Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 137. (Read 92794 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 115
October 28, 2017, 08:37:49 AM
I just had a discussion with a friend, he said he didn't believe in a social platform where people can also sell things. I replied by saying that for many platforms I didn't believe they would get big, like Facebook (because there were many forums/platforms before Facebook) or Instagram. So this opened my eyes. Never judge but do your research

I was around for the time that the internet started. I had discussion with people how email is different from internet. Most people I know never thought they would need to sent an email. We have letters right?
Technology comes first, people have to adapt.

A better mouse trap can always be built. Sometimes people don't realize then need something until they use it.

I always try to teach that lesson to people. I've read that it took over 100 years from the invention of the automobile to the first paved roads that changed the infrastructure of the whole world. When the infrastructure improved, the technology took over. People would no longer ride horses, but cars were the new standard. With crypto we need as many projects as possible to change infrastructure for the regular people, only then will it start being used by the common folks and not the nerds.

We are witnessing a kind of revolution not just with Soma but all crypto project and in every revolution there was a huge part of skepticism involved. Some people are afraid and dont understand the change and the percentage of population involved in crypto is still low, but i am sure with time most of them will change their way of thinking.
I hope Soma can be directly involved with that.
copper member
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
October 28, 2017, 08:19:23 AM
is soma like etsy?
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
October 28, 2017, 07:55:51 AM
Segwit and who knows how many forks after that will come along? Hopefully there comes a more stable period after this.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I think that this next fork will be the biggest one. After this, BTC core will have shown that it is the true version and that forks cannot prevail against it. Also, some big names (eg. Roger Ver) will be discredited.

Well, Segwit2X is needed, for me that's the real bitcoin and the true evolution that was needed.

yes, for me too. the other wanna be forks are like wtf, lets make a fork to pump bitcoin even more... sucks hard nowadays...
Activity: 294
October 28, 2017, 07:45:12 AM
Segwit and who knows how many forks after that will come along? Hopefully there comes a more stable period after this.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I think that this next fork will be the biggest one. After this, BTC core will have shown that it is the true version and that forks cannot prevail against it. Also, some big names (eg. Roger Ver) will be discredited.

Well, Segwit2X is needed, for me that's the real bitcoin and the true evolution that was needed.
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
October 28, 2017, 07:43:31 AM
perhaps they did not pick up what they had expected could be this the cause of the extension of the ico?...

Well, of course that could be possible but they stated right at the beginning that they don't need a soft cap because they are already backed by an Angel investor. So in theory they should have been able to work with whatever they raise during the initial ICO period.
Activity: 798
Merit: 262
October 28, 2017, 07:40:06 AM

I heard there's one more fork on the way bitcoin platinum. This thing is not gonna end. Fork or no fork now ICO should happen to be on the new date.
Activity: 350
October 28, 2017, 07:28:42 AM

As long as still not efficient possible to segwit again. Segwit is needed and is a necessity because the management of inputs or transactions is still not efficient so that burden block of bitcoin which can only hold max 1 MB per block
Activity: 588
October 28, 2017, 07:19:55 AM
perhaps they did not pick up what they had expected could be this the cause of the extension of the ico?...

that's most likely the case, but if they failed to get what they needed, maybe there aren't people interested in this. we'll see when the extension is over.
Activity: 154
October 28, 2017, 07:19:02 AM

i think the want to reach the hard cap to get their full potential!!
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605
October 28, 2017, 07:13:15 AM
Activity: 252
October 28, 2017, 07:09:51 AM

Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
October 28, 2017, 06:53:15 AM
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
October 28, 2017, 06:52:28 AM
So far they have collected approximately 18176ETH. Even with the extension of the term of sale, the time period is not very successful for this. Because of this uncertainty with the fork in November. Faster would have already happened this fork, and even better, so that this does not happen.

Yes, maybe they should have finished the token sale before and just announced another one after the next fork. Well, now it's too late, as the current extension is already running.
You mean another ICO round? if so, i think it wont be so different from extending it.

I think extend is better then another ICO round. Another ICO round will be harder to explain to initial investors

Why not? I think it's the same, extending or adding a round. If you change the price with the new round, it is a different thing, but with same conditions they are same.

I guess that could work. I think communication with current Soma investors is a key thing here. You dont want current investors to be unhappy.

You are right, communication is important but why didn't they just announce the prolongation of the ICO earlier?
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
October 28, 2017, 06:47:27 AM
May be, but dont forget about Segwit... Its will be in November 16th ...
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
October 28, 2017, 06:23:33 AM
neverthless, i still think it was the right decision to move the end date of the ico, due to all the forks happend and will happen.
Activity: 154
October 28, 2017, 05:48:03 AM
So far they have collected approximately 18176ETH. Even with the extension of the term of sale, the time period is not very successful for this. Because of this uncertainty with the fork in November. Faster would have already happened this fork, and even better, so that this does not happen.

Yes, maybe they should have finished the token sale before and just announced another one after the next fork. Well, now it's too late, as the current extension is already running.
You mean another ICO round? if so, i think it wont be so different from extending it.

I think extend is better then another ICO round. Another ICO round will be harder to explain to initial investors

Why not? I think it's the same, extending or adding a round. If you change the price with the new round, it is a different thing, but with same conditions they are same.

I guess that could work. I think communication with current Soma investors is a key thing here. You dont want current investors to be unhappy.
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
October 28, 2017, 05:42:28 AM

A new ICO round would be maybe a better idea for the initial investors, however business wise I understand they choose to prolong the ICO. Investors should have confidence in the team, you invested because you believed in this project in the first place I guess
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
October 28, 2017, 05:40:26 AM

Yes, i agree with that.
And its easier to extending than adding another round.
Activity: 994
Merit: 278
October 28, 2017, 05:36:49 AM
I just had a discussion with a friend, he said he didn't believe in a social platform where people can also sell things. I replied by saying that for many platforms I didn't believe they would get big, like Facebook (because there were many forums/platforms before Facebook) or Instagram. So this opened my eyes. Never judge but do your research

I was around for the time that the internet started. I had discussion with people how email is different from internet. Most people I know never thought they would need to sent an email. We have letters right?
Technology comes first, people have to adapt.

A better mouse trap can always be built. Sometimes people don't realize then need something until they use it.

I always try to teach that lesson to people. I've read that it took over 100 years from the invention of the automobile to the first paved roads that changed the infrastructure of the whole world. When the infrastructure improved, the technology took over. People would no longer ride horses, but cars were the new standard. With crypto we need as many projects as possible to change infrastructure for the regular people, only then will it start being used by the common folks and not the nerds.

Truth to be told, i am not going to wait 100 years for changin infrastructure, but luckily 1 year in crypto world equals 50~ years real life time. Smiley
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 28, 2017, 05:31:57 AM

Jump to: