevent theft, but it has its own down side which may discourage others who may love your technology

So, practically you just lock some of your coins and you'll need some time to unlock them
The idea is to be able to lock some of the coins you own in a separate wallet so you can sleep well knowing that the second password can lock them back if somebody gets the 1st one.
Join the ride!

Pages:
Jump to: